EDIT-4: DJI Dave and Others-Read if experiencing Video Signal Loss!
12Next >
4485 59 2015-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

EDIT: Positive Progress Report (Read my last post in this thread)

EDIT: I got it working again! (Read my last post in this thread)

EDIT: Still nothing.

EDIT: Nothing from you guys on this one either:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-16777-1-1.html

I'm trying to solve a problem without sending my bird in. Saves you guys time and money. I'm not complaining about DJI or the bird, just looking for some possible solutions. Give me something and I'll try it. I've got two birds (P2 and P3), 8 batteries, 3 controllers, 2 hard cases. I've invested a great deal of TIME and MONEY in DJI. I've also got 4 pads and 2 phones just for flying my birds. IOS and Android. Can you just give me something? Anything? I'll spend every hour I need to in an attempt to solve this problem.

Guys,

Is anyone looking into this "signal loss" issue after updating to 1.4.1? I've had to back down to 1.3.2 just to be able to fly with a video link. I've been working on this issue for 4 days now and have exhausted all the things I can think may be an issue. There are many threads regarding this spewed throughout this forum:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-30920-1-1.html

http://forum.dji.com/thread-31201-1-1.html

http://forum.dji.com/thread-31550-1-2.html

http://forum.dji.com/thread-24016-1-2.html

http://forum.dji.com/thread-31799-1-2.html

http://forum.dji.com/thread-18942-1-2.html

http://forum.dji.com/thread-18942-1-2.html

Would really like to hear anything from you guys regarding this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Jerry
2015-9-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Currently HQ China is working on a new update. Therefore I would like to kindly ask you to have a little patience until it is released.

In the mentime you could try some of these trouble shooting tips.
Have you checked the ribbon connector from your gimble to your bird it could be loose.
Power cycle everything, controller, Phantom, phone/tablet
Try leaving the P3 and RC turned on unplug the usb shut down the app replug Usb and restart app.
Try uninstalling the App and reinstalling it.
Try downgrading the firmware.
Try to rebind the p3 to the controller. You push a button on the gimbal with a paper clip and then in the pilot app settings select "linking rc" after pushing the button on the P3. That should re sync it.
if you stop all background activities of your tablets (i cloud... search for my device...etc) you free up calc capacity of the tablet processor.
for some this defenitely worked.
Dave

2015-9-22
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-23 02:51
Currently HQ China is working on a new update. Therefore I would like to kindly ask you to have a li ...

Dave,

I do appreciate your note, however, you must not have read all of my posts. I know that you're just trying to help but had you read my posts you would have seen that I've done the things you've mentioned dozens of times. The good news, and all I was after in the first place is that you've acknowledged that a problem does indeed exist and that it is being worked on. That's good enough for me. The lack of acknowledgement and communication about the issue was the thorn in my paw. Thanks for the info, I'll work around it for now. I hope they are really working on it as I'm certain some birds (have been and) will be lost due to this issue.

Thanks again,

Jerry
2015-9-23
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-9-23 06:37
Dave,

I do appreciate your note, however, you must not have read all of my posts. I know that you ...

Thanks for understanding Jerry. I did read some of your post but not all. It was about 1 AM when I first came across the threads and post about this issue.
I was very tired. I sincerely hope this issue gets resolved quickly for everybody involved.

Dave
2015-9-23
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-23 09:56
Thanks for understanding Jerry. I did read some of your post but not all. It was about 1 AM when I ...

Thanks much for your help Dave. I really do appreciate having you here. I'll hang in there, no biggie. Providing some feedback was all I was looking for in the first place.

Jerry
2015-9-23
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Thanks for understanding Jerry. I did read some of your post but not all. It was about 1 AM when I ...

I know how long it takes me to read and catch up after a days work away from this forum.  There are many more of us, than there are of them.  As Dave says, they are aware of the issue, and I believe they have been aware of it almost since the beginning if I remember reading correctly around the 8th of this month.  I'm no software editor, I'm just a regular "Joe Blow" so I have no idea how long something like this will take.  To make it worth their time, and ours, I'm sure they are working on several things for the next update, and not just this one issue.  Imagine how many updates they would have out if they did one update per "issue" that always came up! lol FW: 1999.88383.388383333 I work in a customer service driven industry so as long as we continue to see these guys hop on here, acknowledge what we have to say as best they can, when they can, I see it as they are doing everything they can.  
2015-9-23
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

Dave,

Just a heads up. I loaded the new developers firmware this AM (1.5.11) and it didn't solve my "signal loss" video issue.

Jerry
2015-9-28
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-9-28 07:48
Dave,

Just a heads up. I loaded the new developers firmware this AM (1.5.11) and it didn't solve  ...

Ok, thanks for the update.
2015-9-28
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-28 17:51
Ok, thanks for the update.

Dave,

Anything new on the video signal loss issue? I'm not complaining, just trying to find out if it's still on the burner. I can't really fly my bird safely until this issue gets corrected. Fortunately, my P2 is still screaming and the Solo is getting some air time as well!

Jerry
2015-10-2
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-10-2 20:33
Dave,

Anything new on the video signal loss issue? I'm not complaining, just trying to find out i ...

I wish I had good news for you Jerry, unfortunately I have no news.

All I have been told is they are working on it.

On Monday I will make some calls and e-mails and try poking around again for you.

Dave
2015-10-2
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-2 23:44
I wish I had good news for you Jerry, unfortunately I have no news.

All I have been told is they ...

Dave,

Thanks for the reply. Any poking around you could do would be greatly appreciated! Lot's of new things to do with my P3 and I'm anxious to try some of them out. Have a great weekend!

Jerry
2015-10-3
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

For what it is worth Dave is trying to be of help. I understand your frustration. Unfortunately you need to take a break and let the Engineers work things out.
I have a new P3 Pro that I have not flown yet due to the issue at hand. I am going to wait it out. I went through the update process, then read some Posts about the distance issue which in my simple little mid probably has something to do with the "Beginner Mode" as that mode limits distance and height.

In any event mine is sitting waiting for the next update. I would rather do that than have it wave bye bye to me and head off to never never land.

I have a couple of other DJI Quads and if I want to fly, which I don't at the moment due to constant rain in my area.

Let's wait it out, they will fix it.
2015-10-3
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

rodger Posted at 2015-10-3 07:45
For what it is worth Dave is trying to be of help. I understand your frustration. Unfortunately you  ...

Rodger,

Thanks much for your input. Dave has been very helpful to me. I am extremely familiar with the  P3 and P2. Beginner mode was something that I never saw the need to engage. I have hundreds of hours flying, updating and maintaining my birds.  I will keep your commentary under advisement.

Jerry
2015-10-3
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1609482 ft
Greece

Hi Jerry,
I was also trying everything for 3 months now,  but this NO SIGNAL was always there.
I remember the instant happiness when i thought it was solved when the craft was perfect , and the frustration when it came back after some clean flights !!!
It started in June after 1.2 firmware. I was waiting for 1.3, then hoping the new 1.4 will fix it, but nothing. It just got worst !!!
Well, since my warranty is valid till end of October, i decided to send it in. Its on its way, and i hope maybe a change of camera will fix it.
I also noticed some brightness flickering, like an instant change of brightness in some dark areas in my shots. Not very bad but an experts eye can notice it...
and some jittering especially on pan movements. i see it in many p3p videos. Maybe its the camera's processor or something.  

Anyway, i hope it turns out fine and you have a perfect craft soon !!!

Elias

2015-10-3
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-10-3 09:46
Rodger,

Thanks much for your input. Dave has been very helpful to me. I am extremely familiar wit ...

Not a problem and Dave is OK, don't tell him I said so though. I have plenty of hours also and do not have a need for the beginner mode but there are people just starting out and it is useful to them and I am sure that is what DJI had in mind when they put it in the Program. I am just thinking out loud that it would make sense that the program may not be divorcing itself entirely from beginner mode and that is what is impeding on the distance and height. Just a thought and I could be all wet in my thoughts.
2015-10-3
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-10-3 04:03
Dave,

Thanks for the reply. Any poking around you could do would be greatly appreciated! Lot's of ...

Hi Jerry,
I did not get any new news when I was on my call. I am waiting for a reply to my e-mail that I sent today.

If you have not already you could send off an e-mail also.
Try e-mailing  support@dji.com

Dave
2015-10-5
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

rodger Posted at 2015-10-3 09:57
Not a problem and Dave is OK, don't tell him I said so though. I have plenty of hours also and do  ...

Thanks! I promise not to let it go to my head.
2015-10-5
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Having the same problems as ( apparently ) a lot of people,  I also have tried all the recommended fixes.  However,  I have spent a good bit of time leaving things as they are and just observing different conditions.  I had a couple of hard landings early on.  At the time,  they seemed not to affect the P3.  Then suddenly,  wham.  No signal,  no video,  P3 enters rth mode.  So I let it get close enough to get a signal back,  ( but no video)  then try to climb.  The bird climbs,  stops.  Stick up again,  same thing.  So I left the stick up.  The P3 started to climb and stop intermittently.  Exactly like a lose connection aggravated by the vibration of the quad.  Somewhere.  Back on the ground,  3 feet from P3,  still no video,  but it will record and take pics.  So,  storage to sd card works fine.  Then I pull up the map.  Well, well.  No map image either.  Just a white screen,  or a white screen with a grid in night mode overlay.  I had Safe to Fly status,  so good signal ( from 3 feet away) on the controller.
Been an rf tech for about 30 years.  About 75 percent of all my repairs were cold solder joints or bad caps. So based on my experience and what I observed with this quad,  that is what I think it is.  Or bad/poor connections in wire harness or connectors.  A couple jolts of hard landing could easily bring a poor connection to the front of the problem list.  In any event,  I will tear down and isolate the issue if I am able. I am willing to bet I discover 1 at least or more,  most likely, cold solder joints and a bad crimp or 2.
2015-10-5
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2015-10-5 19:41
Having the same problems as ( apparently ) a lot of people,  I also have tried all the recommended f ...

Please keep us informed on what you find as you do your tear down.

Thanks.
2015-10-5
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

Hope you give him a free bird for his proprietary information.
2015-10-6
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

Kneepuck Posted at 2015-10-6 13:41
Having the same problems as ( apparently ) a lot of people,  I also have tried all the recommended f ...

Nice one. I don't have any problems with mine luckily, but I'd like to keep it that way.
Thanks heaps for taking the time to let the rest of us know.
2015-10-6
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-5 21:21
Thanks! I promise not to let it go to my head.

I'll make note of that
Great article on DJI and the Inspire in Videomaker Magazine.
Also Great article in Rotor Drone on the Phantom.
2015-10-6
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-5 20:39
Please keep us informed on what you find as you do your tear down.

Thanks.

Ok took apart the P3s and much to my surprise,  it looked really good in there. No obvious cold solder joints,  the few harness connectors there were looked fine as well.  Strangely though,  on re-assembly I now have video feed.  Still get out of range and auto rth,  and still no image on the map view, but the vid never faded a bit.  Still feels and acts like some kind of intermittent to me.  Wish I had more info on the hardware.
2015-10-7
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2015-10-7 19:32
Ok took apart the P3s and much to my surprise,  it looked really good in there. No obvious cold so ...

Knee,

Yeah, it's something strange. I've been trying to isolate the problem in flight. Start bird up, get video feed, signal strength for both controller and video full bars, accelerate and lift off, lose video and get red signal loss header but video signal strength still full. Bring the bird back down, almost when the bird touches the ground, video is back. Take off, lose signal, fly around for awhile signal is out 90% of the time but video signal strength is still full. I'm out in the boonies so I have no interference issues. Never had a hard landing or any issues with this bird at all. I know very little about electronics but I'd have to guess that something got crossed up in the latest firmware. I've read some other posts saying that they went back to 1.3.2 and they don't have the issue. I still have the issue when I go back to 1.3.2. I've popped between every version I can, including the developers versions and I still get the issue. Sure hope somebody figures it out soon, I'm at a total loss.

Jerry
2015-10-7
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2015-10-7 17:32
Ok took apart the P3s and much to my surprise,  it looked really good in there. No obvious cold so ...

Ok, thank you for the update.
2015-10-7
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Ok, thank you for the update.
2015-10-7
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

OK, thank you for the update.
2015-10-7
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-10-7 20:35
Knee,

Yeah, it's something strange. I've been trying to isolate the problem in flight. Start bird ...

Someone posted about unusually high solar activity.  That could certainly explain all the recent issues.  
2015-10-8
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2015-10-8 06:07
Someone posted about unusually high solar activity.  That could certainly explain all the recent i ...

No, it's not a solar issue in my case. Mine has been like this since the update to 1.4.1. Flew perfectly prior to doing that update.

Jerry
2015-10-8
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-8 00:13
OK, thank you for the update.

Dave,

Hey, I know you suggested that I email support and that you haven't heard of any answers to this problem. Can you at least try to find out if this is a hardware issue or if it actually has something to do with the firmware? I'm seeing many more posts about this issue showing up over the past few days. It's obviously becoming a bigger issue. At this point my P3Pro is unusable. I really don't know if I'm up for the hassle of trying to return it. I just want to find out whether it's going to get resolved or whether I'm bailing as a DJI customer. Obviously, DJI must have guys lining up to put $5,000, $6,000, $10,000 into DJI products and accessories.

Dave, up to this point you've been pretty straight with me. Would you please point me in the right direction on this one?

Thank you,

Jerry
2015-10-8
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-10-8 18:08
Dave,

Hey, I know you suggested that I email support and that you haven't heard of any answers to ...

I will talk to my boss about it. At this point I have no solid info on the cause.

Dave
2015-10-8
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-8 20:21
I will talk to my boss about it. At this point I have no solid info on the cause.

Dave

Dave,

I have written and sent an email to DJI support as you indicated I should. They acknowledged receipt and informed me that I should contact us.support@dji.com. I have done that as well. As a loyal and heavily invested DJI customer, I hope someone addresses this quickly. You should know by now that I am quite familiar with DJI products and am more than willing to do whatever I can to correct these issues myself if provided a means by which to do so. Many of the posts regarding this issue are from customers that are not as familiar as I may be regarding the technical aspects of these products. In my opinion, to have them continually posting here with this issue and not providing them with some sort of acknowledgement and solution is not within the scope of good and ethical business practices. I hope you can find out something from your boss. Here are the only questions that I would like answered at this point:

1. Are people at DJI actively working to resolve the video signal loss issue?

2. If so, what is an estimated time frame that we can expect to see some sort of attempted resolution?

3. Is this a firmware, software, or hardware issue?

4. Can it be resolved in the field or does the customer have to return the unit to DJI?

It should not take much effort to get answers to those particular questions. I am asking the questions on this forum because I believe that there are a great number of DJI customers awaiting a similar response.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Jerry
2015-10-8
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-8 20:21

Dave

Dave and Others,

Okay, I’ve got some very interesting news today. Hopefully, this will help others and help DJI figure out what is happening here. I received an email from DJI support this morning while I was already in the middle of attempting to rectify this bewildering problem. DJI support is requesting that I return my bird for repair.

So, let’s start with the exact problem. After updating to 1.3.2 and then to 1.4.1 from developer’s version 1.1.1003 I immediately started experiencing a serious “video loss” issue. I could be two feet from the bird or hundreds of feet but the video signal would continually go out even though the signal strength showed full signal. The more I flew the bird the worse it got. I started to see some other posts describing similar issues but it seemed somewhat sporadic at the time. I started trying to isolate the problem. I primarily use an Nvidia Shield with my P3Pro but also use a Samsung Tab 4 and an iPad Mini. I use two apps, DJI Go and Litchi. I started looking for the obvious, switched out cables, reinstalled apps. Nothing would solve the issue. I then decided to go back and just use my iPad Mini with just the DJI Go app. Same effect, tried cables, apps, calibrations, anything I could come up with, anything others had attempted. I also tried the Tab 4 with the same results.

Unable to resolve the issue, I decided to downgrade. Went back to 1.3.2. Didn’t do any good. Read about the channel hack and tried that with no relief. Tried to go back to the developers version but was unable to do so. Started posting here looking for some info from DJI but wasn’t getting anywhere although DJI-Dave was listening and was trying to find some answers. Kudo’s to DJI-Dave for even trying. I very much appreciate his responses and concerns even though he wasn’t telling me what I wanted to hear. Hearing something, even if it’s not something you want to hear is better that hearing nothing at all in my book.
Went back up to 1.4.1, tried to get any other version that I could to load on the bird. Absolutely nothing would resolve this issue. Finally, a new developers version (1.5.0011) showed up. The day it posted I loaded it on my bird with great hope that it may resolve my issue. Nada! Started really getting fired up and wrote a few of the recent posts in this thread.

This morning I decided to give it one last go. Remember, I have three different FPV devices. The iPad Mini I use daily for emails, web surfing, other apps. The Nvidia Shield and the Tab 4 are only used for my P3Pro and my P2V+. I decided to take my Nvidia Shield and do a full factory reset, erase everything. I then went on to the DJI site and downloaded a fresh copy of firmware version 1.4.1 and the DJI Go app. I first tried to downgrade my firmware to 3.2.1 but it wouldn’t go because I had already loaded developers version (1.5.0011). I figured I’d try the fresh 1.4.1 again but it wouldn’t do that either because the bird was already on that version. I loaded developers version 1.5.0011 again and then downgraded to the fresh 1.4.1 that I downloaded this morning.

I went to my Nvidia shield, entered my network password and my email, that’s it! I used Google chrome to go directly to the DJI site and downloaded the Android APK file. I did not install any other apps or do any other updates. I now have a fresh new Shield with only the DJI Go app installed on it and a fresh install of 1.4.1 on my bird. Took it out and started testing it. At first I got a few signal loss messages when very close to the bird. I am so frustrated at this point and I have a clear LOS for better than two miles, so I decided to take it up and out. As I get out 50’ or so I’m not getting the signal loss error anymore. My live feed is solid. I run it out further, faster and in all directions. I get a few very quick signal loss messages. I think maybe 3-4 very quick ones on that flight. It wasn’t a completely full battery so I swapped batteries with a fully charged one and fired up again. No signal loss errors. I walk down to the end of my driveway, put the bird up to 98’ and run it straight down my gravel road to 4,600’ before I start to lose signal.

I ran 4 batteries through the bird this afternoon and had a few very quick and minor signal losses. 98% of the time, I had a good, live, feed with no lag! Obviously, I’m not this quick to say that I have solved this issue but at this point it appears to be working as good as it did the first day I got it.
I felt it was imperative to share this information with others experiencing this problem and with DJI in hopes that they can solve it. Because I am using both Android and IOS devices and the problem existed in both it has to be something that both OS’s share. I have not done any further testing with my iPad or my Tab 4 and if my Shield continues to operate properly, I probably won’t as I don’t want to screw anything up.

I will continue to share further testing with my Shield on this thread. I didn’t do a very good job writing this because I am so excited about being able to fly my P3Pro again but I really wanted to get this info out to any of you that may be experiencing the same issue and to DJI so that they can take a closer look at this particular scenario.

Dave, thanks for trying to help. Please continue to do so and share this info with your peers. Please continue to look into this and share any info you get with the rest of us. This is still a serious problem for many but there may be some useful information here to start finding the culprit and the solution.

Jerry
2015-10-9
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1609482 ft
Greece

Hi Jerry.

Hi, i had the no signal and video loss issue after firmware 1.2.6 on June. I tried everything like you and i had sometimes perfect flights. lets say my flights about a week may went fine, and then no signal came back again.
I remember nights like that i was so happy to have it fixed as i believed, and my frustration some days later when i came back.
For example, one day i disabled recording on my device, all the flights were perfect. So happy to have finnaly found the solution, i called afriend to share it. Well, it lasted two days only.
The last week os September it was getting worst, and since i only have warranty till end of October, i sent it to Germany for repair.
I am happy its already in repair status and waiting.

Although i think dji knows the issue, maybe it is caused by various reasons and may be different from one unit to another. After discussing around forums i believe the most common reason is the camera, and usually it is changed.
Maybe there are other reasons too, for the video loss, cables, software or even deffective lightbridge.

Having this issue so much time now, i will only be confident that my unit is fixed after 3-4 weeks of flying, and i would stick to the firmware that works.
If my craft comes back and working like when i got it in May, i am thinking of never reconnecting to internet on my ipad mini 2 cellular for ios and dji updates.

I do build and fly rc helis for 10 years now, i know its not a perfect world. I decided to fly and  i like the dji platforms, i try to be calm and solve every problem comes in way and i will try everything before i look somewhere else for my aerial videography.

I wish your problems are solved Jerry,  and eventually you wont have to sent it in for repair.

Roi
2015-10-9
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

Phantom_Film Posted at 2015-10-9 19:16
Hi Jerry.

Hi, i had the no signal and video loss issue after firmware 1.2.6 on June. I tried everyt ...

Thanks Roi. Yes, I'm only 4 batteries in at this point! Who knows what might happen tomorrow. This is the first time I've been able to fly this thing with FPV in a month. I'm probably overly excited at this point. I won't get my hopes up too much just yet. I'll fly the heck out of it the next few weeks and we'll see what happens. It sure was nice today!

Jerry
2015-10-9
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-10-8 18:44
Dave,

I have written and sent an email to DJI support as you indicated I should. They acknowledge ...

Hi Jerry,

Answers to your questions.

1. Yes they are working on it. I am not sure to what extent though. I have been told that this problem is not widespread compared to the number of Phantoms we have out there.

2. DJI never gives time frames for firmware or software fixes. I also do not like to give time frames myself personally. For firmware or products!  One of our other forum support guys on a different forum made a claim on when a new propulsion system was coming out. He was wrong by several months, and had users asking him and reminding him of what he had said all the time. It was a mess.  DJI had told him a date, but he was the one that looked bad on the forum because he was the one that made the promise.
I decided right then and there, that even if I have a date I will not share it. There is too great of a chance of being wrong about the date because of unforeseen things that I have no control over.

3.The engineer I talked to was vage. He did not want to say. He basically said it could be any of the reasons  you listed. DJI can be tight with info sometimes. Sorry but that is the way it is and I do not see it changing anytime soon.

4.In some cases guys are fixing it in the field but most need to send it in. He said you should send it in.

Dave
2015-10-9
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-10-9 16:05
Dave and Others,

Okay, I’ve got some very interesting news today. Hopefully, this will help othe ...

Very very happy to hear it!

Dave
2015-10-9
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-10-9 17:38
Thanks Roi. Yes, I'm only 4 batteries in at this point! Who knows what might happen tomorrow. This ...

I really hope it says good for you.

Dave
2015-10-9
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-10-9 19:45
Hi Jerry,

Answers to your questions.

Dave,

Obviously, not what I wanted to hear but at least you're trying. Personally, I think this is beginning to effect more users everyday. I pour through these posts and there are a lot more showing up regarding this issue. I do think your answers were a bit vague as well. In summary per your answers: Yes there is a problem, they are aware of it, it's not affecting a great deal of users, don't know when they'll get around to it and won't say whether it's hardware, firmware, software or a combination of things. So send it in and see what happens!

Not very helpful information. I wasn't looking for a date. If you had said the next few weeks or months, I might be willing to gut it out. Say a year or never and I'll cut my losses and look for the next best thing. If you had said, it's the camera or the camera board, I might have bought a camera or a camera board from you guys and tried to rectify it myself. At this point I guess what you're saying is send it in and hopefully it'll work when you get it back. Just keep gambling.

I love this P3 when it's working. It was pure joy flying it today but I don't know how much more gambling I can keep doing when I can't even get answers to legitimate questions from the vendor that I'm so heavily invested in.

I do very much appreciate your personal attempts to communicate with me regarding this matter. In my opinion, DJI as a company should be doing a great deal more to effectively communicate with the very customers that have put them on the map.

Jerry
2015-10-9
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-10-9 18:34
Dave,

Obviously, not what I wanted to hear but at least you're trying. Personally, I think this i ...

I understand, I wish I had more for you.

Only thing I disagree with you on is the date thing.

What if I said it will be in about 3 weeks. Then you wait 3 weeks and it does not happen. Then you get upset and ask again, and I say, just 1 more month. Then you wait for 1 more month and it does not happen. Each time you keep getting more and more upset. I have seen it happen and it is not good. We have had a support guy say something was comming out in a coupple of weeks and it took 10 months.
Unless I am doing the job myself and I know for sure the date, I will not give a date. As I said, I have no control over when things happen with any of this stuff.  
Also why should I give just you the date on this little thread. That would not be fair to all the guys that do not have time for these forums. When a date is given it is given by DJI it is  on the DJI website. Not in some obscure thread for just a few guys. I am also bound by an NDA, I am not allowed to give dates for anything. It is not my job.  I have other reasons as well but it is not needed to go into all of them with you. I would not want this to feel argumentative, you know me enough to know I am not like that.
I will just say I do feel strongly about this release date issue. You will never see me give a date or even an approximate date.

Dave
2015-10-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules