Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GoPro WiFi Interference with 2.4 Receiver?
2771 3 2014-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rwpilot
New

United States

I just built a DJI F450 with the E300 propulsion and the NAZA Lite controller.  For a receiver, I'm using a Futaba R617FS and a Futaba F8G Super transmitter.  The quad has flown flawlessly until I installed my GoPro Hero 3 and used the WiFi with my iphone to start and stop the camera.  I started the video with my phone and began my flight.  About one minute later, the quad lost power and dropped to the ground.  Luckily, I was flying about two feet off the ground over grass so no damage occurred.  I removed the camera and flew again, very low to the ground and got a perfect ten minute flight.  One again, I installed the camera and started it with my phone and slowly hovered the quad further and further away low to the ground, and once again it lost power and dropped.

I'm brand new to using a GoPro with WiFi.  Is there a possibility the GoPro WiFi is causing my issue or is it a coincidence.  I see lots of flying videos posted on YouTube without issues, so what are they using?
2014-12-11
Use props
DJI-Autumn;-)
lvl.4

China

I would advise you not to use the GoPro wifi.
If you try to find you will see some losing control issues after turning on it...
2014-12-12
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Correct.. This is one of the Big no no's, never run two different 2.4ghz systems together in that close range. One will be swamped and most of the time it's the control link.
2014-12-12
Use props
rwpilot
New

United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2014-12-13 00:21
Correct.. This is one of the Big no no's, never run two different 2.4ghz systems together in that cl ...

Thanks for your reply.  I ran the camera today manually without using the WiFi and all went well.
2014-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules