Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI, THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!! Almost 14 weeks since I sent my P2 in for repair!
1829 18 2015-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kleake1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1361040 ft
United States

Alright, I have been pretty patient knowing you went through a move, and knowing that your customer service has issues already, but i'm getting tired of getting screwed by depreciation of my equipment due to your lack of service!  I'll give a brief summary of what has happened, however there is much more details behind the scenes.

I purchased:
      P2 with H3-3D gimbal back in December 2014 - $959
      Lightbridge + Zeiss cinemizer googles in January 2015 - $1779
                     $2738 to you plus about $500 in additional batteries and accessories, so i'm well over $3k invested in this P2.

On July 4th 2015 my P2 fell to the ground due to no fault of my own.  Fully documented with video from the crash as well as my on screen display shown here: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=23324

I got an RMA number and shipped it to you on July 7th, delivered on the 10th.  You didn't check it in until July 24th, two weeks after you received it.  This is when your 6-8 week clock starts, however it's already 2 weeks after you received it and almost 3 weeks from when it crashed.

I waited, and waited for some sort of response about the repairs, but never got anything.  So after 10 weeks from my ship date, I replied asking status.  The reply that actually came the next day said "your unit has been repaired. Your Phantom has been updated, test flown, and is fully functional. You should receive a tracking number in a separate email within 1-2 business days."  First, I NEVER received ANY e-mail with tracking information.  Second, I replied asking what was done on the repair and NEVER got any reply.

2 weeks AFTER I received that response, my P2 showed up on my doorstep.  No documentation, no notification, no "thank you", not a single anything other than here is the unit.

I open the box and find that my P2 has been replaced by what appears to be a new,,,,, or maybe pieced together P2.  I really don't know since there is NO documetation.  These are the issues I see right out of the box.  Now keep in mind I had lightbridge installed, configured, wired, etc. on mine when I sent it in.
    1. My lightbridge was just thrown in the box.  Not hooked up, not installed, not tested, just thrown in the box.
    2. Gimbal was pre-installed.  No biggy, except it was not connected and it was mounted with zip ties for two of the saftey pins.  If new, why was it pre-installed.
    3. 3 of the motors were the new style with the sticker on them, but one motor didn't have the sticker.  I didn't think this was a big deal, however when you look down inside the motors, 3 have the blueish green color and the one without the sticker is a bright green.  DEFINITELY a different motor, but is it the same as the other 3???
    4. Remote control was also new.  While I appreciate a new RC, mine had labels on the switches that I will have to replace.  Again, not huge, but why not pair my original remote to the P2,,, or better yet, install my lightbridge like it was when I shipped it.
    5. My lightbridge mount was not returned from my original RC.  Am I supposed to put the LB module in my pocket while flying?
Now while some of these are minor, it still brings up some questions.  1 oddball motor, and zip ties on the gimbal???  Is this really a new unit, or is it a refurbished, or what?  The oddball motor really makes me nervous to fly it as who knows what I really have.  Without my lightbridge installed, was it tested?  Could the failure have been in the lightbridge?

I called the next day to try and sort out what was done/not done.  Talked with a guy who said he would pass it to his manager and I should get a response via e-mail within about 24hrs.  Ok, no problem.  He was nice and also set me up an account on the "new" ticket system. (which by the way has a "reply" option that you CANNOT reply to)

After a day and a half I thought I would check in and see, but this time she took my info and told me to wait about a week and a half before I get a response.  At this point I'm getting pretty upset as I got an e-mail almost 3 weeks prior to this that my P2 was fixed and being shipped, and now I'm told to wait ANOTHER week and a half to find out what I have and if it's even safe to fly?

And here all this time I thought that once I got it back I would be good to go, but the customer service crap is still dragging on even AFTER the P2 is back in my hands.  As of today it has been 13 weeks and 2 days that I have been unable to use it, and I STILL don't even know what was done OR what the cause of the crash "might" have been in the first place.  That is OVER 3 months!!!!

I am sure the tech who worked on mine isn't going to remember what was done WEEKS earlier?  I went into this knowing it was going to be 6-8 weeks, and while that is a long time, I was reluctantly accepting of that, but we are almost double that time now.

How can I get answers????  I do not trust that this unit is new, I do not trust mix matched parts, I do not trust that I can safely fly this P2 without knowing some sort of answer to what was found and what was done!  If you replace the unit with a new one, fine,,,,, give me a new one, if not, TELL me what you gave me....

2015-10-8
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

The first thing that was pointed out was the Phantom had to be RMAed in its original condition with no mods. With the mods you had made you were probably lucky they repaired it. I know your pain and concern for the labor you put into her. But original is original without the light bridge. Did you get an email telling you to log into DJI zen desk for updates? That's where I was able to get my status. Then the only other communications was the email that it was shipped and a tracking number. Hope you get it streight end out but don't think DJI is going to help more than doing what they did. Have you tried the P2 out yet?
2015-10-9
Use props
kleake1
lvl.3
United States

Well the lightbridge is a DJI product as well, and seeing how the crash happened, it could have been caused by any of the devices.  When I spoke with them to get the RMA, I discussed the LB with them and they said to leave it on there.  If I had removed it, I would have had to re-install the original RX which means I would have been modifying the craft AFTER the crash effectively tampering with the evidence, risking that I may be trying to hide something that could have contributed to the crash.  I also tried to provide as much info as I could so as to help them figure out why these "drop from the sky" events are happening.  I did remove my GoPro and Getterback, but that's it.  And I really don't have a problem re-installing my LB module, if that was all it was, then ok (although I am still missing the mounting bracket), but there is more than just that.  I did not get an e-mail asking me to log in for status, but I was already on Zendesk watching for updates.  There was ZERO communication on there between "we checked it in" and "It's fixed, you will get a tracking number...", and there has been ZERO replies to my questions posted.  I was very patient allowing them time to do what they need to do, but my patience is wearing thin.   I have not tried it out other than powering it on and verifying firmware version.  It is up to date, but the 1 oddball motor makes me very concerned about trying to fly it.  Sure, it may be fine, but what if it's not?  If they sent me a matching motor I would even install it myself, but i've got ZERO response from them on the issues.
2015-10-9
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

The 2212 motor is a 920kv motor and the 2312 motor is a 960kv motor. They are different rpm so you may have an issue. You can contact DJI back or change out the motor to match the other three for around 18-25 bucks and call it a day. Somebody goofed with this one. Hope you get here airworth shortly.
2015-10-11
Use props
kleake1
lvl.3
United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-10-11 03:38
The 2212 motor is a 920kv motor and the 2312 motor is a 960kv motor. They are different rpm so you m ...

Yep, that's the issue I am concerned about.  I shouldn't have to mess with it, but I am willing if it comes to it.  However, being without it for 14 weeks and then having to buy more parts to get it back to what it was when I sent it in is not right.  Good thing i am not desperate for it at the moment.  If the communication was better, I could let some of it slide, but this is a horrible way to leave your customers hanging, so I want it handled right.  The sad part is I think many people get this sort of run-around.
2015-10-12
Use props
kleake1
lvl.3
United States

Update: I got a response from DJI stating what they repaired, however it is NOT what was really done.  They said that the work order stated "We checked your light bridge system and found no issues. For the H3-3D, we replaced the roll axis arm and yaw servo motor. For the Phantom 2 craft, we replaced four motors, flight controller, smart battery, and gave you a set of propellers. We do apologize but the reason why one doesn't have the stickers is because we unfortunately ran out of motors with that specific sticker. But we did replace all four motors with new motors.".  However, this is not the same quad that I shipped in, nor is it my remote so what the work order stated on their side is not even correct.

I responded to that stating that their work order was incorrect and that is NOT what was done and I got another response to send them pictures as well as a picture of the serial number which I did.  They said they will investigate it and get me back to flying so we'll see where it goes from here.  At least it has drawn some attention now and hopefully they will resolve it.

Like I said before, I understand mistakes can be made, and I understand growing pains and moving issues, but none of that is the customers fault.  We'll see how this gets handled.
2015-10-14
Use props
kleake1
lvl.3
United States

FINALLY an end to this saga!  After some discussion, I sent the quad back to DJI and they expedited a motor swap to get them all matching and then sent it back to me.  This part only took just over a week to complete so MUCH better than the first go around.  
So,,, on November 10th (Yes, 4 months later), my P2 was delivered back to me.  I did the first test flight the next day to verify all was good.  It flew as it should other than it flashing the red lights for low battery if I climbed quickly.  I cycled the battery once and that resolved it.  Likely caused by the battery not being used for so long.  I then spent an evening reconnecting my lightbridge, verifying firmware versions, and doing any tweaks I had done to my previous one.  Took it out for another test flight and all seems to be good.  It actually seems to be more stable than what I remember it being before.  I'll cycle through all of my batteries this weekend to make sure all of them are still up to par.

I'm still in discussion about the 4 months of lost warranty time, but I am VERY happy to FINALLY have it back in the air!  
2015-11-20
Use props
kleake1
lvl.3
United States

Well, the saga continues just a little more.  They failed to install the anti-interference board when they put the gimbal on, so now I am getting a lot more scrambled video issues than before.  I have contacted them, but they are having to research this before they know of a resolution.  Can they not just send me an anti-interference board?
2015-12-2
Use props
kleake1
lvl.3
United States

hahahaha,,, after telling them that when I got the replacement P2 back from repair that there was no anti-interference board in it, now I get this response:  "Thank you for requesting this part. If this part was missing in your original purchase and you purchased recently (within 10 business days of placing your order), please seek you dealer for assistance as they are responsible for any issues presented after immediately opening the product."

Do they not READ anything????  Now 5 months after the crash and i'm still dealing with it.  Nuts!
2015-12-8
Use props
kleake1
lvl.3
United States

Wow, they responded quickly,, but with this: "Thank you for contacting DJI, we do apologize for the inconvenience and confusion. I completely understand what your requesting. We have a process and procedure that we have to go through in order to process the request. We just need the original proof of purchase and we well process the request to have it shipped out."

Seriously???  I sent ALL of that when I sent the machine in for repair, and now because they left a part out, they want me to jump through these hoops AGAIN for a $10 part?  All I can do at this point is laugh.  

And the best part, I bought directly from them, but they still demand to have proof of purchase before they can send the $10 part.  I've spent over $4k with them and it's all on my account that they have?!
2015-12-8
Use props
kleake1
lvl.3
United States

Geeeez, and it contiues STILL yet again!!!!  In early December I contacted DJI for my anti-interferance board that was missing after my repair.  Well, after I gave them my proof of purchase (Screenshot from their own website) they said they would get it on the way.   Well, it showed up today (almost a month later), however it REQUIRES A SIGNATURE!!!   Really,,,,, I am at work and you can't leave a $10 part on my porch, but yet you left my $2500 worth of equipment on my porch without even sending me a tracking number?   It's beyond me, I just don't understand how you can do business this way.  The product is great, but the customer service is the worst I have ever experienced in my life!  All I can do is hope that once I have this board, that everything else is good because it has taken over 6 months to get things back to what they were.....

DJI: You need to hire a few of your customers that have been through the repair process to help you improve the process!  
2016-1-7
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Kleake,
Unless i have completely missed something, DJI have more than a bit of explaining to do,
If this were my situation and i had nearly 4k invested and had to go through this and had this much down time,
i can only tell you it would not be a pretty situation, for anyone!!
Hope they are listening and can make this right some way....
2016-1-7
Use props
kleake1
lvl.3
United States

Northofthe49th, Yes, this is beyond ridiculous, and yes, once again, it continues!!!

Well, had FedEx hold the box at their depot so I could drive 20 miles out of my way and pick it up after 2 failed delivery attempts.  Picked up the box and guess what?????  How hard can this be right?????   YES, they shipped the board, but they DID NOT ship anything else with it!!!  Like the little cable that is REQUIRED to install it!!!!   Yes, that is right,,,, rather than sending me the "kit", they sent a bare board without anything else.   Here again,,,,, I still have yet to get my P2 back to what it was when it crashed 6 months ago!!!   

DJI,,,,  WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET THIS TAKEN CARE OF?????  All I need now is the little ribbon cable,,,, it's about 3 inches long, 8 or 10 wires in a ribbon form, and please include the white molded plastic ends too.  Oh, and don't forget the little metal connectors on the wire too.
2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

kleake1@gmail.c Posted at 2016-1-12 12:48
Northofthe49th, Yes, this is beyond ridiculous, and yes, once again, it continues!!!

Well, had FedE ...

Sorry for the bad experience with DJI, Could you please provide me  RMA number, I'll my best to solve it ASAP. Thank you!
2016-1-12
Use props
kleake1
lvl.3
United States

I've got so many numbers I'm not sure which one to send but here is what I have.

Original request: 172794 with RMA 615230-163406
Second ticket wondering what was done after I got it back: 209048
Latest ticket for the missing board: 224291
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

kleake1@gmail.c Posted at 2016-1-13 06:42
I've got so many numbers I'm not sure which one to send but here is what I have.

Original request:  ...

Aright kleake1, thanks! i'm on it!
2016-1-13
Use props
kleake1
lvl.3
United States

Thank you Tim!
2016-1-13
Use props
kleake1
lvl.3
United States

Well Tim, I don't know if it was because of you, or if they finally shipped the cables, but I finally have everything (I think).  Once again I had to re-route the package to pick it up since it required a signature for a simple cable, but so be it.  I was expecting just the single gray ribbon cable, which was in the package, but they also shipped the full cable kit with it.  I'm not sure exactly why, but at least I got the cable I needed in the package with it.  THANK YOU!!!  It's been just under 7 months and i'll finally be back to flying the way it was.
20160122_135112.jpg
2016-1-22
Use props
kleake1
lvl.3
United States

It took just under 7 months but Woohoo everything seems to be working perfectly well finally!  I flew all 3 batteries yesterday.  Range was good, control was good, all worked as it should.  

I hope I never need it, but if I have issues in the near future I sure hope they honor my no longer existing warranty since I was not able to use it for the last 6 months I had left of my warranty.
2016-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules