Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
The Osmo handle WILL be sold as a stand alone product!
4477 17 2015-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

According to this article from Gizmodo, the Osmo handle will be sold separately but obviously no price has been announced yet. Here is the part referring to it from Gizmodo's article:

"Osmos will run you $650 when it drops later this month. It’s expensive, yes, but kind of understandable when you consider that it includes a pretty advanced compact video camera plus the stabilizer. If you already own an Inspire 1 with an X3 camera (or new X5 Pro and Raw), you can buy the Osmo handle separately and mount the camera right on. There’s no price yet on the handle by itself."

http://gizmodo.com/dji-osmo-hands-on-a-4k-cam-for-super-steady-video-no-1735277606
UPDATE: DJI themselves have also now officially announced that it will be a standalone product in the comments on their post on Instagram.
2015-10-8
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Yes, it will be made available once the rush of fanboys has slowed down to the point that the additional minor revenue from selling the originally promised hand held solution to existing Insipre 1 owners is deemed desirable.

In other words "Coming Soon'

At a price we don't know.

FFS.
2015-10-8
Use props
drick1804
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6371 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-10-9 08:06
Yes, it will be made available once the rush of fanboys has slowed down to the point that the additi ...

Another year in the making...end of 2016.. here we come! LOL
2015-10-8
Use props
mmiddleton
New

United States

It was demo'd as a handle for Inspire 1 camera that would be released in Q2. Here we are Q4 and they decide to release it only with a camera most of us already have. Seems they would reward loyalty and make it available to owners FIRST!
2015-10-8
Use props
drick1804
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6371 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

mmiddleton Posted at 2015-10-9 10:34
It was demo'd as a handle for Inspire 1 camera that would be released in Q2. Here we are Q4 and the ...

Like everyone in here, I was so looking forward to the OSMO hand-held device only, and was prepared to buy it as a sweet add-on to the inspire 1. However, after some consideration, I thought it would be great to have the X3 on both devices, both in the air and on the ground simultaneously (an additional X3 will come in useful for this exact purpose)!    
2015-10-8
Use props
mmiddleton
New

United States

drick1804 Posted at 2015-10-8 21:55
Like everyone in here, I was so looking forward to the OSMO hand-held device only, and was prepare ...

Orrrrr...I recently upgraded from P2 to the Inspire 1. I considered waiting for the X5 but needed it for a project in mid-October, and the X5 won't ship until November. The stand-alone handle makes an upgrade to X5 more feasible, as I'd still have a use for my still-practically-brand-new X3! ;)
2015-10-8
Use props
stasissports
lvl.1

United States

i feel tricked. feels like dji is catering to new customers more so then the loyal customers waiting for whats advertised. i feel like if they offered a non camera added and camera added option it wouldn't have effected sales. just increased them. every one with a inspire 1 was already waiting for just the stick. i am a capitalist myself but dang you gotta take care of the loyal guys that have been waiting for 9 months
2015-10-8
Use props
rsghowellnj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been considering upgrading to the X5 in my Inspire 1.  It would really sweeten the deal if DJI would offer and OSMO bundled with the X5 or X5R.  This is why I have been holding out.  If DJI is not going to offer the handle only then please at least offer it with the X5 or X5R as a bundle. I personally think you will see more sales of the OSMO from already X3 owners or people looking to upgrade their Inspire 1 to the X5 or X5R.  This way they can move their X3 to the OSMO.  Makes perfect sense to me
2015-10-9
Use props
cookinghusband
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41463 ft
Hong Kong

This is not what DJI is saying
2015-10-11
Use props
AirborneNinja
lvl.2

United States

Everyone calmdown, it's been confirmed that it will be offered as a stand alone...

As far as factory packages, if they don't offer them it's not hard to put 1 + 1 together and make a bundle yourself lol. Can't wait to order mine! Just waiting till the 15th to see if they make good on their release date and accessories.
2015-10-12
Use props
Plus Form
lvl.1

United Kingdom

also would like to share in the frustration, to pinch inspire owners out on release is a kick in the balls given our investment in dji products
2015-10-13
Use props
AirborneNinja
lvl.2

Qatar

Everyone seems to be forgetting that the X3 on the Osmo is different than the X3 on the I1. It's set at different focus point and meant for ground use, of course they are going to market it as a whole "all in one" product from the start to gain more than current Inspire owner sales. If you all would be patient and wait till the OFFICIAL release date, all your gripes will be addressed...
2015-10-13
Use props
Alessandro Gara
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2012457 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Globals instagram stats that pricing for the osmo w/ no camera pricing will be annoced shortly
2015-10-13
Use props
wingo
New

United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2015-10-13
Use props
rsghowellnj
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Alessandro Gara Posted at 2015-10-13 12:36
DJI Globals instagram stats that pricing for the osmo w/ no camera pricing will be annoced shortly

Hopefully sooner then later.  Wake up DJI!  There is a large demand for those of us that already own the Inspire 1.
2015-10-14
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rsghowellnj@gma Posted at 2015-10-14 10:19
Hopefully sooner then later.  Wake up DJI!  There is a large demand for those of us that already o ...

Its available now dude.. - http://store.dji.com/product/osmo-handle-kit
2015-10-14
Use props
d.cloeren
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2578589 ft
Germany

"Compatible with the Osmo Gimbal and Camera, and the Inspire 1’s Zenmuse X3, the Osmo Handle brings DJI’s advanced image stabilization system to a compact, handheld system that lets you shoot crisp and stable videos at any time and place. "

And what is with the X5?
2015-10-14
Use props
rsghowellnj
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-10-14 06:31
Its available now dude.. - http://store.dji.com/product/osmo-handle-kit

Yup ... thanks ... just placed my order now.
2015-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules