Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
LightBridge 2 can we actually use it like the first version?
4373 13 2015-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ateneu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1348 ft
Romania

As an introduction, i'm a DOP and i'm fet up with the drone rentals that can't do "this" and "that" and when they do it they don't understand composition and timming the shots. Maybe i was unlucky. All my drone shots are done with luck and they last for 1.5 seconds at most. I'm a very happy owner of the Ronin and using it with big productions and even on small budgets music videos.
So, i want to build fast a SpreadingWing S1000+ system with A2 + Ronin M with Sony A7s low light camera. I'm not using Zenmuse Z15-A7 because as i sad before i'm fed up with limitations of the drone rentals. In this case they have just small lenses (pancake type) with short focal lenght (wide). I want to shot maybe with a 50mm, 85mm, and why not 135mm. For this focal lenghts you will need a REMOTE FOCUS and especially if you want to get out of the limitation of the Aperture setting and going wide open for nice bokeh background. On the Zenmuse it will be a problem balancing the gimbal with longer lenses and Remote Focus motors.

As a conclusion lets say to shot in the city at night and pull focus, i think this is the best configuration: SpreadingWing S1000+ system with A2 + Ronin M with Sony A7s and a Remote Focus.
After profound documentation for a month on all devices, the LightBridge 2 comes in play and it has a remote integrating everything I realy like the SDI integrated and the new features.

Because it's a new product nobody had testet yet or do any combinations.
My Questions are as follow:

1. Does the LightBridge2 works with the Ronin M and SpreadingWings with A2? on the website says it's working only with 3models of Zenmuse
2. Does the Remote that comes with LB2 works just as a slave for gimbal control and for the master can i use a futaba with more channels.
3. If you can buy the second remote, can you make a system of 2remotes like in the Inspire 1Case (1for aircraft, 1 for gimbal)? It's this working just with Zenmuse?
4. How customizable are the buttons? on the master and slave remote, for example how do you retract the landing Gear?
5. I read somewhere that the remote can change the shutter and apperture settings on a GH4 zenmuse gimbal system. It's the same with the Zenmuse z15-A7. What settings can you actually change on a Sony camera?
6. Can you change the same settings (aperture, shutter and so on) on a Ronin M combination with LB 2?
7. Can i use it with my Ronin also? (to buy 2of them)
8. It's ready for purschase? i want to have the system ready by 5oct

Thanks for all the answers
2015-9-14
Use props
Gobi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45046 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

1. Does the LightBridge2 works with the Ronin M and SpreadingWings with A2? on the website says it's working only with 3models of Zenmuse
    Yes, LB2 support  Ronin-M and A2
2. Does the Remote that comes with LB2 works just as a slave for gimbal control and for the master can i use a futaba with more channels.
    NO
3. If you can buy the second remote, can you make a system of 2remotes like in the Inspire 1Case (1for aircraft, 1 for gimbal)? It's this working just with Zenmuse?
    YES, but only support HD gimbal.
4. How customizable are the buttons? on the master and slave remote, for example how do you retract the landing Gear?
    only the master remote can control landing Gear
5. I read somewhere that the remote can change the shutter and apperture settings on a GH4 zenmuse gimbal system. It's the same with the Zenmuse z15-A7. What settings can you actually change on a Sony camera?
    only the shutter is supported.
6. Can you change the same settings (aperture, shutter and so on) on a Ronin M combination with LB 2?
    Now, LB2 can only control gimbal,  can not control camera.  but,will be supported later.
    same as question 6.
    you can order it on the dji website
2015-9-15
Use props
ateneu
lvl.1
Romania

Gobi Posted at 2015-9-16 07:15
1. Does the LightBridge2 works with the Ronin M and SpreadingWings with A2? on the website says it's ...

Your answers are to short and i'm not sure 100% so i will debate a little more
Thanks in advance

Yes, LB2 support  Ronin-M and A2Can you be more specific so:
a. the remote that comes with the LB2 it will work for the gimbal Ronin M?
b. suports RoninM and A2 but them together?

only the master remote can control landing Gear
It is programable? can you make the drone to come home like in the Inspire or Phantom series?

Now, LB2 can only control gimbal,  can not control camera.  but,will be supported later.

on next firmware update how can you control the settings on A7 on ronin M? you well need a 3rd party device like the http://vp-systems.eu/camremote.html
    same as question 6.

I was asking if it working with Ronin (the first model)

you can order it on the dji website

In conclusion:
One more question:
9. The SW1000 + A2 + Ronin M it will work with the LB2 but from answers 2 and 3 i'm not shure if it's working in this combination.
a. Can i fly the drone with the ronin M trought the LB2
b. what remotes will i need/have to fly the drone and to control the RoninM

Thank you very much for all the answers
2015-9-16
Use props
RDTeam58
R&D Team

Hong Kong

hi ateneu,
1. lb2 will work for the gimbal ronin m and ronin, please wait.
2.only ronin,only A2 or both ronin and a2 are supported.
3. the function of trigger 'go home' like in the inspire or p3, but you must map geer channel to the switch channel in a2 assistant.
4. shutter will be supported in Zenmuse15 gimbal and ronin in next firmware, and does not require 3rd party device. aperture is not supported.
happy life
2015-9-16
Use props
ateneu
lvl.1
Spain

RDTeam58 Posted at 2015-9-16 15:40
hi ateneu,
2.only ronin,only A2 or b ...

Can i ask you how do you know this stuff? are you working for them or something?

"Please wait" like it will work in the near future, or it's working already

2.only ronin,only A2 or both ronin and a2 are supported.
Thanks

3. the function of trigger 'go home' like in the inspire or p3, but you must map geer channel to the switch channel in a2 assistant.
the remote has a dedicated button for this from what i saw on the website.

4. shutter will be supported in Zenmuse15 gimbal and ronin in next firmware, and does not require 3rd party device. aperture is not supported.
how the LB2 will comunicate with the camera? via HDMI or IR? the Ronin doesn't have IR that's what i'm saying. so you will need a 3rd party device or LANC cable or something!? right?

gracias amigo
long live HK amazing city

2015-9-17
Use props
sines

United States

Hi, sorry to add to your thread but you have asked most of the same questions I was going to ask.. but I have a few more questions:

I am purchasing a Ronin-M and also wish to purchase a S1000+ and Lightbridge 2 for lifting a 5D MKIII and eventually a BlackMagic URSA mini or Micro Cinema camera

Given the above, Can a second operator control Pitch & Yaw for the Ronin-M with the remote controller? What is the range of the Ronin-M remote?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/ ... s=REG&A=details

What is also the largest range for wireless follow focuses? I am looking at the following:
WONDLAN Wireless Memonic Follow focus [4 memory presets, 300M range]
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/251 ... ;chn=ps&lpid=82
CAME-TV [300' range]
http://shop.epictv.com/en/gimbal ... 7hsoCFdEYHwodB_sH7Q
I will also be using Magic Lantern to shoot raw; will Lightbridge 2 allow me to record remotely to internal CF cards [needed for higher than normal frame rate work between 40-60 FPS] ?

Thanks in advance for your response!
2015-12-31
Use props
Kuminatano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 154249 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Hi Everybody!!
I have a S1000+ with A2 + LB2 with Z15 A7+HD and a Sony A7s camera.
I connect and configure all perfectly, but with only ONE controller, I HAVENT PAN or ROLL functions!!!  How can I assign another channel or something????
If I map in the A2 configuration the channel to PAN, it doesnt seems to work too!!!
I was reading that we must buy another controler to use as SLAVE and by this way the LB2 enable the complete gimbal control of the Z15......  

I think there must be a solution for control all the gimbal funcions with only one controller.....  anyone could help me???

Thank a lot!!
2016-2-2
Use props
Hello,  I am jumping on pretty late in the game here but I am trying to integrate an A2 with the LB2 without using a gimbal.  I have tapped 12v to the gimbal cable to power the LB2, everything else is connected up but I have no functionality.   Has anyone else attempted this build with any success?  Thanks.
2016-3-22
Use props
GerryPacher
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5821539 ft
  • >>>

Kuminatano Posted at 2016-2-2 22:51
Hi Everybody!!
I have a S1000+ with A2 + LB2 with Z15 A7+HD and a Sony A7s camera.
I connect and con ...

Hi, just saw your question. I'm in the same boat and the answer from DJI is very clear. No - we can't. We have to use a second controller for the pan.

I'm a solo aerial photographer and dealing with two controller isn't a solution.

Let me know if you have a work around.

Regards, Gerry
2016-4-5
Use props
Kuminatano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 154249 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

GerryPacher Posted at 2016-4-6 01:04
Hi, just saw your question. I'm in the same boat and the answer from DJI is very clear. No - we ca ...

Thanks!!
OK If i know anything I will tell you.

regards,

Alex
2016-6-19
Use props
chilton
New

United States

cpd@uasacademy. Posted at 2016-3-22 10:40
Hello,  I am jumping on pretty late in the game here but I am trying to integrate an A2 with the LB2 ...

Did you ever figure out how to operate with LB2 (for control only) without having a DJI gimbal attached?
2016-8-24
Use props
adam
lvl.3
United States

GerryPacher Posted at 2016-4-6 01:04
Hi, just saw your question. I'm in the same boat and the answer from DJI is very clear. No - we ca ...

And I am in the same boat with both of you!  I cannot fricken believe DJI did not include the ability to pan & tilt mix the gimbal simultaneously from the pilot radio!  This is my BIGGEST hang-up with DJI and something I've been trying to work around for a while.

I have two potential solutions for this but neither is ideal:

1. Purchase the gimbal operator/slave radio and build a mount to hold both radios side-by-side or with the slave radio under the pilot radio and reach down with your left hand to control the gimbal and fly with your right hand on the top pilot radio (I'm sorta doing this now with a Futaba 14SG radio and separate 3rd party gimbal joystick that I attached to the left side of the RC radio...although this is not an HD streaming setup.

2. In theory if you're using a Zenmuse gimbal you can by-pass the video board on the gimbal and run the camera's HD cable directly to the Zenmuse cable that runs up and out the top slip-ring up into the copter.  And there you can run it directly into the Connex HD VTx...the Connex would also be plugged into the A2 controller so you would have both an HD streaming video and with OSD data overlay and you can continue to use your non-DJI radios (if you still have it).

Eitherway DJI has promised me they're "looking into" adding pan/tilt mixing to the LB2 pilot radio but its been about 6 months now and nothing yet so I wouldn't hold  your breath...ugh!!!
I urge you to continue to post and put pressure on DJI so they add this fricken BASIC capability into the LB2 system.
2016-8-25
Use props
fansfce7a254
lvl.1

Botswana

adam@kalita.tv Posted at 2016-8-25 19:24
And I am in the same boat with both of you!  I cannot fricken believe DJI did not include the ability to pan & tilt mix the gimbal simultaneously from the pilot radio!  This is my BIGGEST hang-up with DJI and something I've been trying to work around for a while.

I have two potential solutions for this but neither is ideal:

DJI will never enable the pan, they want to sell second controllers for nothing and single pilots are left in the dust. Please tell me what 3-rd joystick you used for the 14SG is the one from aerialpixels for $165.00? That looks very expensive for a 20usd joystick and a 5usd Arduido board in a fancy box. Do you have any other solution for the 14SG? Thank you.
2016-12-8
Use props
GerryPacher
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5821539 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

chilton@torcrob Posted at 2016-8-24 12:38
Did you ever figure out how to operate with LB2 (for control only) without having a DJI gimbal attached?

Hi Chilton - I'm sorry but this is not possible - you need a second operator.
2017-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules