text overlay on video
8013 5 2015-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Homer J
lvl.1

United States

Not sure why I now have a text overlay on my videos where I never had one before?  Anyone tell me where the setting is to turn that off?
It displays info like Home (gps cordinates)  time    camera settings and lots of numbers
thanks for any help
2015-10-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

turn off subtitles
2015-10-11
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Sounds like you might be using the VLC media player to watch your videos.  If so, click "subtitle" on the menu bar, then "Sub Track", then "Disable"

Plan "B":  When you look in the directory where you have you video files you will notice that for each video file there is a duplicate file numbered the same but with a different file extension "SRT"  (example DJI_0121.SRT)  That is the file that contains all the text that appears on your video.  Rather than deleting that SRT file you can simply change the file extension to something else like DJI_0121.XXX or DJI_0121.BAK and the text shouldn't appear.

Plan "C": use another video viewer like Real Player.
2015-10-11
Use props
ag0n
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I choose to keep the SRC files in case I ever want them for reference on the videos.  However, they are a PIA most of the time, so as soon as I put them on the hard drive, I rename the file extension by adding a letter or two.  It will no longer use it.
2015-10-11
Use props
Homer J
lvl.1

United States

thanks for those replys, and Gil you  are right that when I switched to the VLC player is when the text overlay started.  I will check out real player
2015-10-12
Use props
Killye23
New

United States

Hi, it is very easy. You just need to use a tool to remove the subtitles. As far as I know, there are available tools to remove subtitles from MKV, MP4, AVI, or other formats.
2017-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules