Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO Dead Battery?
11500 22 2015-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alkrantz73
lvl.1
United States

Hi everyone,

I just recieved my Osmo today and it will not power on.

When I insert the battery into the OSMO unit itself and try to toggle the power on switch nothing happens at all.

When I insert the power adpater into the wall the green light comes on, regardless of if the battery is into it or not. When I insert the battery into the charger the greenlight stays on and there is no idicator of whether the battery is being charged or not.

Anyone else seeing similiar issues? Any ideas?

EDIT: This may be a stupid question, but currently there is a little black “pull-tab” on the battery. Am I supposed to remove it? It doesn’t come off easily so I didn't want to force it.
Thanks
-Aaron

2015-10-26
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

If the battery is not full, red light should be on once u put it into the charger.

could u plz push the battery a little to make sure the metal parts on battery and the charger is connected(the light should be red). There may be a connection problem.

let me know if it works.
2015-10-26
Use props
alkrantz73
lvl.1
United States

Thanks this is resolved. Not sure what changed really. I removed and reinserted the battery into the charger a half dozen times and the last time it just started working.
2015-10-26
Use props
rdteam111.dji
R&D Team

Hong Kong

Thanks for your interest in DJI OSMO, and sorry for the problem brought to you.
It seems the contact between battery and charge is not good. You can replace the battery and charge with new ones, pls. contact our DJI supporing team.
Also thanks for your great suggestion.
2015-10-27
Use props
Richardrambone
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine had a clear protective film over the contacts on the battery I had to peel off.
2015-11-2
Use props
rdteam111.dji
R&D Team

Hong Kong

Pls. DO NOT remove the little black "pull-tab", and keep it. It helps to remove battery from OSMO easily. Thanks.
2015-11-4
Use props
elie85
lvl.1

Lebanon

Hi, I have the same issue, After inserting the battery, the LeD charger keeps green. Any suggestions?? Thank you
2015-11-7
Use props
John Osmo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have the same problem with a brand new battery I ordered from Expansys.Com. The battery would show that it is fully charged when inserted into the charger (the green light stays on) but when inserted into the OSMO, it won't power up. I have to other batteries and they are OK. Definitely bad battery.

I have spoken to Expansys and initiated a return for exchange process.

2015-11-24
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

John Osmo Posted at 2015-11-24 19:44
I have the same problem with a brand new battery I ordered from Expansys.Com. The battery would show ...

Hi, the new battery needed to be activated first. Please insert the battery into the charger and fully charge it until the led of the charger turns green.
For your information, if the charger is not connecting the power and the battery was inserted on the charger, the led will turn to green no mattery how many battery power left. Please connect the charger to the power and then insert the battery to check the led status.
2015-11-25
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

elie85 Posted at 2015-11-7 22:45
Hi, I have the same issue, After inserting the battery, the LeD charger keeps green. Any suggestions ...

It's normal, please connect the charger with the power supply and then insert the battery to check the charger led.
2015-11-25
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Richardrambone Posted at 2015-11-3 06:41
Mine had a clear protective film over the contacts on the battery I had to peel off.

DO NOT remove the little black "pull-tab",please keep it. It helps to remove battery from OSMO easily and it won't effect the connection. Thanks.
2015-11-25
Use props
djytst
New

South Korea

My battery has the same problem- the charger led light is always green and isn't charging, but when i try it with another battery that my friend owns, it works. I guess my battery is dead, but I'm also hearing that many people are having the same issue. Do you think it's a simple battery issue? I've been seing a lot of people with the same problem, get back to me if anyone has any more information.check my video.

2015-12-6
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
First Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

djytst Posted at 2015-12-6 16:10
My battery has the same problem- the charger led light is always green and isn't charging, but when  ...

you need a new battery, Mine did the exact same thing as yours did in the video , bad battery
2015-12-10
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

djytst Posted at 2015-12-6 16:10
My battery has the same problem- the charger led light is always green and isn't charging, but when  ...

Hi,
1)Have you tried to charge your battery using your friend's charger? It's possible that the charger is damaged.  Please try to charge it using another charger and see if the LED light turns to red.  And make sure that Pin is well connected.
Fully charge the battery until the led light on the charger turns into green.
2)Reboot and upgrade the OSMO: Copy the upgrade bin file into the SD card. Hold the trigger and record button, and pull down the power button at the same time. Hold it until the right led blinks red and green. Then try to upgrade the OSMO into v. 1.2.1.60. (The OSMO will update automatically with the bin file in the SD card, please wait about 20 minutes for the uprade, the left led becomes solid green means the upgrade is successful)
2015-12-11
Use props
lopez.shaun
lvl.1

United States

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2015-12-11 01:10
you need a new battery, Mine did the exact same thing as yours did in the video , bad battery

did you end up contacting DJI and getting new charger and battery? Mine is doing this on the second day ever of shooting.
2015-12-13
Use props
lopez.shaun
lvl.1

United States

I tried all of the above and still no resolution! I have contacted DJI support with issue. Are we to going to get new charger and battery after sending in the defect?
2015-12-13
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

lopez.shaun Posted at 2015-12-14 07:59
I tried all of the above and still no resolution! I have contacted DJI support with issue. Are we to ...

Hi, can you still charge the battery? If you've contact DJI support, they will arrange you  a ticket for RMA or replacement.
2015-12-13
Use props
EXPO
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-14 00:08
Hi, can you still charge the battery? If you've contact DJI support, they will arrange you  a tick ...

sorry for late response: as of this post the batery is charging fine. Assuming the charger had to "drain" for a day?
2015-12-21
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

EXPO Posted at 2015-12-22 03:05
sorry for late response: as of this post the batery is charging fine. Assuming the charger had to  ...

You’ve possible noticed that even if the charger is not connected to the power socket, when you insert the battery, the charger LED will turn to green. This is because that the charger LED is powered by the battery instead of the power supply so it will be green no matter how many power left in the battery, to make sure the battery is fully charged, you need to connect the charger to the power socket and check whether the charger LED is green or not. So your probelm solved?
2015-12-21
Use props
Damian
New

United States

I have the same issue. Received my OSMO yesterday with 3 batteries. All read solid green on the charger but when I put them in the OSMO they have either been drained more or will not power OSMO at all. I leave them on the charger for an hour and a half at a time and still doesn't gain strength. Bad charger?
2015-12-22
Use props
aambrose
lvl.1
United States

My spare battery did EXACTLY the same thing. It never did work from the day I received it. I think DJI has a messed up batch of batteries. I just tried holding down the record button, photo button, AND the trigger while powering on the Osmo and it worked! When sliding the power switch down, I held it in the down position for about 3-4 seconds then released it along with the buttons and trigger and it powered up. Both batteries seem to be working fine now. Hope this helps others.
2015-12-29
Use props
user7fc97d1b9c
New

United States

Im experiencing same issue as Damian above. Brand new with 3 batteries, all fully charged,  yet when inserted, the osmo led blinks red on right side immediately then powers off. It was working previously for approx 5 minutes..???
2016-8-29
Use props
CyFA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1372369 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

I had / have the same problem.
At the end i bought another 2 chargers (3 in total) as they showed the battery full when i knew it was not.
Now i only have one that is working correctly due to some batteries show full in some chargers ... and hope it stays like that.
Do not wish to buy a fourth charger. :/
2017-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules