Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO for iOS9
53932 523 2015-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

DJI GO is experiencing minor compatibility issues with iOS9 resulting in some instability. Our development team is working to remedy this and a fully iOS9 compatible version is scheduled for release in 2-3 weeks.

We recommended delaying your upgrade until the updated DJI Go is available. If you have already updated and are experiencing issues we suggest downgrading to iOS 8.4.1.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Announcement.jpg

2015-9-20
Use props
SkySurfer
lvl.3

United States

Thank You Tim

OK DJI, let's smooth things out
2015-9-20
Use props
DreamingWatchma
lvl.1

Austria

Like any other developer DJI had a chance to get a prerelease of iOS 9 right after the keynote in June. That is more than 3 month ago!
Waiting for the public release to address any issues is just lazy and - for such a big company with so many customers – quite irresponsible.
2015-9-20
Use props
bruce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65916168 ft
  • >>>
United States

What are the issues DjI? Please explain?
2015-9-21
Use props
mjgriep
New

Netherlands

Hello DJI-Tim

As you mention that there are minor compatibility issues with iOS9 resulting in some instability. The question is; Does DJI take its full responsibility in the case any damage occurs?
In aviation it is not uncommon that Manufacturer inform Owners to ground an aircraft in the case of “minor compatibility issues” “some instability” or found in hard- or software. Some of DJI users are licensed pilots who operate under serious conditions.

Please inform what to do!
2015-9-21
Use props
richardhuison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54455 ft

United Kingdom

DJI, You are a serious company, making basic errors. You are not making cheap knock offs...........Sort it out
2015-9-21
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

So instead of making new features they run after IOS.............
2015-9-21
Use props
Flyhigh7887
lvl.4

Sweden

Hi Tim.

Could you please specify the "compatibility issues" that DJI has noted?

This is very important information for us to have.

Thanks in advance for your help!
2015-9-21
Use props
jebryant10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56112 ft
United States

I use an iPaid Air 2 with iOS9 and have 4 flights with no problums.
2015-9-21
Use props
fredz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6322290 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

no problems here
2015-9-21
Use props
morgenmicha
lvl.1
Flight distance : 454511 ft
Germany

Your support told me the iOS9 issues are only on not-english Versions of DJI GO App?!?!?!?!
2015-9-21
Use props
Roger2palmer
New

United Kingdom

jebryant10@att. Posted at 2015-9-21 12:57
I use an iPaid Air 2 with iOS9 and have 4 flights with no problums.

Like you I have an iPad Air 2 with IOS 9 and did 4 flights over the weekend following the firmware upgrade and no flight problems. I did notice after it was highlighted on facebook that when replaying the flight record the red triangle only faces the direction of flight and not actually following the flight path. I have only flown to a max altitude of 277 feet and distance about 500 feet; no problems with the video feed at these distances although I would be horrified if there were! The longest flight distances was in excess of 9500 feet. The point of interest function worked a treat.
2015-9-21
Use props
Roger2palmer
New

United Kingdom

morgenmicha Posted at 2015-9-21 13:29
Your support told me the iOS9 issues are only on not-english Versions of DJI GO App?!?!?!?!

Not true my friend!
2015-9-21
Use props
motia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14452 ft
United States

What about the compatibility issues of DJI VISION 1.0.52 for Phantom 2 vision? No body talk about that? When are you going to release new version there? Many users lost thei video feeds and the app is crashing in graound station mode...
2015-9-21
Use props
t.katz
lvl.1

United States

Please make sure you're using Xcode from the App Store and not a downloaded copy!
2015-9-21
Use props
venomx15301
lvl.4

United States

Machoman Posted at 2015-9-21 07:54
So instead of making new features they run after IOS.............

iOS is the best OS out there. So of course they will fix it before the others.
2015-9-21
Use props
Calvette
Second Officer
Flight distance : 103222 ft
United States

I'll be testing with the new iPhone on Friday to see if I still get the lagging video with the faster processor.  
2015-9-21
Use props
apsphoto
lvl.3

United States

When the update to the GO app is released I sure hope it has the new extra gimbal control settings that the Android version has, please include that in the update.

Alan
2015-9-21
Use props
SimplePanda
First Officer
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

venomx15301 Posted at 2015-9-21 10:18

Well that's more of a religious debate but the fact does remain that most DJI customers are probably on iOS.

... and as an app developer I can tell you that Android still remains a moving target at the best. Google has aggressively tried to work on this issue, but it's still very much the case that Android isn't Android due to OS fragmentation and an unreliable upgrade path from vendors.

Case in point - numbers today say that iOS 9 is now on HALF of all iOS devices connecting to the Apple Store. Android is just barely over 20% for 5.0+ and v5.0 was GM'd almost a year ago.

https://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html

This is why most developers STILL release for iOS first - you can generally be assured that if it works in iOS Simulator and works on some test devices it's probably going to work in the wild for most users. Android isn't nearly as straightforward to QA for release. This is why DJI lists specific Android devices for use and not just "Android v4.x or higher" or whatever their API Level target requires.

2015-9-21
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
Second Officer
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DreamingWatchma Posted at 2015-9-21 03:48
Like any other developer DJI had a chance to get a prerelease of iOS 9 right after the keynote in Ju ...

Shots fired!
2015-9-21
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

venomx15301 Posted at 2015-9-21 16:18

I was not speaking of other OS.

I was speaking they should use the time to make NEW FEATURES and should have done all OS fixes before release already.
2015-9-21
Use props
CFM01
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I tested a brand spanking new iPad mini 4 today - Ok, this test was at a low attitude and only down the garden of about 10 meters but no problems.

Video was fine, video feed was fine, just to be safe through I not go on long distance flights until we know it's fully fixed.

"done all OS fixes before release"

I'm not sure they would have time, or even apple released the OS to developers, weeks before its release.

I have a lot of music software and it always takes a couple of weeks after release for apps to be updated.
2015-9-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

My Phantom 3 Pro' is Still running clear and clean here.
Just like after all the previous updates to firmware and the Awesome improved Go App?
I have noted, as others mentioned, that the red Arrow  does not follow the flight path on the map as it used to. Seems to get hung up.
Now we only see the line being drawn into the map, the arrow pointer only designates direction of forward travel, but remains rather static.
I had cached my flight map before traveling to my destination, but upon turning on the system, found my map to be a green screen with red circles?
Funny, when I returned home, with wifi in the house, the flight area map was back. Yes, but when clicking to camera view and back to map, it had now switched back to my current home map location?
These minor quirks do not affect flight characteristics, but it can be a little alarming, realizing, you have no map to follow, in case of an unexpected fall, out...
I know a fix is IN THE WORKS, coming, as @DJI has already promised, and I can wait, until they get it right, again. ;-)
And I also know that they will get it fixed, only give them a little time, to surgically remove the cancerous tumor. Hahaha

By the way, I find most of the derogatory and insultive manor that some members have resorted to above, is rather childish~immature and uncalled for.
There are probably millions of Phantom Pilots, but only a few hundred with an issue that requires re-examination and some prolonged antibiotics.
If you truly feel that DJI has gone out of their way, to ruin your fun, please sell your investment and move on.
Because the negatory attitude and gruff demeanor aren't accomplishing the goals you require to achieve happiness.
You make yourselves sound uneducated and down right ignorant.
If you can afford to play here, please play along, or kindly join another team. Thank you.

Now, I have a bird that needs to free her wings, and sail some more... Hehe

RedHotPoker
2015-9-21
Use props
gateway
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1873806 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hmm, not sure if its related to iOS9 but did some flights this weekend and 90% of the flight time I had no video signal.. and I was on the top of a mountain with no interference anywhere to bee seen.
2015-9-21
Use props
aopisa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

Just plain embarrassing.

Well, I have a new P3A and an iPad mini 4 cellular with IOS 9 on the way. So your advice for me to not upgrade or to downgrade is not valid.

This is either a case of DJI not testing thoroughly enough during beta releases of IOS 9 or knowing that there were problems and hoping for the best after releasing it into the wild. You pick which one is worse.

Very disappointing, but not surprising or unexpected from DJI.
2015-9-21
Use props
classicalle
First Officer
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'd like to know what is exactly not compatible with the DJI GO app and the new iOS.
2015-9-21
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12372 ft
United States

There are several apps on my phone that (iphone 6) seem buggy with the new OS.  Don't think it's all DJI.
2015-9-21
Use props
gateway
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1873806 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe you guys should send out an email to your customers and warning them.. granted might be to late since iOS9 adoption is quite high
2015-9-21
Use props
knarfboy
First Officer
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI need to check this issue too:

http://forums.macrumors.com/thre ... 8784/#post-21896151
2015-9-21
Use props
aopisa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

AegisFC Posted at 2015-9-21 16:09
There are several apps on my phone that (iphone 6) seem buggy with the new OS.  Don't think it's all ...

That is generally the case with a major OS update.

But there is a difference between a glitch in Candy Crush and a $1,000 plus aircraft experiencing difficulities at hundreds of feet in the air and a thousand feet away from you.
2015-9-21
Use props
apocnz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106588 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have never downgraded my iPad so quickly, haha.

I'll stick with 8.4 for now...  tried 9, got horrible video. (Ipad Air)

2015-9-21
Use props
Joe Blow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 417149 ft

Colombia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-9-21 13:57
My Phantom 3 Pro' is Still running clear and clean here.
Just like after all the previous updates t ...

I like to follow your posts RedHotPoker, but this one is a little harsh on some of the members.  This is a forum and everyone has an opinion just like you and I. I'm sure you know what happens when everyone thinks and responds the same way........Nothing happens, absolutely nothing, i.e., no positive changes.

I use a iPad Mini 2 that I have not upgraded to ios9 nor do I intend to until this is all worked out.
2015-9-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

It's like mirroring... I am not going to mince my words, when some unthinking folks have basically told DJI to go F-Off?
Yes, we are all here together, yet some have ongoing Phantom issues, while many of us, most in fact, do not have them.

If my words are too harsh, then I apologize.
Think about the facts,,,  There is no difference to my own feelings, having a company I love and appreciate, get insulted on their own forum pages. by folks who I already admire and respect, that hurts me too.
And as well, many others, who come here for help, and they get to read multiple insults towards DJI, after plenty of derogatory statements with rudeness have already been spoken. Enough already.

I want to respect everyone in this forum, after all, we are very much alike. But acting like school ground bullies, is wrong. So I motion that the negative stops.
The new App and firmware are already being put together, it is written. Hang on to your Drone...

RedHotPoker
2015-9-21
Use props
edlovrien.msn
lvl.1
United States

Not good, but saw a post the other day where one of your people were telling people it wasn't a problem and they should update.  Glad I held off.
2015-9-21
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

No problems 10 flights. Several over water. POI feature. Perfect
2015-9-21
Use props
rogerkapsalis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1340610 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are also problems with iPad GroundStation and Naza Assistant on the iPhone. Seems to be a bluetooth connectivity issue.
2015-9-21
Use props
t.katz
lvl.1

United States

iPhone 6 and definite issues.  Video kept going black and flickering in and out.  POI worked once, then I couldn't get it to work again without restarting the app.  App also crashed a number of times.  Was flying perfectly the week before on ios8.  Back on 8 for now until the issues are sorted.
2015-9-21
Use props
ezfly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885043 ft
Slovenia

i have no issues running iOS 9 and latest DJI GO App ...
2015-9-21
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.4
Ireland

Thank You DJI. Good advice. I found ios 9 a huge step backwards with loss of signal, picture freeze and break up.  Downgrading to ios 8.4.1 returned a 100% stable system.
2015-9-21
Use props
m.friedl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
Austria

The Question is - are all or which IOS-Devives are effected ?

Mike
2015-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules