Osmo Fan Keeps Running
1573 8 2015-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shnips6
New
Canada

I recently recieved the DJI Osmo.
How long is the fan supposed to run once it is turned on from no use?

I have not had a chance to really use it yet but during set up and minor/casual use exploring the features, I never heard the fan go off at all.

It was probably 5 - 7 minutes from turning it on and the fan was still on. Is this normal or do I have a defective device?

I also had a heck of a time registering it through the app and have encounter occassions where I am gettinng no visual through the app when the wi-fi is connected and I am in camera view. I am starting to believe it is a defective unit.
2015-10-27
Use props
BayArea99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197336 ft
United States

The fan seems to run all the time on all units making the internal mic useless.

So did you get a good WiFI connection to the Osmo? My unit connected and had no problem during the activation process, it went quite quickly through it.

On my unit the only problem I am seeing is the fan running all the time. Other than that, the unit works great.
2015-10-27
Use props
Photergraphy
lvl.1

Malaysia

Did your unit get really hot even the fan is running?  I got the heat problem even the fan was running.
2015-10-31
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

Yeah it runs pretty hot but it doesn't over heat and shut down. Actually I find the unit is much cooler once you actually use it out in the open and running around. It doesn't like sitting around
2015-10-31
Use props
terence lim
lvl.1

Malaysia

lol, will give it a try in outdoor than. Thanks.
2015-10-31
Use props
dennismurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

sdchew Posted at 2015-10-31 08:05
Yeah it runs pretty hot but it doesn't over heat and shut down. Actually I find the unit is much coo ...

Yeah..I found this out too...while sitting playing with the settings and moving the switches etc it gets pretty hot...I went outdoors and was moving around and the camera didnt get nearly as hot...so maybe it needs the fan AND movement...like an air cooled engine?
2015-11-1
Use props
Phantom Paul
lvl.2

Philippines

BayArea99 Posted at 2015-10-28 07:12
The fan seems to run all the time on all units making the internal mic useless.

So did you get a go ...

I'm very disappointed with the built-in mic. Totally useless & now considering an external mic. Problem is those nice DSLR mics have hot shoe & this mean I need to buy DJI universal mount & straight arm.
2015-11-1
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

Phantom Paul Posted at 2015-11-2 07:35
I'm very disappointed with the built-in mic. Totally useless & now considering an external mic. Pr ...

Yeah the internal mic is pretty weak. However, it appears to have quite good wind resistance
2015-11-2
Use props
Phantom Paul
lvl.2

Philippines

sdchew Posted at 2015-11-2 21:42
Yeah the internal mic is pretty weak. However, it appears to have quite good wind resistance

With the built-in mic, you almost can't hear anything!  
2015-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules