Intelligent battery fully charged but not powering up my P3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpookyDonkey
lvl.1

United States

I have a battery that probably has 7-8 charges on it that just won't power up my P3 anymore. It shows a full charge, but when I power the battery up the P3 doesn't activate. No gimbal calibration, no 4-tone startup sound...no anything. The battery LEDs stay lit, all four of them, but the drone is not activating. When I put my other battery in the drone it activates fine. Has anybody else run into this?
2015-9-26
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

What does battery life test say?  Hold down the battery power button (from off) for 5 seconds.
2015-9-26
Use props
SpookyDonkey
lvl.1

United States

ag0n Posted at 2015-9-26 17:38
What does battery life test say?  Hold down the battery power button (from off) for 5 seconds.

When I hold the battery power button down for 5 seconds when off, I get 4 steady green LEDs and the red power LED blinks. I don't know how to interpret this.
2015-9-26
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

It's in the book.  That means your battery has 90-100% of its life left.  Page 19.
2015-9-27
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for the obvious, but examine the battery itself. Ensure nothing has found its way into either of the main connector sockets. Also ensure nothing is blocking the four pins that make contact with the small gold connectors below the main connector sockets. I believe you said that the battery does charge.

Also, is there any chance that this one battery has not been firmware updated post 1.4.10 firmware? Wouldn't hurt to put the bin file back on the SD Card and see if it's v1.7.0.0 ...
2015-9-27
Use props
SpookyDonkey
lvl.1

United States

terrylewis Posted at 2015-9-27 20:45
Sorry for the obvious, but examine the battery itself. Ensure nothing has found its way into either  ...

All good leads, but alas none were problematic. The contacts are clear and both batteries got updated on August 10th. Thanks for the suggestions!
2015-9-27
Use props
SpookyDonkey
lvl.1

United States

I got an RMA on the battery. Looks like I'll need to order another battery for coverage so I'm not relegated to one battery for the next 3-4 weeks. Well played, DJI.
2015-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules