DJI Infante 1
1361 3 2015-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
defnur
lvl.1

Russia

Hello. Are you intrigued with a topic title?
First of all lets do some comparisons between Phantom 3 and Inspire One.

camera.jpg

battery.jpg

controller.jpg

body.jpg

I just would like to suggest developers to make compromise body. Just for example: carbon leggs from Inspire, a main board and cheap motors from Phantom.
If you will be able to make it at $990-1399 price, and RTF version will be at $1499-$1999 - that would be awesome deal!
What do you think about?

Thank you for attention and sorry for my english.

P.S. RTF version should contain new X3/FC350H camera (from Osmo). And the Osmo handle is an addition option (like a backpack for Phantom).

2015-10-8
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Not talking about cameras, there is an obvious difference between their size, material, propulsion systems and construction, so here we got the difference in the price.  Thanks for your suggestion
2015-10-8
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 442743 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is more to a product's value than just what it's made of. Why does a Falcon 8 cost £35,000? R&D has to be paid for, amongst many other hidden costs. However, the biggest 'value' of a product is it's perceived value. DJI, like Apple, whether you like it or not (I don't) are very good at hyping products and implementing the 'want value' into their products, rather than a 'need value.'Two very different approaches to marketing products. Look at bottled water, how absolutely rediculous a society we have become, when we pay more for a bottle of water than we do for a bottle of milk! Why do CDs cost £8, they were £15 at one point some years ago, their actual 'cost' is probably nearer to £.0.35p per unit. Cost is one thing, but perceived value is another.

2015-10-9
Use props
defnur
lvl.1

Russia

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-10-9 14:29
Not talking about cameras, there is an obvious difference between their size, material, propulsion s ...

Seems you got me wrong. The Phantom 3 costs about ~$1000 and the Inspire costs over $3000, so why don't developers make something average under $2000? And because of there is no big difference in price between cameras, new drone could use X3 from Inspire.
It would definetly be a very popular product.
Thanks.
2015-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules