Easy To Make "Waypoints" MISTAKE!!
1424 8 2015-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Setting up waypoints for the first time, it is very easy to make a mistake but even easier to avoid a major disaster by quickly flipping the switch to P-GPS MODE. The video shows the beginning of the waypoint, and for some reason, I'm sure user setup error, it made a bee line straight for the trees that were less than 15'. I am glad that I had drilled it into my head to flip the switch to p-gps in case of error. And when it happened, muscle memory kicked in and without hesitation I switched to p-gps and saved the day.

SO drill it in to yours!!

2015-9-11
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

So what was your mistake, Ray?  Not setting #1 waypoint altitude?
2015-9-11
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

ag0n Posted at 2015-9-11 17:07

no, i had set the first waypoint right where the video starts at 5', the next was 20' directly in front of the first, in the totally opposite direction of the video, i havent had time to look at the logs or take another look at the setup, hopefully i added it to the favorites so i could chk it o see what mistake i may have made but i know for sure it must have been a mistake i made in setting up the waypoints.
2015-9-11
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-11 15:18
no, i had set the first waypoint right where the video starts at 5', the next was 20' directly in  ...

I have had mixed results with uploading waypoints. Sometimes flawless, often "Failed to upload." Since the P3 is close to the 1st waypoint and close to me, the problem might be a waypoint that is out of the accepted parameter. I don't know, because I don't have an official book of waypoint rules yet. If you know of one, please refer me.
I have been very happy with the waypoint flights that have been uploaded however.
Please keep us posted on what you learn - and I'll keep my finger on the P-A-F switch.
2015-9-14
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Rnfaust Posted at 2015-9-14 23:58
I have had mixed results with uploading waypoints. Sometimes flawless, often "Failed to upload." S ...

i have gone over it, and it just should not have done what it did in the video.
at first i thought, maybe the third way point was in that general direction and somehow i did not record the second waypoint and therefore it would make sense for it to go from A t C : i.e.- if there was no B point and C was in that direction. but that was not the case at all. i was waypointing the drive way which is going the opposite way of the video.
since then i have not had any bad waypoints, and i do purposefully create waypoints that start from very low heights and thru pretty dangerous(for the P3) situations to try and make it fail so i could analyse the reason, but so far it has been solid.
as far as upload error; yes i have got those too regardless of the distance. what i do is upload it again without moving the p3 from the failed upload location to see if that is the issue. but always it loads on the second or very rarely on the third try. so i assume it must be in the wireless link from rc to p3!!
2015-9-14
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Rnfaust Posted at 2015-9-14 23:58
I have had mixed results with uploading waypoints. Sometimes flawless, often "Failed to upload." S ...

go to my continuing tests of ioc modes, today i learnt more stuff

http://forum.dji.com/thread-31132-1-1.html
2015-9-14
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

ag0n Posted at 2015-9-12 05:07

hey, go to my continuing tests of ioc modes, i learnt new things today

http://forum.dji.com/thread-31132-1-1.html
2015-9-14
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

I always need to get the bird back within range to upload the entire 100% flight requirements.
2015-9-14
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

brycerichert Posted at 2015-9-15 13:02
I always need to get the bird back within range to upload the entire 100% flight requirements.

i ve had some issues too, whether near or far, i just retry it again and in most cases it works!!
2015-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules