battery will not turn on at all
900 8 2015-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
landstar414921
New

United States

Hello, bought a new battery and charged/ discharged it once now it will not charge and it will not light up any leds either. anyone have a way to help me with this? The charger still charges my other battery. ugh
2015-10-11
Use props
dunderhead
lvl.1

United States

I suppose it is possible that it's defective.  Did you FULLY deplete it, or just let it get down to around 8% or so?  It's good that you were able to rule out that it's not your charger, but it's still frustrating nonetheless.
2015-10-11
Use props
landstar414921
New

United States

yes, i flew it till down to 20%. Is there any workaround to jump start the charge?
2015-10-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

One thought. And it may be a long shot at that.
Turn the battery on, with two clicks as per normal, and then plug it in to the charger.
This may trigger the charge to begin. If not, send it back to China, and have it replaced.

RedHotPoker
2015-10-11
Use props
landstar414921
New

United States

nuthin....... no led or any acknowledgement from the battery or charger that something happens. ugh ugh
2015-10-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

sounds like a broken battery. send it back to the dealer you bought it from. or contact our support if you got it from official DJI Store
2015-10-11
Use props
landstar414921
New

United States

Thanks DJI-Tim. i bought it from a hobby shop.  I will take it back there when I get back home.  
2015-10-12
Use props
Manta
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1738937 ft
New Zealand

landstar414921 Posted at 2015-10-12 05:22
nuthin....... no led or any acknowledgement from the battery or charger that something happens. ugh  ...

I had one of those out of the box. It was deader than a dead thing on a dead day and could not be revived; got it swapped over by retailer. Don't waste your time with it, even if you did get it going you'd never fully trust it in the air eh?
2015-10-12
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have noticed that when I run a battery down and plug it into the charger sometimes it will take a few  minutes or even longer before any light appears. Just to be sure i would first try an older battery or the RC just to make sure the charger is working. Then plug in your battery and let it set there for at least 15 minutes. If the lights don't appear then you most likely have a bad battery.

Butch
2015-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules