Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Standard Camera Removal Question
12Next >
34375 41 2015-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonbryant16
New

United States

I am trying to remove the camera / gimbal from my phantom 3 standard so that I can replace a cracked camera vibration absorbing board. The camera has three wires going to it, a single black one, a single grey one, and a bunch of grey ones. Does anyone know how to remove the single black and single grey ones, they do not have the standard connector on them and I do not want to break anything on the camera / gimbal. They are connected in the top right and bottom left part of the picture below.

2015-9-30
Use props
kary.cameron.gm
New

United States

Don't remove it DJI informs you not to do this and I will tell you from 1st hand experience its a headache
2015-10-2
Use props
john.giggity.la
lvl.1

United States

kary.cameron.gm Posted at 2015-10-2 23:41
Don't remove it DJI informs you not to do this and I will tell you from 1st hand experience its a he ...

Mine broke off during a flight. I need to know which post does the grey wire go on and which post does the black wire go on thank you
2015-11-14
Use props
mohamed.saad.ha
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

Hi All,
I have the same issue here,
I crashed my camera and I ordered new one, it's coming on the way but I don't know how to remove the 2 wires black and grey.
Please I need your help here
2015-11-30
Use props
GQ.
Second Officer

Canada

john.giggity.la Posted at 2015-11-14 15:15
Mine broke off during a flight. I need to know which post does the grey wire go on and which post  ...

Take a look at this video.

2015-11-30
Use props
mohamed.saad.ha
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

This is for Adv./Prof. but standard has different setup .
It has one connector, a single black one and a single grey one
we are asking about the 2 single wires.
2015-11-30
Use props
john.giggity.la
lvl.1

Canada

GQ. Posted at 2015-11-30 07:06
Take a look at this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYHDLi8XGWs

Thank you but the wiring setup is different for the standard. I did find out which goes to which post and will reply with the solution I had. Thank you for posting this.

JTL
2015-12-6
Use props
john.giggity.la
lvl.1

United States

mohamed.saad.ha Posted at 2015-11-30 08:17
This is for Adv./Prof. but standard has different setup .
It has one connector, a single black one a ...

I thought I would get notified when someone replied to my post. At any rate, the Standard (if you have one), you will know it's hard to find information on them. Mine has almost turned into a toy and I am saving up to get an advanced. The technology on the standard is nice for hobbyist but I would eventually like to use it for other purposes.

At any rate, I made this  harder than it needed to be. If you are reinstalling the wires you will see one is shorter than the other. If you replace the 2.4G Antenna, and have the black one go on the side it came from, and the white/gray one goes on the side it came from and feed the two wires through the hole with the ribbon cable. Once everything is put through that hole and you put your camera up to the drone like it is supposed to sit, you will see pretty clearly that which wire goes on which post. One will not reach the other post, I can't remember which one it is, but it's pretty plain to see. Good luck.

JTL
2015-12-6
Use props
mohamed.saad.ha
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

I did it, thank you very much
2015-12-6
Use props
yong.adrian
New

Malaysia

mohamed.saad.ha Posted at 2015-12-7 04:10
I did it, thank you very much

Does anyone know whether after installing a new camera gimbal for the phantom 3 standard, does it needs to be relink or re-paired to the aircraft ? (the original camera gimbal which came with aircraft was destroyed in a crash). I cannot see any video feed after installing the new unit. However I can tilt the camera with the RC. Any suggestions for me to troubleshoot this annoying issue would be most appreciated!
2015-12-12
Use props
JohnTLand
lvl.1

United States

yong.adrian Posted at 2015-12-12 09:57
Does anyone know whether after installing a new camera gimbal for the phantom 3 standard, does it n ...

This sounds similar to an issue I had. I didn't have to replace the camera, but did have to replace other the two cords and one ribbon cord to it. I also had to buy a new remote because I somehow busted my remote while destroying my craft. For me, once everything was connected up I had to reset the wifi link. I could control my bird with the remote, but could not see anything or get a wifi network to show up. The wifi link comes from the remote. Once it's reset and relinked to the drone, everything else just seems to fall together. E-mail me if you want at john.giggity.land@gmail.com if you have specific questions but I was able to get mine up in the air this afternoon after a couple of weeks of it being grounded due to what I thought was needed parts. Now that I think about it, I should have tried to reset the wifi link, then relink to the craft...Good luck...

JTL
2015-12-20
Use props
markusalee6
lvl.1

United States

I just broke my standard 3 gimbal mount and am needing help fixing it. My camera vibration absorbing board broke and I can't take it off to replace it because a gray wire is in between one of the holes on the broken board. I'm deciding whether I should just cut it because there is no other way to fix it besides cutting it. I'm not sure how important this gray wire is but it seems pretty important. My other single black wire totally split and broke but my bunch of gray wires are fine because they just got unplugged from the gimbal. Can someone please help me?
FullSizeRender.jpg
2016-1-30
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

pretty sure those are ufl connectors at the other end, you may have luck to try to replace them.

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/ufl-connector.html
2016-1-30
Use props
cwabbit
lvl.1

United States

The single grey and single black wire connect 2.4gHz antennas to the camera.  (My assumption is that these antenna send the live video feed - not used on the adv/pro models as they have lightbridge).  The antennas are mounted in the body, one on either side of the battery compartment.  you will need to open the shell and remove the centerboard to replace the antenna though.  as for disconnecting from the camera, each line runs under a little cover on the camera base.  just remove the 2 screws per cover and gently pop the connectors off (like snaps).  the grey wire goes to the connector next to the ribbon cable, the black one goes to the connect on the side.  To connect, just gently snap in, route the wire in the groove, and replace the cover & screws.  do this after you remount the gimbal mount plate!  

I just replaced the shell on my standard, so I've just figured this out.  it is frustrating not being able to find these 5%-10% of details that are different on the standard!

I've seen the parts listed at helipal, part DJI-P3-97.  
2016-1-31
Use props
tonyhelmick
New

United States

I recently had a crash and broke the camera.  When I was removing it for replacement, I broke the connecting tip from the gray wire.  I didnt realize there were two wires in the gray wire, and I soldered the wires as one to the tip, reinstalled on the new camera, and was still able to fly, but I wasnt using the camera yet.  The problem came when I connected my ipad mini 2.  It did an update, but the camera was never able to connect through the DJI GO app.  After the update, my remote was unable to connect to the Phantom.  Before I read that I should try to reset the WiFi link (JohnTLand), I carefully torn down the craft to see what I had to replace to get a new gray wire/connector.  Turns out to be Standard Part #97, which I just ordered.  It sounds like I would just have needed to reset the WiFi to fix most of my problem, but Im not going to put this back together until my parts come in due to the location of part #97.  Im hoping I didnt fry anything additional by soldering that gray wire connector tip.  Any input on that?
2016-2-21
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.4

United States

Is this the cable set you might need?
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B015OXK4G2/ph079-20
2016-2-21
Use props
iung777
Flight distance : 525121 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Hello for all, my camera dont have image, she starts and 30s stay off, what the problem is this???
2016-3-11
Use props
charles.charlie
lvl.1

Kenya

tonyhelmick Posted at 2016-2-21 22:07
I recently had a crash and broke the camera.  When I was removing it for replacement, I broke the co ...

Hi Tony, I think I have the exact same problem as you have with my P3 Standard. Would love to hear from how you solved it. My current status is:
- both black and grey cord broke and I soldered them together
- also the tip circle thing that has to connect damaged so I;m thinking of soldering the tips to the circle connection on the drone

So you ordered new cords. I think that's maybe for the best. That case you have to open the body isn't it? This is the part you ordered right? (see below)

Doesn't really look like the black and grey cord, especially the tip is not the gold circle thing.

I don't really get what you're saying with that you can just reset the Wi-Fi. Would that resolve of my problems if I solder everything??

Did you fry something with soldering the gray wire connector tip?

Thanks a lot! I have a travel agency in Kenya and we're starting a trip in a 2 weeks and would be a disaster if I can't use the drone then. Probably still need to order parts so clock is ticking.... RRRRrrrr, hope it works!! Thanks a lot at least for your post.
DJI-PH3-P97.jpg
2016-4-15
Use props
dority4
New

United States

My 8 cords that connect to the gimbal have come out, what should I do?
2016-5-21
Use props
dority4
New

United States

They are the 8 grey cords for the phantom 3 standard
2016-5-21
Use props
dority4
New

United States

I don't know what to do?
image.jpg
2016-5-21
Use props
dority4
New

United States

Don't know what to do?
image.jpg
2016-5-21
Use props
dority4
New

United States

dority4 Posted at 2016-5-21 19:45
They are the 8 grey cords for the phantom 3 standard

This is what it looks like
image.jpg
2016-5-21
Use props
Phantomic
lvl.1

Netherlands

dority4 Posted at 2016-5-22 04:51
Don't know what to do?

Buy a new cable?

http://www.helipal.com/djip3-081-cable-set-sta.html?osCsid=hfspsnv98ui2jvurj9rdd61mg5
2016-5-22
Use props
clala
lvl.1

Canada

Grey on the front and black on the left side
2016-5-22
Use props
tonyhelmick
New

United States

dority4 Posted at 2016-5-21 22:52
This is what it looks like

get a new cable...that is the best, and easiest way to fix that.  They are cheap
2016-7-3
Use props
tonyhelmick
New

United States

charles.charlie Posted at 2016-4-15 05:36
Hi Tony, I think I have the exact same problem as you have with my P3 Standard. Would love to hear  ...

Sorry for such a long time for a reply...this did fix my problem by ordering and installing new wifi units for the craft (Part #97 if I remember correctly)  Yes you do have to open it, which isnt too hard.
2016-7-3
Use props
tmccosker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33278 ft
United States

Hi, so just had a crash and the grey wire came out but everything still seems to be working. What does the grey wire actually do? Do I have to fix/ replace?
2016-7-4
Use props
fansb77b56df
lvl.1

Paraguay

the connector for te gimbal board is a GHR-08V-S connector
2016-11-1
Use props
Klandia
New

Ireland

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and a very beginner pilot as well. I have a question for the more experts. I have recently crashed my Phantom 3 standard and the black & grey cable got disconnected. I spent hours trying to fix it, but I can't get the video transmission back on my phone application and I can't get the wifi connection as well. I believe the two things are connected.

I researched on the forum and it seems that the easiest way would be to operate a simple modification and buy a u.fl to RP-SMA cable and some dipole antennas. I have found this product https://www.buzzflyer.co.uk/DJI- ... nna-97__p-2954.aspx and I was wondering if this would be the correct choice.

If you want to see my video, please have a look here! https://www.facebook.com/1378889 ... s/1707283402928269/

Thanks a lot guys!
2016-12-26
Use props
XKP
New
Colombia

Hello friends, can someone tell me where I can buy this replacement in New York? The board of the camera also the cards of the engines. thank you very much to all

f055cbef-19c2-452c-aec3-55d90e4b54f6.jpg
f055cbef-19c2-452c-aec3-55d90e4b54f6.jpg
2017-4-1
Use props
fans6249ca75
New
United States

john.giggity.la Posted at 2015-11-14 12:15
Mine broke off during a flight. I need to know which post does the grey wire go on and which post does the black wire go on thank you

The Gray cord goes on the side with the pin cable
2017-6-22
Use props
fans6249ca75
New
United States

john.giggity.la Posted at 2015-12-6 06:54
I thought I would get notified when someone replied to my post. At any rate, the Standard (if you have one), you will know it's hard to find information on them. Mine has almost turned into a toy and I am saving up to get an advanced. The technology on the standard is nice for hobbyist but I would eventually like to use it for other purposes.

At any rate, I made this  harder than it needed to be. If you are reinstalling the wires you will see one is shorter than the other. If you replace the 2.4G Antenna, and have the black one go on the side it came from, and the white/gray one goes on the side it came from and feed the two wires through the hole with the ribbon cable. Once everything is put through that hole and you put your camera up to the drone like it is supposed to sit, you will see pretty clearly that which wire goes on which post. One will not reach the other post, I can't remember which one it is, but it's pretty plain to see. Good luck.

The Gray cord goes on the post nearest to the pin cable
1498204720652474067892.jpg
2017-6-22
Use props
gyoung 345
New
United States

I had a slight accident with the Phantom 3 standard and have many of the same issues that folks here have had. I was able to get all the wires back to connected and get the app working. In doing all this I have one problem. The grey wire lost the connector. Is it easier to fix or just replace the entire WIFI antenna?

Connector
Wire
2017-9-12
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

These are known as MHI connectors and can be found at some computer repair shops.
2017-9-12
Use props
JMB18
New
France

I would to know if somebody had the pinout scheme of the P3S gimbal's 10 pins connector (in the red circle ) with Vcc and Canbut from pin one to pin 10, please..?

Many thanks..!
2018-1-3
Use props
Brian Sh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8724 ft

United States

I removed my camera by cutting these Black and gray wire in the middle so I can solder it after fixed the camera. I'm still concern if the board inside of camera is bad or inside of aircraft., because everything works normal beside video transmittal from aircraft to DJI Go, by the way have you found a way to repair your camera? thanks
2020-1-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Brian Sh Posted at 1-9 11:17
I removed my camera by cutting these Black and gray wire in the middle so I can solder it after fixed the camera. I'm still concern if the board inside of camera is bad or inside of aircraft., because everything works normal beside video transmittal from aircraft to DJI Go, by the way have you found a way to repair your camera? thanks

You cannot cut antenna cable and expect to repair it later.  RF is not like electricity.  If the cable is damaged, you must replace it.  

If you want, give us some details about your non-working camera and maybe somebody can give you ideas with what might be wrong.  From what you've described so far, it sounds like a NAND failure.  
2020-1-9
Use props
Brian Sh
lvl.1

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-9 11:47
You cannot cut antenna cable and expect to repair it later.  RF is not like electricity.  If the cable is damaged, you must replace it.  

If you want, give us some details about your non-working camera and maybe somebody can give you ideas with what might be wrong.  From what you've described so far, it sounds like a NAND failure.

When I turn on both remote and Phantom 3 Standard and connect the DJI Go app to remote Wifi I see all GPS satellite load perfect, Shows the battery load info, but the Camera Image is black ( nothing), and buttons for camera are disabled ( this means Camera is not working), I can not format the Micro SD car inserted to camera, I plug micro USB to Craft and Computer it can not be detected ( this means no access to Micro Sd card in camera slot), When I use DJI Go app to upgrade firmware  by clicking on firmware upload message is telling me SD card can not be fined.( This means Camera if disabled. All these happened after I upgraded the firmware, Who can help us out if DJI technical support cant help us we all having a pic of junk a drone with no camera is really worthless to play with. Please help us Thanks   
2020-1-12
Use props
Brian Sh
lvl.1

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-9 11:47

Gimbal works, My phantom fly perfect bur no Video Image : (
2020-1-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules