Bricked phantom 3 after latest upgrade v1.4.0010
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ignaciohernande
lvl.1

Spain

Hello, I am the owner of a bricked phantom 3. I have done all the previous upgrades with no problem, however this time something went wrong and don't know what it was and now I have basically a Phantom 3 brick, when I turn it on it wont stop beeping. I tried reinstalling the latest software... no luck, then tried a previous firmware with the same result.What do I do?! Do I have to flash the Phantom? how do I do it?

regards,

Ignacio

2015-9-8
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is it doing this ( 35 seconds onwards )?

2015-9-8
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-9 08:34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyZP_BxRCvw

If its doing the above, just leave it like this the latest firmware on the SD card. After about 10 minutes the loud beep will end and it will update as usual. Look for the SOLID GREEN light on the front to know its finished.
2015-9-8
Use props
ignaciohernande
lvl.1

Spain

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-9 09:34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyZP_BxRCvw

Thank you for your reply sploodge!, I was able to get it back in working mode!!!

The "bricked behavior" was like this: I turned it on, then started moving the camera suddenly the camera drops dead heading down the lens. In parallel a very loud beeping sound, continuous single beeps.

How I got it working again? Formatted the microSD, and started the process from scratch. When I turned it on with the SD in the gimbal the sounds at first were the "bricked" sounds, however after about 5min it started sounding a lower 4 beep-beep-beep-beep like when its upgrading. I waited for about 20 min and DONE!

Hope this helps someone else

Regards,

Ignacio
2015-9-9
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ignaciohernande Posted at 2015-9-9 09:01
Thank you for your reply sploodge!, I was able to get it back in working mode!!!

The "bricked beh ...

Cool.. Yeah the bricked sound looks very bad at first but its just a case of waiting it out.

Glad its working for you now...
2015-9-9
Use props
TedRunciman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101506 ft
United Kingdom

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-9 09:11
Cool.. Yeah the bricked sound looks very bad at first but its just a case of waiting it out.

Glad ...

Hi I have had a similar problem with the latest update not loading successfully, have tried going right back to basics as you earlier posting showed by formatting SD downloading the 1.4.0010 upgrade then trying to get the P3 to take the upgrade . Started OK but even after waiting 30 minutes still did not get solid green to indicate OK.  It will fly and indicates safe in GPS etc but screen states Upgrade is required.
Have just tried the process above and have put SD card in and switched on, get the usual start up noise and camera gimbal movement then it no beeps and just yellow flashing lights and nothing else, and have left it running for the 15 minutes + but no change. It will fly as mentioned but still getting upgrade prompt on screen.  Any ideas why upgrade is not completing?
2015-9-11
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TedRunciman Posted at 2015-9-11 11:15
Hi I have had a similar problem with the latest update not loading successfully, have tried going  ...

Can you post the contents of the wo log files ( one in the root of the SD card, the other in a hidden folder on the SD called /MISC/LOG )
2015-9-11
Use props
TedRunciman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101506 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Sploodge, please forgive the efforts of a senior moment non-techie.
When I open the SD I get two files
1 an ordinary file DCIM which is the media file
1 zip file  Phantom_3Professional_Firmware_v_1.04.0010en
on opening the Zip file
I get one PDF file which is How to update firmware
the other
PX3_FW-V1.4.0010.bin   when I try to open this I get a message how do you wish to open this, so obviously I don't have something on my computer set up that will allow me to read a bin file or should I be looking for something else?
2015-9-11
Use props
jordanmarchonma
New

United States

TedRunciman Posted at 2015-9-11 03:06
When I open the SD I get two  ...

I recieved an ERROR 45 upon startup. the report said the update was a SUCCESS  but the props woldnt start up. I tried unsuccessfully to contact DJI. I was wondering if anyone else had this kind of error?  or knows anything about it...?
2015-9-21
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

TedRunciman Posted at 2015-9-11 09:06

Have you found a solution to your problem yet?
Bat
2015-9-21
Use props
michael.hvr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3495003 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

TedRunciman Posted at 2015-9-11 15:06

Unzip the bin file on your computer and then put the bin file on the sd card.
2015-9-21
Use props
ag0n
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Sploodge, am I the only one who sees/hears no change at :35?  I hear nothing in the video.  When mine failed, I tried again and got very loud beeping, quite annoying.  I took it to the other end of the house and let it run for most of an hour.  The loud beeping stopped sometime in the first half hour, and then things must have progressed fine because it was working fine when I checked on it late.
2015-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules