Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I think I know what is going on here...
1400 3 2015-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spinalver3
lvl.1

United States

I love DJI. I bought the Phantom 2 years ago, I bought the Inspire 1 a while ago and just recently bought the Ronin M. Loved all of them.

When they announced the Osmo, I immediately bought it, because I had wanted this thing a year ago along with many others.

If I was DJI and had shown a product working one year ago that had the internet buzzing and a ton of potential customers all saying they wanted this device, I would have made tons of product available before announcing its availalbity, let alone take clients money for them without having product available.

I believe I know what is going on here and it may be the case with a lot of companies. They get a certain amount of orders and THEN place them into production and not the other way around having product on hand, taking orders and then shipping. This could be why they are stating "Shipping will be delayed" etc.

Its either this, or they have way too many people ordering, which is another problem, you knew that tons of people wanted this.

Please tell me I am crazy and I dont have a vaiable theory.
2015-10-14
Use props
Calvette
Second Officer
Flight distance : 103222 ft
United States

Also there only so may way to get the product to the rest of the world and Apple has pre-booked all of the space for iPhones.
2015-10-15
Use props
sdchew
lvl.4

Singapore

I'm going to speculate on a hunch... lots of products out there need Sony sensors (Camera, phones, action cams, etc)... Osmo also uses a Sony sensor...

May be there's some supply constain?
2015-10-15
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Yes, spinalver3, that's a good suggestion,  we learning how to deal with this things, i future you will see less and less delays
2015-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules