3627 14 2015-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kbjyin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 877864 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I have a P3A and it was the original one that comes with the 2312 Motors. As I really like the new design and the 7% more efficent on the new 2312E motors, I've tried to replace my P3 motor with 2312e 800Kv and 2312E 960Kv motors .

With 2312E 800KV motors and firmware 1.32, my P3 does not fly as stable as the original 2312 960Kv motor, it feels like it's almost trying to  tip over and feels like the air braking is not working either, the fly performance is pretty bad. I think the firmware is not optimized for this motor.   

I then buy another sets of 2312E 960Kv motor and was of hoping it will work similar to the original motors. This time the flight performance is better but still not quite as good as the original one and don't think the air brake work either.

My guess is the ESC in P3 is similar to the 420S as their startup beep sounds are the same . DJI stated the 420S ESC are not compatible on their web site and i think that is part of the reason why they don't work yet .

Few days ago I have updated the firmware to 1.4 and was hopping this version would make it compatible with the 2312E 960Kv motors. Unfortunate, air breaking and the flight performance are still not good..

I believe the new P3 come with the new 2312E motors now. I am wondering whether the ESC on the new models are  different from the original one as  well??

Also do you know which version of the 2312E motors (960kv or 800Kv ) are the new one comes with??

I have updated my "Old" P3A with the latest firmware 1.4 and replacing the 2312E motors on  them will lead to pretty bad flight characteristic...

Will future firmware on the "Old" P3A address this or 2312E motors are simply not support on the old models ??

Ideas anyone??
2015-9-13
Use props
kbjyin
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Can anyone shed some light on this? Would like to get some answers from DJI.
2015-9-14
Use props
mikeon
lvl.4
United States

My original P3A was received in May and obviously had the old motors.  It was bricked by a FW upgrade and replaced by DJI with a new unit, which arrived a week ago.  The replacement unit has the new motors as shown in the pictures in another forum thread.  I don't know whether they are 800 or 960Kv.  There are no markings on them that I can see without disassembling the unit.
The new P3A flies every bit as well as the original.

2015-9-28
Use props
kbjyin
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

mikeon Posted at 2015-9-29 02:48
My original P3A was received in May and obviously had the old motors.  It was bricked by a FW upgrad ...

I think the new motors are the E305 propulsion set and the original one are the E310 propulsion set.  The new one got a more efficient motor but got a trim down version of the 420 lite ESC, without the air braking feature...

I just got a new P3A with the new motors and it fly well but lack the "sharp" responsiveness of the original one..  
2015-9-29
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The motors were part of the E305 kit, it makes sense to move over to them as saves production, i can see the E310 kit getting the new 2312E motors as well,

Its just a part supply thing. absolutely  no issues with the 2312 motors, intact its often preferred to have earlier models as often changes are made for cost savings.
2015-9-29
Use props
kbjyin
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2015-9-30 01:23
The motors were part of the E305 kit, it makes sense to move over to them as saves production, i ca ...

I think the new model use the E305 set ESC too, that's a ESC without the air braking feature and hence lack the repressiveness of the original one.     
2015-9-29
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

The new motors also require a new main board with different ESC's .  If you put the new motors on a P3 with the original main board it will burn out the ESC's.
Please read:  http://www.dji.com/info/releases ... al-advanced-motors1
2015-9-29
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

kbjyin@gmail.co Posted at 2015-9-14 08:35
Can anyone shed some light on this? Would like to get some answers from DJI.

http://www.dji.com/info/releases ... al-advanced-motors1
2015-9-29
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kbjyin@gmail.co Posted at 2015-9-29 20:04
I think the new model use the E305 set ESC too, that's a ESC without the air braking feature and h ...

No its the same setup its just they are 800KV vs the 960KV of the standard 2312. a little less responsive due to the lower KV but may give slightly better flight time.

Active breaking as still a feature and the ESC remains the same , the P3 Standard see stop use the 420 L ESC but not the P3A or P3P.
2015-9-29
Use props
kbjyin
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2015-9-30 07:04
No its the same setup its just they are 800KV vs the 960KV of the standard 2312. a little less res ...

But if you look at the DJI website 2312E motors

You will see they say the 2312E motors are not compatible with the 420s ESC(smart ESC with sine wave drive with air breaking), instead, the 2312E motor can only use the "OLD" square wave 420Lite ESC that is without air braking features..

Assuming DJI use the same propulsion technology in their P3 , I can't see how the new P3 models can have active breaking. Also I think the new motor needed to use different central board is because they needed to integrate the OLD ESC in order to support the 2312E motors. new motors and central board

Thoughts?
2015-9-30
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

New firmware for the 420S is due anytime to give support, its just a FW issue nothing else i believe

TBH FW was meant to be out weeks ago,  http://forum.dji.com/thread-28849-1-1.html

ESC's MOSFET are the same on the new and old board looking at it but are completely different to the ESC MOSFET's used on the P3S, that is based on the 420L its beleived, DJI have made some changes to the main board as well with the introduction of the new motors, these changes may not be related to the motors themselves but it does mean new motors with new board, revisions often happen with multiple items.

Now its same motor on all models but diferent ESC in the Standard compared to the Advance/Pro

Change to the New motors make no different to the P3 A/P feature set, Active braking is a feature it still has.

EDIT: FW now out for the 420 ESC and 2312E motors

http://www.dji.com/product/e310/download

2015-9-30
Use props
kbjyin
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2015-10-1 05:36
New firmware for the 420S is due anytime to give support, its just a FW issue nothing else i believe ...

I see, I just checked the E310 link below and ESC 420S can now support the 2312E motor : ) ..

Wondering why DJI said the old P3A mainboard does not support the 2312A motor?? Do you think it's just a firmware issue??

2015-10-2
Use props
leeblynch
lvl.1
United States

Not sure if you are referring to this or not, but below is what is written about the new motors:
DO NOT install the new 2312A motors onto a Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced aircraft with the old central board (Spare Part NO. 33). Likewise, DO NOT install the old 2312 motors onto a Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced aircraft with the new central board (Spare Part NO. 96). Doing so will likely damage the aircraft. As a general rule, match the old motors with the old central board and the new motors with the new central board. Follow the steps below to replace the motors.
look up compatibility notice for Phantom 3
2015-10-12
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

According to DJI there is no any difference in the performance between old and new. They also referring to new as 2312A. The reason for new motors to meet demands (probably alternative supplier), and possibly save some money in the process by using motors cheaper and more quantities. All they want for users to be aware of this when replacing and prevent from mismatch.
2016-1-30
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

does anyone who have both notice a differnence in feel when flying?
2016-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules