OSMO Activation Tutorial
31521 15 2015-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

osmo-activation.jpg
The next step after unboxing your brand new osmo is device activation.
We will describe the procedure of osmo activation:
1.      Turn on the OSMO
2.      Go to Wi-Fi settings and connect to OSMOxxxxxx Wi-Fi (password 12341234)
3.      Run the DJI GO > OSMO> Enter the camera view
316479128.jpg

4.      Press “Next”
602125759.jpg

5.      Enter your DJI ID
2124474742.jpg

6.      Connect to another Wi-Fi with internet access to send your activation data to DJI server
156596998.jpg

7.      Go back to DJI GO

8.      Press “Activate”

9.      After your data will be sent to server, please connect back to OSMO Wi-Fi and run DJI GO
1453984345.jpg
10.  Activation Successful
811443734.jpg

2015-11-17
Use props
julie
New
Flight distance : 31480 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you!  When I do this, the app immediately asks me to login to my DJI account.  No problem except... the wifi is set to the Osmo so obviously cannot get online!  So then I disconnect, go onto my house wifi (or data) and the app shows that I am already logged in.  Ugh.  Major glitches.  I am on iphone and I just updated to the most recent DJI GO update.  
2015-11-22
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

julie@elysiumpr Posted at 2015-11-23 10:30
Thank you!  When I do this, the app immediately asks me to login to my DJI account.  No problem exce ...

Hi, Julie!
What you have to do is disconnect from the osmo WiFi, connect to another WiFi, go back to app so it will notify you to connect back to osmo WiFi to continue the activation process. And.. it's done{:3_52:}
2015-11-22
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

julie@elysiumpr Posted at 2015-11-23 10:30
Thank you!  When I do this, the app immediately asks me to login to my DJI account.  No problem exce ...

Also, you can login to your DJI account before doing activation
2015-11-22
Use props
Skyrider
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-11-23
Use props
mccarty.video
New

United States

This does not work on Android OS.
2015-11-28
Use props
Chicagophil
New

United States

How do I get back tho the activation screen again? It didn't work for me the first time and now the screen doesn't show up on my dpi go app.
Any suggestions?
2015-12-3
Use props
pveauvy
New

France

It doesn't work with Android... could you please tell us how to activate this nice and expensive camera...
2015-12-4
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tim, I followed the OSMO Tutorial on activation. Everything went smooth as silk. No issues at all.
thanks
2015-12-10
Use props
frankhoppen
New

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-11-22 18:45
Also, you can login to your DJI account before doing activation

Dear DJI-Tim, thank you for helping. Got mine today and trying your steps. Switing from OSMO wifi to Home wifi. Full wifi but when signing in this error
Sign in failed.
OK
comes up on iphone and also ipads used.
Is your server down, or any other step missed.
2015-12-29
Use props
beau.holguin
New

United States

I'm having a similar problem. I follow the steps, but when I get to step 8 I get a message that says "Activation Failed. Contact DJI Support if you cannot activate your aircraft" I reset the wifi, updated the firmware, reset the wifi again and tried to use the web chat support. Their advice was to send an email, which I did. 5 days ago I received a notice that a ticket was created and someone would be contacting me. Nothing. Today I called and spent an hour on hold. When I told the person who answered that my osmo didn't work I was transferred and put on hold again. Charles answered, listened to what was wrong and told me to wait an hour then reset the wifi again. He said he would send me an email which I could reply to if that didn't solve my problem. I never received that email. Now I have to call back and spend another hour on hold just so I can get instructions to return this useless piece of $650 plastic.
2016-1-4
Use props
Vliegende Braba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36591 ft

beau.holguin Posted at 2016-1-5 09:35
I'm having a similar problem. I follow the steps, but when I get to step 8 I get a message that says ...

I have a different problem with the activation. When I follow the activation manual everything goes fine, untill DJI Go finally uploads the data via my home wifi, and then after a few seconds I get the message: activation failed Active Failed(ServerNoAvailableDevices) contact dji support if it persists after restart

I have mounted my I1 X3 (the white one) with updated software (OSMO_FW_V01.06.02.10)

Anybody knows how to fix it? I have three days left for money back guarantee.

Thanks
2016-4-23
Use props
wbillib
New

Germany

Vliegende Braba Posted at 2016-4-23 13:58
I have a different problem with the activation. When I follow the activation manual everything goe ...

I had the same problem, it was not possible, with my Samsung Duos smartphone, to upload the registration data to the server,
but by using another smartphone, a Motorola Moto G 2, the activation was successfull,
so, it is only a smartphone issue.

After the activation, later, I could also use my Samsung Duos smartphone, so its only a question, to finish the activation process with a smartphone, that didn`t clear the cache, when changing between 2 wifi stations.
2016-7-17
Use props
fans372ef3a6
New

United States

Been trying for two days to activate OSMO-no luck.  Every attempt is a dead end.  I've tried numerous strategies learned from online posters and help lines.  And I've updated the firmware. Seriously disappointed in this product and activation protocol. Total failure.  
I cannot activate the device because I can't get online to the OSMO WIFI network.  My iPhone 6 won't recognize it and then nothing can move forward since the camera isn't activated.  About five minutes away from simply send this thing back and buying from a competitor.  

VERY disappointed and frustrated at this entire process.  Again-TOTAL FAILURE.
2017-7-2
Use props
fans372ef3a6
New

United States

rodger Posted at 2015-12-10 07:53
Tim, I followed the OSMO Tutorial on activation. Everything went smooth as silk. No issues at all.
thanks

Sorry.  Don't believe you...
2017-7-2
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans372ef3a6 Posted at 2017-7-2 08:35
Sorry.  Don't believe you...

Who asked you