12Next >
2916 51 2015-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

here are the results of the 3 modes. I didnt do any home lock or course lock. that for another day.
Main thing to remember is be ready to switch to P-GPS when things go bad!!
All 3 modes worked great.

POI:

Way Points:

Follow me:

Zip Line using waypoints:

Easy to make a grave mistake:
Setting up waypoints for the first time, it is very easy to make a mistake but even easier to avoid a major disaster by quickly flipping the switch to P-GPS MODE. The video shows the beginning of the waypoint, and for some reason, I'm sure user setup error, it made a bee line straight for the trees that were less than 15'. I am glad that I had drilled it into my head to flip the switch to p-gps in case of error. And when it happened, muscle memory kicked in and without hesitation I switched to p-gps and saved the day.

https://youtu.be/3t6SAd9D2mY

2015-9-8
Use props
SkySurfer
lvl.2

United States

Thx Ray

I'm waiting for it to cool down here to test these features out ( major itch )
2015-9-8
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

SkySurfer Posted at 2015-9-8 18:44
Thx Ray

I'm waiting for it to cool down here to test these features out ( major itch )

thank man, how is that range extender working out for you?
2015-9-8
Use props
SkySurfer
lvl.2

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-8 15:52
thank man, how is that range extender working out for you?

GREAT !!

2 miles with no issues

More than enough for me

thx again for this gift,   
2015-9-8
Use props
Joe Blow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 417149 ft

Colombia

Nice Ray.................
2015-9-8
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Good stuff Ray I see you go to the same hairdresser as me
2015-9-8
Use props
Bobcat90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2517654 ft
  • >>>
Taiwan

I wasn't very interested in -- Waypoints -- but, after watching your vid.  I see its possibilities.  Thanks.
2015-9-8
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

Joe Blow Posted at 2015-9-8 19:09
Nice Ray.................

thanks skater
2015-9-8
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

Hey Ray, nice vdeos.  Thanks!

I haven't downloaded anything yet, so quick question, with Follow-Me, if you were to ... wait, were those suspenders?  Oh, sorry, got sidetracked for a moment.  Umm, oh, yeah, if you were to start at 33' or higher, will it let you manually fly lower than 33' once initiated, or are you sort of "locked out" of any adjustments, and trying anything will basically cancel Follow-me mode.

Good stuff ....  : )  
2015-9-8
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-9-9 08:06

I haven't downloaded anything yet, so quick question, with Follow-Me, ...

lmao, yea i hang the rc fro my suspenders, sometimes thats all i wear!! TMI, i know.
yea once you initiate follow me, you cant go below 33'. to be honest i was in a hurry today, so i didnt even try to see if i could override using the sticks. i will try tomorrow and report.
2015-9-8
Use props
StephLed
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347365 ft
United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-9-9 08:06

I haven't downloaded anything yet, so quick question, with Follow-Me, ...

From my follow-me test yesterday, you are locked into the initial altitude setting and cannot override.
2015-9-8
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

StephLed Posted at 2015-9-9 08:58
From my follow-me test yesterday, you are locked into the initial altitude setting and cannot over ...

i can see that being a hazard issue, so if one suddenly notices a tree in the way, then the only option is to abort by flipping back to p-gps
2015-9-8
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

Bobcat90 Posted at 2015-9-9 07:26
I wasn't very interested in -- Waypoints -- but, after watching your vid.  I see its possibilities.  ...

i didnt thin so either but after i messed with it some, i think it can actually be useful. sure u got ot go and do a dry run first to mark all the waypoint, but security probably a good thing
2015-9-8
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

DJI DAVE: i ask you because im kind of ignored by your other colleagues for the most part:
Is it possible to be able to name the waypoints please, as i am old and cant remember my own name, let alone a waypoint with bunch of meaningless numbers(i know it is a date stamp, really)
2015-9-8
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Nice house Ray!  Was I the only one in the first two video's trying to "find" where you were standing in them?! LOL  Everything looks great, can't wait to try them out tomorrow!
2015-9-8
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

Nice Ray, POI is there a minimum height requirement for it work ?

2015-9-8
Use props
radius
lvl.2

Indonesia

thx for sharing Ray. those are nice footages.
i haven't tried the features myself yet.
2015-9-8
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

jayhkr Posted at 2015-9-9 13:07
Nice house Ray!  Was I the only one in the first two video's trying to "find" where you were standin ...

I was wearing camouflage, was standing right in the middle, if u can find me I'll buy you a coke
2015-9-8
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

I like it. Thanks for the vid.
2015-9-8
Use props
Flyhigh7887
lvl.3

Sweden

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-9 08:32
I was wearing camouflage, was standing right in the middle, if u can find me I'll buy you a coke

running around the house as it flew the waypoints?

hiding in the tree line?

in your command bunker under the lawn?

hanging from the P3?

c'mon i am really thirsty....
2015-9-9
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Nice looking house Ray. I'm envious. I live in a small town on a piece of property (it used to be my granddad's) that's 60'x150' so there's barely room for my ham antenna/tower. You have enough room there to not only fly my quads, but also fly my RC planes!
2015-9-9
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-9 02:32

My step-son is the Army (our army!). He has a camo t-shirt with the legend:

"I'm invisible. You can't see me."

Art Burke - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-9-9
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-9-9 19:45
My step-son is the Army (our army!). He has a camo t-shirt with the legend:

"I'm invisible. You c ...

i like that, i had one the samr
2015-9-9
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-9-9 19:43
Nice looking house Ray. I'm envious. I live in a small town on a piece of property (it used to be  ...

not my house, i cant afford that ....., i spend all my money on the p3
2015-9-9
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

Flyhigh7887 Posted at 2015-9-9 16:07
running around the house as it flew the waypoints?

hiding in the tree line?

I was wearing my camouflage outfit lying on the roof top. Sorry u gonna go thirsty
2015-9-9
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

paullindqvist Posted at 2015-9-9 14:00
Nice Ray, POI is there a minimum height requirement for it work ?

Thank you Paul, yes there is a 5m or 15' minimum height limit for POI and 10m or 33' for  FOLLOW ME.
Oddly enough there is no height limit for waypoints, I tested as low as 1' just now!!!
2015-9-9
Use props
Flyhigh7887
lvl.3

Sweden

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-9 17:13
I was wearing my camouflage outfit lying on the roof top. Sorry u gonna go thirsty

well, i suppose if it really isn't your house it was a good idea to bring your roof shingle camo gear with you!

2015-9-9
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

Flyhigh7887 Posted at 2015-9-9 23:28
well, i suppose if it really isn't your house it was a good idea to bring your roof shingle camo g ...

off course, otherwise the home owner may not have liked me being on his property. the pool was nice and warm though!!!
2015-9-9
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-9 17:27
Thank you Paul, yes there is a 5m or 15' minimum height limit for POI and 10m or 33' for  FOLLOW M ...

Thanx for the info Ray!
2015-9-9
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

jayhkr Posted at 2015-9-9 13:07
Nice house Ray!  Was I the only one in the first two video's trying to "find" where you were standin ...

hey Jay
how did it go? did you try the modes?
2015-9-9
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

Nice Ray,  I tried out POI and Way Points.   I will hold off on follows me for now!
2015-9-9
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

Sir Edward K Posted at 2015-9-10 09:41
Nice Ray,  I tried out POI and Way Points.   I will hold off on follows me for now!

did u get my PM regarding the nd filters? did u try em out?
2015-9-9
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-9 20:44
did u get my PM regarding the nd filters? did u try em out?

Yes!  I tried them today.  I have to compare videos I made with and without tonight.  

So, Labor day was almost like Christmas morning you wake up and you find nice little presents for you to download.  Then the next day I look in the mail and there is a nice package from Ray Claus!  Christmas two days in a row!  Thanks Ray!

What is up with the solar activity anyway?  It was playing havoc with my video feed on Monday, whil I was trying to play with my first Christmas presents and Tuesday it rained (good thing because the index was at 6) and today it was 4 so I flew and my downlink video was fine.  Now I check and it is back up to 6 and tomorrow and Friday is forecast to be 5.
2015-9-9
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

When you get a the bottom of this thread you can't remember the original subject of this discussion.
That is because, in the middle of the discussion, ideas varied in different directions, that is why these places are worthwhile visiting. BIG thanks for the nice examples of the new feature of DJI.
2015-9-9
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

capbat Posted at 2015-9-10 10:05
When you get a the bottom of this thread you can't remember the original subject of this discussion. ...

tell me about it, but its all part of the social fun part!!! seeing how human brain works on different bodies!!
2015-9-9
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-9 19:38
hey Jay
how did it go? did you try the modes?

Well I had "issues".  I updated the bird, but when I got to the field I got a FW status of "unknown" under the settings menu.  So I didn't have any of the new options available.  Went home, checked the logs and of course they showed everything was updated "successfully" but nothing to relate that in the app itself.  Fixed it by formatting all of my SD cards and reloaded the FW.  Then I found out that my tablet didn't update so it was still showing an older version (tablet is the only thing that is staying connected at the moment, so I get to deal with the video lag).  Couldn't keep my phone connected to save my life.  I DID, however, have a backup plan while out at the field.  I downloaded Itchi (for Android) and played around with that a bit.  The Follow Me and POI worked really nice.  Not to mention I was able to keep it connected to my tablet AND phone.  Only thing I don't like about it, is it doesn't show any of the calibration values.  

Never fear though, I have the plan of getting up early, again, to get out to the field to try out the GO APP once again, now that everything should be updated properly.  Fingers crossed I'll be successful!  
2015-9-9
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

jayhkr Posted at 2015-9-10 13:04
Well I had "issues".  I updated the bird, but when I got to the field I got a FW status of "unknow ...

i believe the problem started by not having the latest app on your device to start with. i had updated the app first so i wouldnt forget, then p3. as u say try it all over again tomorrow fresh and im sure you ll correct the issues.
i wish u luck and success
2015-9-9
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Yeah, it's been "hectic" around here (refer back to your video and my comment about "scouting for areas to dump bodies") so I wasn't 100% in my zone today.  BUT I have faith that all will be good tomorrow.  On the plus side, I did get my UAVBits Strong arm mounts and installed!  So I have that bit of confidence now that I shouldn't have to worry much about my cracks any longer!  At least to a point.  Another thing was today the planes were flying precariously low.  I'm a SOLID 10 miles from the nearest airport and the planes flying WELL within my LOS had landing gear down and everything as they flew nearby.  NOW, I know they were well above 400 feet, and MUCH further out than where I was at, HOWEVER I'm not taking ANY chances.  So I gave them the right of way, and instead of recharging my batteries to continue on my day I decided to ground myself and cut my losses.
2015-9-9
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

jayhkr Posted at 2015-9-10 01:28
Yeah, it's been "hectic" around here (refer back to your video and my comment about "scouting for ar ...

hey bud, how did it go today? hope you had better luck
2015-9-10
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-10 15:41
hey bud, how did it go today? hope you had better luck

Well the phone wasn't having any bit of staying connected so I had to use my tablet which lags horribly.  HOWEVER, I was able to do POI and Waypoints (tablet has GPS, but wasn't able to follow it).  I liked both of them, and they do work quite well (again when the tablet doesn't want to lag 5 minutes behind everything.  It was a bit warm out, which is sure to be part of the problem.  All in all it was a lot of fun!  BEST part of the whole day was I enticed a park worker out there to buy one.  He had been looking at the P3 for a bit now, just hasn't pulled the trigger.  After he saw the stability, functionality, and ease of flying he was pretty much SOLD!  I believe he said he even frequents this forum too!  All his co-workers were there too and I showed them what it sees, the functions and capabilities of it!  They were all very impressed.  I would send him through my DJI account to buy his P3, but I don't want any issues with delay's and such, so when I e-mail him tonight I'll refer him to the site I bought mine through (3 day shipping!)

Since I was having some issues, I switched over to Litchi app and the follow me function worked.....not sure the difference or why, but it kept right up with me.  I'll post some video's of everything a little later on.  Really thinking about getting the Nvidia Shield tablet.  At $299 it'll probably be a worthwhile investment for this hobby.  I'll have to put the 3D printer on hold a bit longer.  

Thanks again Ray for everything!  How are things going for you?  Any new video's to share with us?
2015-9-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules