Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RTH button broke today.
1585 11 2015-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jjphoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 640203 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just thought I would use the RTH button today after firmware upadate to make sure everything was working and the whole button pushed in to the transmitter, something has broken.  The RTH worked but the button is now loose and moves around.  I took the back of the transmitter and could just see what looks like plastic lugs with two screws securing the button to the case have come away.  Damn!
2015-10-18
Use props
draadkar
lvl.4

Nigeria

I have never used the RTH button so after reading your post I just had to push it Mine is very strong and ill probably break my finger before it gives way.
2015-10-18
Use props
jjphoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

draadkar Posted at 2015-10-18 18:51
I have never used the RTH button so after reading your post I just had to push it  Mine is very st ...

That's just how mine used to feel.  Only used it a couple of times in all.  Each time I do a firmware update I check it out.  I'm just hoping that it doesn't effect something else inside the transmitter.
2015-10-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That Definately needs to be exchanged or repaired.
I wouldn't trust my radio, with loose parts inside.
Not worth the cost if it fouls up, something else more serious.

Why take further risk, with your expensive quad in jeopardy?

RedHotPoker
2015-10-18
Use props
jjphoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-10-18 19:30
That Definately needs to be exchanged or repaired.
I wouldn't trust my radio, with loose parts insid ...

I agree,  it's going back to CVP where I bought it from and they are sorting it.  Cheers.
2015-10-19
Use props
Flight Raptor
First Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

jjphoto Posted at 2015-10-19 08:48
I agree,  it's going back to CVP where I bought it from and they are sorting it.  Cheers.

Good luck!  IF, they won't repair it, an option is to open up the transmitter, and use hot glue to 're-make' the pillars that the screws go into.  Once the hot-glue is dried, take and drill a small hold in the center of the glue so you have a starting point for the screw.

Re-assemble the contoller and then screw into the hot glue and you'll me amazed at how strong the hold is.  I had to do this on pillars that hold my gimbal wheel.  Assemblers must have used too much torque and the screw pillars completely cracked/disintegrated.
2015-10-19
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

OUCH!! Obviously you need to send it in for repair. I would imagine that there are metal parts on the back of the button. If there are you may want to disconnect the battery on the controller before sending it anywhere or using it for that matter. Yu don't need a short on top of it.
2015-10-19
Use props
jjphoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rodger Posted at 2015-10-19 14:50
OUCH!! Obviously you need to send it in for repair. I would imagine that there are metal parts on th ...

I've taken it back to CVP in the UK where I bought it from.  They reckon they work on a 3 week turnaround for repairs to DJI products, not holding my breath.  
2015-10-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Rodger, I rodger that! ;-) you are not responsible to fix or repair a faulty unit.
Obviously if you inadvertently made it worse, then you're stuck with the repair bill.
Warranty is the way to go, good for you. A little free time now, to RTFM eh? Hehe

Tons of awesome threads and Phantom videos to catch up on. . .

RedHotPoker

2015-10-19
Use props
rodger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

jjphoto Posted at 2015-10-19 14:49
I've taken it back to CVP in the UK where I bought it from.  They reckon they work on a 3 week tur ...

That was your best move. Now you don't have to worry about it once it is returned.
2015-10-20
Use props
rodger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-10-19 14:54
Rodger, I rodger that! ;-) you are not responsible to fix or repair a faulty unit.
Obviously if you  ...

Bit of aggravation and inconvenience but better off in the long run.
2015-10-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

It's ok, you have gone the shortest route to satisfaction.
Better to be safe than sorry, down the road. We all know this from past personal experience.

Enjoy the time off, and get familiar with the manuals and those numerous helpful or entertaining YouTube videos... ;-)

See you in the air, soon.

RedHotPoker
2015-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules