Gimbal motor noise - Internal Mic not at all usable..
2085 4 2015-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

First off, I am getting one and will work around this..

From the two videos below, it seems that the onboard Mic picks up a LOT of motor noise. I think an external Mic will be a MUST if audio from this is needed in the video.

2015-10-14
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

right,you definitely need an external mic, to record audio in  a proper way
2015-10-15
Use props
scott
lvl.3

United States

Which external mic are you guys looking into getting?  Oh and thanks for posting the examples!  I'm also wondering how you will mount it.  I'm excited to actually see the Osmo.  Hopefully it's starts shipping soon!

2015-10-18
Use props
mbmediauk
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Here is a first Unboxing

2015-10-19
Use props
ke-now
lvl.3
Australia

scott@doctorren Posted at 2015-10-19 09:40
Which external mic are you guys looking into getting?  Oh and thanks for posting the examples!  I'm  ...

Rode VideoMic Pro (directional mic) looks like a good choice. Should suppress the gimbal noise a lot more than internal mic, or external omni mics.

If serious about audio it's best to record sound independently anyway. I have a Sony M10 which is a brilliant little recorder. You then have control over things such as gain, limiters, filters etc.

I'm curious to know how much audio control is offered in the DJI Go app, whether it's possible to turn off AGC and control levels etc. The more manual control the better.

2015-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules