Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
One Shot Walkthrough - 'Strings' Ramen Restaurant
2194 9 2015-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ianwarsenault
lvl.2

United States

http://youtu.be/zD2-kAxUEfs
2015-11-18
Use props
setiawan3d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7861 ft
United States

Nice one...
Do you use manual setting on ISO and shutter speed for this shot?

Set
2015-11-18
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for sharing!
2015-11-18
Use props
ianwarsenault
lvl.2

United States

...there it is!
2015-11-18
Use props
ianwarsenault
lvl.2

United States

setiawan3d Posted at 2015-11-18 17:58
Nice one...
Do you use manual setting on ISO and shutter speed for this shot?

Totallllllly (spelled weird because there's a ten character minimum when replying).
2015-11-18
Use props
nwhit3
New

United States

This is what I was hoping to get from Osmo. However, under similar lighting, I am getting EXTREMELY grainy video whether set to automatic or set manually.

Can you tell us what your settings were for your video? I need to try them to see if perhaps I have a defective unit. As you'll see in the screenshots below, what I'm getting now for video is terrible and unusable. Stills are fine, but video is BAD.

2015-11-19
Use props
ianwarsenault
lvl.2

United States

nwhit3 Posted at 2015-11-20 10:45
This is what I was hoping to get from Osmo. However, under similar lighting, I am getting EXTREMELY  ...

I think my footage wasn't far off from that straight out of the camera. I just did a little color grading on mine. Here's a helpful video that gives some great tools for quick corrections like these:
2015-11-24
Use props
nwhit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 374 ft
United States

ianwarsenault Posted at 2015-11-24 20:47
I think my footage wasn't far off from that straight out of the camera. I just did a little color  ...

As a long time pro videographer, I'm familiar with color grading. But that isn't the issue nor a cure for the issue under discussion. It's grain and color splotching. Comes from either a bad sensor or having a high ISO setting that isn't truly supported by the lens/sensor/software.

As I have said, the Osmo is new and very different. I have seen several quite good and very usable low light videos online shot on the Osmo. Thus either quite a few people are lying about these videos being from an Osmo, or else a bunch of use got units that are somehow defective/not operating correctly.

I don't expect the Osmo to do as good a job at low light as my Nikons or pro Panny, but I would be happy to get the results I have seen quite a few times in demo videos (non-DJI videos).

Since I have been unable to get anyone who has shot decent low light video to share settings (just to see if there is some trick to getting decent results), I returned the unit to the dealer for an exchange. I can then see if a new unit is any better. The one I had simply did not produce a low light video in similar lighting conditions to anything I've seen online. What I get is completely unusable due to massive grain and color splotching.
2015-11-29
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

ianwarsenault Posted at 2015-11-18 16:14
https://youtu.be/zD2-kAxUEfs
...there it is!

Great low light performance. settings ?
2015-11-30
Use props
ianwarsenault
lvl.2

United States

Here's my closest recollection of my specs when I shot the Strings walkthrough.

Resolution: 1080P 30fps
Format: MOV
Standard: NTSC
ISO: 3200
Shutter: 30
White Balance: AWB.
Color: None (shot before we had options)
2015-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules