Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 Intelligent Flight Modes
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Machoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

starfighters Posted at 2015-9-23 11:39
Hi good morning.

Me too i would have preferred the possibility to pre plan a mission directly ove ...

Thats not true you just have to use brain and be careful.  

- I check position of powerlines already when planning http://www.flosm.de/html/Stromnetz.html
- I use google earth pictures to find additional obstacles.
- I calculate alt needed to sure go over trees (and adjust them lower later if I see its possible).
- At the place of action I use binoculars to watch for handytowers, which basically are the only not before known obstacles if they hide between trees.

Planning for up to 2km range is not a problem this way and its MORE SAFE then fly and try because you absolutely cannot guess the distance to obstacles through the tablet view.

There will be more casualties due to wrong distance guessing as there would be when planning before.

However the main problem in DJI go is the 500m radius limit which makes waypoints in 50% of cases where they are needed useless.

Additionally as far I have heard DJI go does not even allow to change waypoints after flying which disqualifies it completely. Actually there always will be adjustments just to add a point and make it longer or to return it somewhere. Instead of RTH I prefer to use waypoints back to me so it will return the path i want it to return whatever happens.

Its much more safe as set RTH to 120m fo avoid obstacles because in 120m you can be much higher in a valley, there can be emergency helicopters, big birds (they like to attack drones), much more wind which you cannot see from down. I prefer to programm a path at 50m and avoid obstacles instead.

I have 6 batteries its not possible to fly eyerything twice, if i had 10 batteries then i would not be able to charge them again in time without buying 5 chargers. It just does not work like this.
2015-9-23
Use props
1999fxd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1106 ft
Thailand

For DJI-Tim or DJI-Dave, is there any plans by DJI to upgrade software in Phantom 2 Vision plus to POI, Follow Me, Waypoint or is the bird done for upgrades Thanks
2015-9-23
Use props
starfighters
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1358215 ft
United Kingdom

Machoman Posted at 2015-9-23 11:35

- I check position of powerlines alrea ...

i agree...regarding use the brain,wich should always been used...
I was referring to some one in a post before,wich stated that in his opinion was better ....flying ,setting point  and repeat the mission,it's time and battery consuming...for me.
Thats all...

2015-9-23
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
First Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

1999fxd@gmail.c Posted at 2015-9-23 03:43
For DJI-Tim or DJI-Dave, is there any plans by DJI to upgrade software in Phantom 2 Vision plus to P ...

I don't think we will see another update to the p2v+, The standard is the replacement and as POI.
2015-9-23
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616079 ft

South Africa

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-9-23 03:56
Upper right hand corner.  Change the view to see the full maps.

Good day Tahoe_Ed

This is the result if I select the top right hand corner...

IMG_0017[1].PNG

Regards
2015-9-23
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Adamastor Posted at 2015-9-23 09:33
Good day Tahoe_Ed

Can you connect you your home wifi and see any maps?
2015-9-23
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

gregg1r Posted at 2015-9-18 14:21
If you ever get new software for your PC or MAC, read the legal disclaimers. You purchased the rig ...

Imagine you have a graphics software capable of 32Mio colors like it was advertised. Now comes an "update" and after you have 16 colors. They can do this but must explicitely warn you about the changes if the update is irreversible and they may not force the update. Otherwise in most civilized countries you are obliged to get money back.

Such cases are rare because normally no one will do such things.

btw how should DJI do forced updates or you cant fly?

If you dont update firmware and software you never can be forced to an update. Always save a clean .apk file in case something goes wrong with update. Never update the firmware unless carefully researching for hidden traps and downgrades. You can also copy the complete file structure to your PC as a backup. (However no idea about apple, I already dislike that they want force me to install itune just to download the software on the PC. I dont know if Apple users can be forced to things they dont want. )

I am happy with the Inspire + 3rd party apps everything works now and I will not update anything unless I am sure its not a hidden downgrade. The max speed is a little less then before decreased from 18 --> 15 m/s but as far as I tested it thats the only limit I got.

2015-9-23
Use props
gregg1r
First Officer

United States

Machoman Posted at 2015-9-23 13:08
Imagine you have a graphics software capable of 32Mio colors like it was advertised. Now comes an " ...

You've already had a forced update to the Inspire 1 with the transmitter going from 24 to 8 channels. Then there was the mandatory No Fly Zones, that got pushed thru.

I believe DJI basically wouldn't allow for flight as the transmitter was broadcasting on frequencies which weren't licensed for.

If you fly LOS, then you don't need to upgrade anything. Just turn on the remote, fire up the bird and go fly. If you want to use the Pilot or DJO GO app, they can somewhat force the issue.
2015-9-23
Use props
gregg1r
First Officer

United States

Adamastor Posted at 2015-9-23 12:33
Good day Tahoe_Ed

I'm not an expert, but if you are using IOS, you have to go to settings, privacy, location services, then Pilot or DJI Go app and allow it to access when being used.

Not sure how to get to the permissions on Android.
2015-9-23
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

1999fxd@gmail.c Posted at 2015-9-23 03:43
For DJI-Tim or DJI-Dave, is there any plans by DJI to upgrade software in Phantom 2 Vision plus to P ...

I would agree with Blade. It is unlikely that the P2V+ will see more upgrades.
2015-9-23
Use props
Jocelyn

Israel

when "Follow me" for Inspire 1.  NeXT upgrade or never???   Thx.   

2015-9-23
Use props
1999fxd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1106 ft
Thailand

Okay Thanks Blade and Dave
2015-9-23
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.3

South Africa

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-9-23 18:46
Can you connect you your home wifi and see any maps?

Good day Tahoe_Ed

Yes, I can see maps, satellite imagery as well as hybrid views.

And this is the confusing part.
Because everything seem "normal", it is hard for me to believe that the maps caching function is up the spout.

What has now been established as well is...
My current location is displayed in the small window when I'm connected to WiFi, but the moment I switch to the large view only my last site flown is displayed.
I could only once or twice manage to see my current location in the larger view.  It is not clear how I got that to happen, but trying to re-create the actions is difficult as this happened under different circumstances.
It does have a large blue circle around my current position though.  I assume it is because my location is "estimated" because I am not connected to a GPS - built in, or via the RC.

Best regards
2015-9-24
Use props
jab_07
lvl.1

Colombia

I have an android and I can not access the option of multiple flight and have updated all versions please help.

Thank you
2015-9-24
Use props
arnold114
lvl.1
Flight distance : 216801 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-21 22:11
I am not sure what is going on then. You should have the new icon at the top of your screen next t ...

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 5/6 times. How would I know if I had the 1.4.001. firmware, would it come up on any screen?
2015-9-24
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

arnold114@btint Posted at 2015-9-24 11:01
I have uninstalled and reinstalled 5/6 times. How would I know if I had the 1.4.001. firmware, wou ...

It is on the about screen.
Inspire1.jpg
2015-9-24
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

Please keep in mind that pic is for the Inspire1. If you have a Phantom3 it is on the same screen but the firmware versions will have different numbers.

Do you need those numbers? If so let me know which Phantom you have.
2015-9-24
Use props
davidreeb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 175095 ft
  • >>>
China

Follow me only works on phantom 3 not inspire 1?
2015-9-24
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

davidreeb Posted at 2015-9-25 14:32

Follow me is not available on Inspire yet
2015-9-24
Use props
pdmclardy

United Kingdom

When will follow me  be available for Inspire ??
2015-9-25
Use props
bletzinger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 133287 ft
United States

I updated my P3P and it seems to fly slower than the previous FW allowed, which I believe others have noticed as well. Its still fast enough for most of what I want to do, however, yesterday I was only able to descend ay about 3 m/sec (full stick down) which is too slow IMO, because I would want to descend more rapidly in case there was a problem. Can anyone confirm slow descents?
2015-9-25
Use props
arnold114
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-24 21:22
Please keep in mind that pic is for the Inspire1. If you have a Phantom3 it is on the same screen bu ...

I have phantom 3 standard, and on "about" app - 2.2.0, firmware - 1.1.30 , no mention of aircraft as in your shot. How do I upload screenshots?
2015-9-25
Use props
arnold114
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-24 21:22
Please keep in mind that pic is for the Inspire1. If you have a Phantom3 it is on the same screen bu ...

Is Samsung Galaxy S4 compatible with phantom 3 standard in f mode?
2015-9-25
Use props
xerxxerx
Flight distance : 268051 ft
United States

Machoman Posted at 2015-9-23 06:35

- I check position of powerlines alrea ...

I agree that manually flying autonomous flights to define the flight plans is far less safe than simple pre-flight map based planning.  If the GPS in the aircraft is good enough to control the flight then using satellite maps to define it should be fine., especially if you leave plenty of extra clearance.

When it comes to autonomous flights for mapping or photos it is always safer to pre-plan the flights.  Even all manually flown flights, a flight plan is standard operating procedure.  Battery time is precious and I want to know exactly what shots I need and where to fly before I take off.   Once you in the the field you may need to adjust your plan as needed.   A quick pre-flight inspection of a site to look for altitude minimums before planning is even better.   The only time I have flown into an object was when I was LOS manually flying and not carefully watching my map.  Your own eyes watching the drone is the worse way to estimate clearances.   With flight planning I can also have a number of stock paths that can be applied to capture classic scenes, like pull a ways, reveals, travel pans.   

Manually flying first for safety...  just makes no sense.
2015-9-25
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

davidreeb Posted at 2015-9-24 23:32

Yes, Phantom3 only.
2015-9-25
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

pdmclardy@hotma Posted at 2015-9-25 02:14

We do not have a date yet and there is a chance it will never be on the Inspire.
2015-9-25
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

pdmclardy@hotma Posted at 2015-9-25 02:14

We do not have a date yet and there is a chance it will never be on the Inspire.
2015-9-25
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

arnold114@btint Posted at 2015-9-25 07:46
I have phantom 3 standard, and on "about" app - 2.2.0, firmware - 1.1.30 , no mention of aircraft  ...

That is odd, you should have something there for aircraft.

To take a screen shot just push the home button and the power button at the same time on your iPad.
Then you can post the picture here.
2015-9-25
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

I have phantom 3 standard, and on "about" app - 2.2.0, firmware - 1.1.30 , no mention of aircraft  ...

To take a screen shot just push the home button and the power button at the same time on your iPad.
Then you can then post the picture here.
2015-9-25
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

Then you can then post the picture here.
2015-9-25
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

bletzinger Posted at 2015-9-25 03:03
I updated my P3P and it seems to fly slower than the previous FW allowed, which I believe others hav ...

I know the speed was reduced for the Inspire but not sure about the Phantom.
2015-9-25
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

arnold114@btint Posted at 2015-9-25 11:51
Is Samsung Galaxy S4 compatible with phantom 3 standard in f mode?

I am not sure if it is compatable at all. If it is compatable then it would work in or out of F-mode.
2015-9-25
Use props
arnold114
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-26 00:08

To take a screen shot just push the ho ...

C:\Users\Morris\Pictures\3
2015-9-26
Use props
arnold114
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-24 21:18
It is on the about screen.

I have taken screenshots, but how do I upload them? Clicking on "Picture" above asks for image address. Where do I find that? I have typed in C\Users.....etc - doesn't work. Tried to copy and paste - doesn't work
2015-9-26
Use props
arnold114
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-26 00:09

To take a screen shot just push the ho ...

I have taken screen shots, but do not know how to upload them but I have managed to install one showing the "about" as my avatar(?)
2015-9-26
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great, all I have to do is figure out the download process. The Phantom is taking it but not the Controller?
2015-9-26
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

To upload pics...

Go to Advanced, then click on the paper clip, then click on upload file, then surf to the pic you want on your hard drive, click on open. Select it and click on confirm.
2015-9-26
Use props
arnold114
lvl.1
United Kingdom

arnold114@btint Posted at 2015-9-25 15:46

we have compared  phones controllers and aircrafts and they are exactly the same. The only difference is that when I enable multiple flight modes, IOC is enabled as well. How can I disable this? The problem is that when I switch to f mode, allI get is course lock and homelock, no poi, follow me or way points
2015-9-27
Use props
duey101
lvl.3

Indonesia

Absolutely great features, but the 500 meter limit for Way-Points makes it totally useless for any practical real world application.  For example, I wanted to do a mission across the low tide reefs close to my house.

Take off, raise up 25 meters, set point 1.  Fly out to corner of reef (150 meters) set point 2 fly out to middle of reef (another 200 meters back towards where I took off from) set point 3, out to edge of reef, set point... LIMIT REACHED!  I hardly got anywhere and hit the wall.

So if you expect to do a WP mission any further than the end of the block in your neighborhood, you'll be sadly disappointed.

I went back to the 1.3.20 FW after trying all these features.  The only one most people really wanted (WP) is not really usable in any real world application.  This is such a great Quad Copter, too bad DJI is destroying its functionality with all of these continuing limitations.
2015-9-30
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.3

South Africa

duey101 Posted at 2015-10-1 08:12
Absolutely great features, but the 500 meter limit for Way-Points makes it totally useless for any p ...

My feelings exactly.

My flights are normally longer than 3km in one direction, following a road, rail line or similar.
Some of my sites are longer than 11km!  But only 100m wide...
My highest obstacle is a disused microwave tower every now and then at some 60 or 70m high.

Even if DJI can just add a feature whereby I can upload the waypoints collected with my Garmin GPSMap 60CSx, it would be better than nothing...  It would be a lot easier for me to traverse my site, store the waypoints at the direction changes and fly the route while I concentrate on the road to follow the aircraft while filming a video or taking still photographs at selected spots.

My 2c's worth
2015-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules