Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daedalus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 557552 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Greetings

Coming from a Phantom 2 V+ i am looking for information regarding the NAZA M V2 low voltage protection numbers and calculations.

My DJI F550 flies on 8045 2212/920kv with landing gear and Tarot 2d gimbal, around 2,4kg

The battery i am using is tuningy 4s  14.8v on 5000mah, i am interested finding out from users flying similar spec, what settings to use on Naza software assistant low voltage protection.
2015-10-14
Use props
Daedalus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Cyprus

Nobody ???
2015-10-16
Use props
q
lvl.1

Austria

hi,

I haven't completed my F550 yet and therefore I have not practical experience on this model yet (or any other hobby class multicopter). Im only posting here because I have years of experience driving RC cars with lipos of all sizes and there is no other answer yet.

I was wondering about the voltage settings myself just an hour ago when I first installed the naza software on my PC.
I'm using a 4S lipo. nominal voltage: the usual 14.8V
idle voltage on the pack as it came out of the bag: 15.3V

there are as many theories about minimum cell voltage as there are people on earth.
usual values are between 2.9 and 3.3V
I'm going for 3.3V because this applies to the whole pack and there is always one cell that falls behind a little bit. if the pack is treated as all cell were equal, the weakest cell gets stressed a lot and looses even more performance.
so, 4 times 3.3 equals 13.2V
that's my stage 2 value.
for stage 1 I guessed 3.5V per cell leading us to 14V.
I have no values for the load loss yet.
But I think these values are a good start.

I do recommend that you use a single cell voltage monitor.
they are cheap and make a lot of noise when they go off.
configure them at 3.3V so you have some reserve.
they are small and connect to the balancer plug of the battery.

if one cell drops below the preset voltage a loud alarm goes off. if you hear it: land! now!
this doesn't interfere with the naza's low voltage protection and you can use it as a second layer of protection in case the model is too far away for the alarm to be heard.

if it's in your budget, get some telemetry equipment to monitor the voltage in realtime from the ground.
ideally something that records the voltage over time and enables you to visualize the data. this makes it easy to see when your battery is about to give up.

a third layer of protection is your transmitter if it offers a countdown. I've discovered this on my Spekrum DX9. For each model, a run time can be set. while the throttle is above zero it counts down to zero, beeping at the last minute. the countdown stops if the throttle is in the 'off' zone and the TX assumes the motors are off and no (significant) power is used from the battery.

I hope this helps you a little.
2015-11-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

13.2V
that's my stage 2 value.
for stage 1 I guessed 3.5V per cell leading us to 14V.
I have no values for the load loss yet.

That is good.

Keep in mind a lot of guys just turn it off with the reasoning that they would rather lose the pack than lose the entire craft.

Dave
2015-12-8
Use props
jim.chisholm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 152352 ft
Canada

I have the same setup.
After much deliberation I disabled the low voltage settings, last thing I want is to be at the upper threshold,
do a power climb over the ocean where I fly and have my F550 hit the low threshold momentarily and decide to land a km out to sea.
I use a Venom 640 battery monitor set for 3.7V and man that thing is loud, it can be heard well over a km away.
However best practise for me is to monitor the battery voltage via fpv (mini iosd) and when the battery is sitting at 14.4 volts I come in to land. I also set a timer on my remote and get extremely reproducible results at a total 11 minute flight. This always on recharge takes 4000 maH, 80% of full battery capacity.
So my advise is to watch your voltage and disable that suicidal low voltage "failsafe" setting.
2016-7-16
Use props
Daedalus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Cyprus

Thank you for your replies everyone.
2017-1-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Daedalus Posted at 2017-1-8 01:48
Thank you for your replies everyone.

Since this was an old post, hoping you've enjoyed a few flights since then.
2017-1-11
Use props
Daedalus
lvl.2
  • >>>
Cyprus

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-11 15:04
Since this was an old post, hoping you've enjoyed a few flights since then.

Although i have now sold it.. i did
2017-1-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Daedalus Posted at 2017-1-25 02:28
Although i have now sold it.. i did

Good to hear!
2017-1-25
Use props