Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO AND DJI APP Keep losing connection
12Next >
21090 45 2015-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
b.stasik
New

United States

Hey Guys! So I just recieved my OSMO. I already activated it and updated the firmware fyi. So I tried to test the camera out today and I am running into a few problems.

First, when I turn the osmo on and look for the WIFI on my IPHONE 6s PLUS it doesnt turn up. I have to restart the OSMO a few times, sometimes that doesnt work and I'm forced to reset the OSMO's wifi setttings and hope for the best.

Now lets say I'm lucky enough to connect, and I'm just messing around with settings and getting a feel for the camera and BOOM, wifi lost, picture lost. I go to my phone and the wifi doesnt appear in the available wifi's. So now im forced to shut the camera down and do another reset. Please tell me I'm doing something wrong because this cannot be the norm. Thanks in advance everyone !!

Bart
2015-11-16
Use props
tonywang
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Please use another phone, better an Android one, to try again.
2015-11-16
Use props
BayArea99
lvl.4
Flight distance : 197336 ft
United States

Try both 2.4 and 5.8GHz WIFI. Have you tried it with another phone or tablet? If it still has problems it's probably the OSMO. I use a IPhone 6 Plus 5.8GHz WIFI and connects right away.
2015-11-16
Use props
k3n_mown
New

Indonesia

Hi DJi. Im also facing the same problem with the wifi connection.

currently I'm using iPhone 6 plus. and wherever i move the osmo it will suddenly go Black out.

and my IOS is up to date. also with My DJI Go.

so my question, for this issue is it consider as malfunction product? and should i go to the store and ask for replacement?

i think the wifi Is still connected. it just that i can't see the picture in the screen (this issues happen both in pics mode and video mode).

i can tell why its working by. huge noise on the fan. also want to ask why its's very hot with the camera surface. when i turned it on.

please help me to fix this issue. because i can't use it to take video and pics

cheers and should we use the landscape mode or portrait mode when we launch the dji go?
2015-11-16
Use props
k3n_mown
New

Indonesia

and how do you restart the dji osmo? is it buy turning the power off on button?
2015-11-16
Use props
Bruklin
New

United States

BayArea99 Posted at 2015-11-16 20:12
Try both 2.4 and 5.8GHz WIFI. Have you tried it with another phone or tablet? If it still has proble ...

Is there a way to change this setting on a IOS device ? I don't think so, if there is, please let me know !
2015-11-16
Use props
Bruklin
New

United States

k3n_mown Posted at 2015-11-16 20:45
and how do you restart the dji osmo? is it buy turning the power off on button?

Correct, I restart by holding the power for 2-3 seconds to power down. If you are referring to the Wifi Reset, you hold the trigger and the shutter and then power on until you see the Green status light blink and then let go of the power button before letting go of the trigger.
2015-11-16
Use props
Bruklin
New

United States

tonywang Posted at 2015-11-16 20:06
Please use another phone, better an Android one, to try again.

The correct answer is not to get an Android, which I will never do, NEVER. Besides, the company lists both IOS and Android devices as being compatible.
2015-11-16
Use props
k3n_mown
New

Indonesia

yes you can change the wifi setup under settings.
2015-11-16
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, please try the following things:
1)Try 2.4G and 5.8G wifi, and make sure there is no other same frequency emitting device.
2)Please try to use another compatible device,
3) If you can't find the wifi signal of OSMO, please try to reset the wifi setting.
4) If the problem persists, then it's the problem of wifi module, please contact our technical support for help.
Thanks.
2015-11-16
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

k3n_mown Posted at 2015-11-17 09:44
Hi DJi. Im also facing the same problem with the wifi connection.

currently I'm using iPhone 6 plus ...

When your app blacks out, does the camera osd info and wifi signal, battery signal still available? Can you see the video transmission when you enter the camera? Can you still take photos? Please check the files in sd card.
About the fan noise, is it constant or becomes louder when you move the gimbal? The gimbal can becomes very hot after working for a long time, but as long as the fan is working, the gimbal won't have problem.
2015-11-16
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Bruklin Posted at 2015-11-17 09:51
Is there a way to change this setting on a IOS device ? I don't think so, if there is, please let  ...

Yes, you can go to the wifi setting on the app and choose different wifi.
2015-11-16
Use props
Bruklin
New

United States

Thanks for the responses guys, I changed the freq to 5.8G and my Iphone 6s plus seems to be picking it up better. I'll try to shoot some videos tomorrow and ill be back with an update! Hopefully it will be reliable !! Thanks again
2015-11-16
Use props
jjkim.orange
lvl.1
United States

check your bottom lock. i thought i was supposed to unlock everything including the bottom one which basically disconnects the camera and the handel,  DO NOT unlock that.
2015-11-17
Use props
sdchew
lvl.4

Singapore

jjkim.orange Posted at 2015-11-18 04:52
check your bottom lock. i thought i was supposed to unlock everything including the bottom one which ...

Yes that could explain the blackouts when you move.

I too nearly made that mistake when I started out
2015-11-17
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

jjkim.orange Posted at 2015-11-18 04:52
check your bottom lock. i thought i was supposed to unlock everything including the bottom one which ...

Do you mean the gimbal lock? {:3_41:} That's for detaching the camera, it's not the motor lock. You need to unlock all the motor lock including the pan axis lock before using. If the camera was detached , it won' t effect the wifi signal since the wifi module is inside the handle. But the disconnection of the camera will definately result no video transmission on the app.
2015-11-17
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

sdchew Posted at 2015-11-18 09:09
Yes that could explain the blackouts when you move.

I too nearly made that mistake when I starte ...

Should we warn customer about this in our user manual?  
2015-11-17
Use props
Bruklin
New

United States

Ok so after two more days of experimenting with the Osmo I can say that there is a issue connecting with the Wifi. I've changed the bands a few times to do tests. It takes me 3 times on average of turning the osmo on and off to get the Wifi to show up on my current generation Iphone. I am getting an andriod phone as a loaner from my friend to really see if thats the issue.
2015-11-18
Use props
k3n_mown
New

Indonesia

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-18 10:21

YESSSS this is the solution
i accidentally UNLOCK everything

how stupid of me.. tks for the tips guys..

by any chance never unlock the Bottom part one (the motor LOCK)

it will detach ur camera with the stick.. and the result is when u move the OSMO it will cause Black out

its not the wifi problem. it just when u detached it. the camera will lose the power. bit by bit. making it look like a wifi connection lost.

i tried it again without unlocking it. and it work perfectly…

i think it best to Put a Big Note. in the user manual.. with a warning SIGN
tks heaps all
2015-11-18
Use props
k3n_mown
New

Indonesia

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-18 10:21

YESSSS this is the solution
i accidentally UNLOCK everything

how stupid of me.. tks for the tips guys..

by any chance never unlock the Bottom part one (the motor LOCK)

it will detach ur camera with the stick.. and the result is when u move the OSMO it will cause Black out

its not the wifi problem. it just when u detached it. the camera will lose the power. bit by bit. making it look like a wifi connection lost.

i tried it again without unlocking it. and it work perfectly…

i think it best to Put a Big Note. in the user manual.. with a warning SIGN
tks heaps all
2015-11-18
Use props
k3n_mown
New

Indonesia

jjkim.orange Posted at 2015-11-18 03:52

yes Problem SOLVED.. tks heaps bro.. this is the solution of the WIFI problem i'm facing

HI 5  

tks for the tips.
2015-11-18
Use props
k3n_mown
New

Indonesia

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-18 10:17
Do you mean the gimbal lock?  That's for detaching the camera, it's not the motor lock. You ...

yes the GIMBAL lock. i thought it is part of the motor lock.

instead of unlocking 3 times.. i did like 4 times.

that's what cause the black out..

DJI should put a Big note for that..

anyway tks all
2015-11-18
Use props
jjkim.orange
lvl.1
United States

glad it helped!!! Gosh, i felt stupid, too at first, BUT if this is too common like this (maybe not, but), they should def warn, haha!
2015-11-18
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Bruklin Posted at 2015-11-18 22:58
Ok so after two more days of experimenting with the Osmo I can say that there is a issue connecting  ...

Do you mean that you need to restart the OSMO several times before wifi connection?
What kind of mobile device have you tried? Does this problem occur at all the phones?
2015-11-18
Use props
jd4714
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28533 ft
United States

Received my Osmo today, updated firmware, everything seemed to work fine then the screen went black except for the camera info.  I have an iPhone 6+ with the latest updates, tried restarting everything in addition to the tips mentioned here...any advice?

My Osmo seems to be working fine with the exception of me being not able to see what I'm shooting.

Thanks,
JD
2015-11-18
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

jd4714 Posted at 2015-11-19 14:11
Received my Osmo today, updated firmware, everything seemed to work fine then the screen went black  ...

Did you use the original SD card? Try to take out the sd card and see if the video transmission recovered.
Please check if the wifi signal and battery info is available.
2015-11-19
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

jd4714 Posted at 2015-11-19 14:11
Received my Osmo today, updated firmware, everything seemed to work fine then the screen went black  ...

Did you use the original SD card? Try to take out the sd card and see if the video transmission recovered.
Please check if the wifi signal and battery info is available.
2015-11-19
Use props
jd4714
lvl.1
United States

Yes, it's the original SD card.  Took the card out and my phone doesn't pick up the wifi, put the card back in and wifi shows up but still no image.  Wifi signal and battery info is available, no display of what your shooting.
2015-11-19
Use props
Salboogie

United States

jd4714 Posted at 2015-11-19 11:52
Yes, it's the original SD card.  Took the card out and my phone doesn't pick up the wifi, put the ca ...

if your using an iphone make sure your connecting to the osmo in wifi settings ...happens to me all the time and its annoying i have to go in the wifi settings and connect to the osmo otherwise its a blank screen no video
2015-11-19
Use props
jd4714
lvl.1
United States

Yes, my iphone is connecting to the camera via wifi as I can read and change the camera settings, see battery info etc.  It just won't display what I'm shooting.  Glad I bought it here in the States so it's easier to return which is what I'm planning on doing if I can't get it going tonight...
2015-11-19
Use props
jjkim.orange
lvl.1
United States

jd4714 Posted at 2015-11-19 16:56
Yes, my iphone is connecting to the camera via wifi as I can read and change the camera settings, se ...

did.. um.. take out the lens cap...? sorry. had to ask because i didn't take out the lens cap for 30 sec and thought the screen had an error, lol!
2015-11-20
Use props
Bruklin
New

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-18 21:31
Do you mean that you need to restart the OSMO several times before wifi connection?
What kind of  ...

Hey Amy, yes that means that I usually have to restart the osmo 2-3 times before the wifi shows up on my Iphone 6s Plus. Its only slightly annoying as its reliable to start after a few tries. I have not tried it with an android yet, but I have tried with several iphones and ipads with the same results.
2015-11-20
Use props
maxhahne
New

Canada

I have a iphone 5 and a new ipnone 6s.

nothing keeps the wifi signal to the Osmo.  Couple secs and blank sceen.
2015-12-21
Use props
martin.bustgaar
New

Sweden

Same for me... I upgraded to the latest firmwire two days ago and since then, the Osmo cant hold any wifi signals....
2015-12-27
Use props
rodAndTheCat
First Officer

New Zealand

martin.bustgaar Posted at 2015-12-28 08:55
Same for me... I upgraded to the latest firmwire two days ago and since then, the Osmo cant hold any ...

Hi, I'm sure by now you have read the DJI apologies for that upgrade, but if you haven't, it appears that their apparently untested upgrade trashes the wifi link.  They offer to repair all such affected devices free of charge- good of them eh!!
Rod and the cat
2015-12-27
Use props
Poindexter
lvl.1

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-18 11:21

Weeeeeeell.  It took me about 10 different tries on 2 different devices to finally find this thread and discover you don't want to unlock the one on the handle.  I was pretty upset about my new Osmo until finding out that's what I was doing wrong.  

I would advise having a removable sticker explaining this or putting it into the app.
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Poindexter Posted at 2016-4-19 07:27
Weeeeeeell.  It took me about 10 different tries on 2 different devices to finally find this threa ...

Hello!
Sorry about any trouble you've had with the Osmo.
For a better understanding of the Osmo's functions and features, please go through the official User Manual, there are also some FAQ in case you have similar problems. Website: http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads

If you have any other issue or concern, please contact us freely.
2016-4-18
Use props
Poindexter
lvl.1

I figured it out and am happy.  I'm just suggesting your packaging team consider doing a little more than just saying "unlock the gimbal" in the app.  Trying to be a helpful customer; not a complainer.  
2016-4-19
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Poindexter Posted at 2016-4-19 19:54
I figured it out and am happy.  I'm just suggesting your packaging team consider doing a little more ...

Thanks for your suggestion! I'm happy for you at the same time.
2016-4-19
Use props
andrew.lochhead
New

Australia

jd4714 Posted at 2015-11-20 08:56
Yes, my iphone is connecting to the camera via wifi as I can read and change the camera settings, se ...

Mine is doing the same thing, not sure what to do ?
2016-9-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules