New Phantom 2 V+ (V3.0) 2 New Batteries, One No Updates Available
2800 7 2014-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cdavidell
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I bought my Phantom 2 V+ (V3.0) this November, the package was a new Phantom and 2 batteries. The battery that came installed in the Phantom 2 V+ is serial #2380 and has loader 1.5.0.0 with the 2.0.0.0 firmware. I updated this battery to 2.6.0.0 firmware with Phantom Assistant 3.6 software with no issue  when it arrived. All is well.
I decedied this past weekend to charge up the extra battery, all was well, charged to 100%. I put it into my Phantom 2 V+ and went to update it with the same software from my first update. The 3.6 Phantom Assisit software showed in blue "No Updates". I clicked on "No Updates" and it checked and said "No Updates". The battery serial # is 317, yes 317. Loader 1.5.0.0 and 2.0.0.0 firmware. Same contacts as the other battery, no dicernable difference in them.
I even downloaded a new Phantom Assist 3.6 software from DJI and installed it and it produced the same results. "No Updates" for the battery.

Any thoughts from anyone on the issue, am I missing something? I emailed my dealer and they said they would look into it. Just looking for possible resolutions to the issue.

Thanks for any help.

David

2014-12-18
Use props
momochi
lvl.2

United States

I have a total of 4 batteries. 2 with the new firmware 2.6.0.0 and 2 with the firmware 1.0.0.8. The later 2 have no updates listed. I have not seen any difference in flight times or other issues. I use them and have no problems.
2014-12-18
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

You may be able to correct this with a simple fix.  In the Phantom battery compartment, make sure the 2 little push pins on the internal plug move freely and extend the full travel.  Make sure they are clean (a rubber eraser works well for this).  Next, make sure the battery is fully inserted in the battery compartment and try to run the update again.

By the way, if you ever use any third party batteries (made by Limeware, Onbo or others) DO NOT attempt the battery upgrade!  It will likely "brick" the battery.  One of the reasons DJI has this battery upgrade is to try and discourage people from using other batteries.
Battery Box contacts.JPG
2014-12-19
Use props
kelleyre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

gil@wk.net Posted at 2014-12-19 16:55
You may be able to correct this with a simple fix.  In the Phantom battery compartment, make sure th ...

Same here
Cant update to 2.6
This is a new battery from DME.   loader 1.5.9  firmware 2.0.0.0
Called dji and they said there looking in to it
They also said it could be a bad battery.  I don't think so but you never know.
2014-12-19
Use props
cdavidell
lvl.3
United States

gil@wk.net Posted at 2014-12-19 16:55
You may be able to correct this with a simple fix.  In the Phantom battery compartment, make sure th ...

gil,
Thanks for the info. I tried this. I verified that small push pins in the Phantom move freely and used a new eraser to clean (only has a few flights). I connected the Phantom up to the Phantom Assist 3.6 software and it still reads "No Upgrade". Looks like others are recently having this issue also. Thanks.

David
2014-12-20
Use props
st286
lvl.1

United States

FYI,

I See exactly the same with loader 1.5.9  firmware 2.0.0.0 battery.  There is no upgrade.  Just bought my vision 2+ V3 with two batteries.
2014-12-20
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

China

Hi,
DJI's R&D is preparing new firmware these days. Meanwhile the present battery (1.4.0.0 & 1.5.0.0) are unable to upgrade.
the upgrade will be available again after the new FW releasing.
2014-12-26
Use props
cdavidell
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Dboy Posted at 2014-12-26 17:53
Hi,
DJI's R&D is preparing new firmware these days. Meanwhile the present battery (1.4.0.0 & 1.5.0.0 ...

DJI-Dboy,
Thank you for the response to this issue. Looking forward to seeing the firmware being released.
David
2015-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules