Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
TOP 10 common pilot errors
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tarikciftci
New

United Kingdom

Need help pls anyone
2016-1-4
Use props
tarikciftci
New

United Kingdom

I have phantom 3 professional when I shoot video while using samsung S6 edge after flight when I view my video it's says 720p video how can I get 4k or 1080p video any idea.thanks
2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

tarikciftci Posted at 2016-1-5 07:10
I have phantom 3 professional when I shoot video while using samsung S6 edge after flight when I vie ...

You have to adjust it in a camera settings, however you cannot change the resolution of the video that is already shot
2016-1-4
Use props
dlew21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-11-19 11:52
I have heard of at least three guys openly admitting to it on this form and on RC groups.

Yah this guy on the first generation Phantom
2016-1-5
Use props
tykm
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the info
2016-1-6
Use props
flightfan
New
Poland

I'm a new user. My P3S is due to be delivered next week and I'm just digesting information before hand. Regarding the control stick shut down, I just discovered my boss at work got his P3S for Christmas. We had no idea each of us were interested in the drones until today. He told me about his and how excited he was about flying it, and then he said, "but I'm grounded right now". I said, "what happened?". Long story short, he is a little more bold than I and took that thing out of the box, read just enough to get him going and out he went. He was flying at night, shooting Xmas lights, the battery got low, and all of a sudden the 10 second RTH countdown came on and he panicked, because he knew there were trees between the drone and home. He said he just "pulled the sticks in" thinking that would get him down fast.....and it did.
2016-1-7
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

flightfan Posted at 2016-1-8 10:23
I'm a new user. My P3S is due to be delivered next week and I'm just digesting information before ha ...

There is a difference between throttle  down and CSC. Throttle down will not turn off your motors unless you are already landed.  CSC can turn off the motors right in a mid-air
2016-1-7
Use props
flightfan
New
Poland

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-7 22:46
There is a difference between throttle  down and CSC. Throttle down will not turn off your motors  ...

I'm not complaining, this is just an illustration how inexperience and not knowing joystick operation got this man in trouble. He panicked, and lost his drone. You never can predict what people do in an emergency with only seconds to act. Most of the time, it's wrong. He had some options, but fear usually destroys reason.  It's a far better man than I that can design a system to overcome those reactions.
2016-1-7
Use props
telmangr
New

Greece

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-8 05:46
There is a difference between throttle  down and CSC. Throttle down will not turn off your motors  ...

Please, let me share my experience and a useful tip for beginners because i ALMOST burn the 2 front  motors and break their propellers...

"You should ALWAYS stop the engine ONLY with left stick FULL down and NOT with CSC when aircraft is landed. Because it is much safer and there is NO possibility at all to accidentally crash the front (nose) side when landed"

When you make a CSC when the aircraft is already landed there is a big possibility to throttle the two backward motors so it will try to go forward by throtling the 2 back motors. SO the nose will hit down and the most possible scenario is to break the 2 front propellers or burn the front motors...

And i am telling you... this happened to me 3 times! not 1! ANd after that i realised that i can stop motors ONLY with the left stick which is safer.... and since then i never had problems again!
2016-1-9
Use props
andreluc.rousse
New

France

Nice post ! And im sure very usefull for me
2016-1-10
Use props
djpstudio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 743287 ft
Mauritius

thank you for all info. feel safer to fly :-)
2016-1-10
Use props
tedward13
New

Romania

Hello guys ...can i go in the plane with my phantom 3,  battery's and controller in the hard shell backpack??
2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

tedward13 Posted at 2016-1-12 01:28
Hello guys ...can i go in the plane with my phantom 3,  battery's and controller in the hard shell b ...

hello! mostly you can,  please check this thread http://forum.dji.com/thread-35939-1-1.html
i believe  you can find something useful for yourself in there
2016-1-11
Use props
cervezaguy
New

United States

Thanks so much for posting this.  I have no yet had a problem, but want to be a good student.
2016-1-11
Use props
TOROMBO
lvl.1

United States

Here is a video from North Miami !

hope everyone enjoys!
2016-1-11
Use props
tedward13
New

Romania

Thanks Tim
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Fly safe my friend
2016-1-12
Use props
djtimra4
New
Flight distance : 337218 ft
United States

+
My drone pha 3 pro took off and flew 2 1/2 miles .I hit the return home buttom but she continue to fly away.I searched everywhere and after 3 hours found it.That with help from the GPS tracking.I trying to put the upgrades on her now.I think the battery was drained pretty good,so Im getting a new one.I hope she flys again afterwards.
2016-1-14
Use props
leorvasquez
lvl.3
United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-11-20 10:09
If anyone is worried about doing a CSC mid-air, then you should definitely get my CSC Safety. I give ...

Waiting for my P3 Adv so I just ordered one to try. Thanks for the incredible offer.
2016-1-14
Use props
gedgar2016
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1700968 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-11-19 00:11
Nice logical information Tim

Written in a prefect way for all of us to understand....

Yeah, this is great stuff.  I KNOW,  since I've crashed (but have gotten REALLY lucky) because of EXACTLY a couple of them!  LOL (Cry OL?)  Yes, these are embarrassing.

1) I put new props on.  Spun them down until they stopped,  and figured I'd tighten them the next thing I flew.  I FORGOT!  USE A CHECKLIST!  Fortunately,  I flew for 5 minutes with no problems,  and the props did tighten A LITTLE.  A severe resonant vibration that I recreated indoors started, gave me strange warning messages (Engine Blockage,  Engine at Idle), and I was close enough,  and over grass, so I quickly landed.  No damage.  When I saw the cause, I felt like SUCH an idiot.  Use a checklist before takeoff.   Everyone can be an idiot on occation. Checklists are a key safety item in real aircraft.

2) FLYING OUT OF SIGHT VIA FPG ONLY IS REALLY REALLY FUN!  AND DECEPTIVELY DANGEROUS!  I'll still take the risks, but I know them much better now, and am MUCH more cautious.
I was flying down this little road,  increased my altitude to be "safer", and ran right into a powerline.  EPIC SPECTACULAR NEAR CRASH THAT I MUST POST!  The video is so perfect,  everything looks so good, and the collision comes as a complete shock.  The aircraft does a quick forward flip, gives an "Engine Overspeed" warning (desperately trying to right itself), and  recovers about a foot from the pavement, with the camera pointing at one of the landing skids!  I don't see how the camera can even point there.  It snaps back to stable, with the horizon crooked, and slowly climbs back up to the powerline altitude.  My FPV had flashed and gone black for a couple of seconds -- right as I saw the lines.  I was sure I killed my bird.  But the FPV came back, the bird was responsive.  The horizon even straightened.  I cautiously flew it back, inspected it, wiped gunk from the power lines off the front of the landing gear, and it has flown for many hours since then.  DJI MAKES STURDY PHANTOMS!  This video is spectacular, and would make a good advertisement for the P3P's resiliency.  Although it was partially a lucky mirical. LOL

I haven't duplicated any of the other scenarios, but they look VERY easy to fall into. SUPER GOOD POST THAT WILL SAVE A LOT OF MONEY AND HEARTACHE.

2016-1-16
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

gedgar2016 Posted at 2016-1-16 05:37
Yeah, this is great stuff.  I KNOW,  since I've crashed (but have gotten REALLY lucky) because of  ...

Nice share gedgar

Yes, we all have the moments that would be nice  to have back again.   Some of these learning experiences can be very costly. I use the check list too and this is one way to make sure you get it right.
one of the problems I am faced with is the many firmware updates and software updates that change all of our settings. You cannot depend on the default settings after doing updates.

Be Sure to check your software (App) settings before flying after completing the DJI GO App updates or firmware updates on the aircraft

Rich
2016-1-16
Use props
leorvasquez
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for the awesome feedback as I patiently wait for my P3 Adv. Does anyone have a check list to share or this something that will be on my DJI GO App?
2016-1-16
Use props
Gory Lori
New
Turks and Caicos Islands

Hi Tim,
I am a fresh newbie at understanding drones (PHANTOM 3 ADV) and your report of the common mistakes was very pertinent to me as I have to drum it into me head NOT to shut off the propellers in med flight by moving the control sticks to the positions that cause issues.
I am sure I might do this once or twice as I learn...but it could be costly....
I'll try to remember your points.
Thanks.
2016-1-17
Use props
rudiahlers
New

South Africa

Thanx for the useful tips!
2016-1-18
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Gory Lori Posted at 2016-1-18 07:41
Hi Tim,
I am a fresh newbie at understanding drones (PHANTOM 3 ADV) and your report of the common mi ...

Just keep it in mind
2016-1-18
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

leorvasquez Posted at 2016-1-17 13:17
Thanks for the awesome feedback as I patiently wait for my P3 Adv. Does anyone have a check list to  ...

You can check my other recent threads, there are few of them about DJI GO
2016-1-18
Use props
artichoke
lvl.1

United States

I'm a new user of P3A, only flown it twice so far.  So I'm not an experienced flyer by any means.  No problems so far.

But I am alarmed about the CSC.  If it's not a natural movement for an experienced flyer, what about an inexperienced one?  Please make it a bit harder to do this by accident.

I know we're not supposed to fly over anything that could be damaged by a falling drone, but that's hard to count on.  I live in a residential area and to go anywhere, I must either follow streets or go across people's yards.  In either case I could hit a house, or a car, or a person if my drone starts falling uncontrollably out of the sky.  On the other hand, the probability of being in the same horizontal position as a police helicopter or rescue vehicle that I have to fall to get out of the way from is much smaller, because in the years I have lived here, there has not been a single such flying object except for a bird or insect anywhere in my line of sight, at under 400' altitude.  Never.  Not even a drone, because I'll be the first.  Calculate the probabilities.  The probability of causing damage by accidentally CSC'ing is thousands or millions of times greater for me than the probability that I'll need it to avoid something carrying humans at my altitude.

So please change the CSC to be something harder to cause by accident.

If I have accidentally triggered CSC and am tumbling through the air, is it possible to restart the drone and try to recover?
2016-1-18
Use props
adeluisa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8235 ft
Spain

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-11-21 03:00
No problem, I understand.  I am Dave not Tim by the way.

Adding an extra button to the CSC c ...

I Kwnon two more case of CSC mistakes during the last week, the resukt was crashe using the CSC command, both are a risk against safety, I think that DJI must find a best way to stop motors soon. Safety is the priority.
2016-1-20
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

adeluisa@telefo Posted at 2016-1-20 00:52
I Kwnon two more case of CSC mistakes during the last week, the resukt was crashe using the CSC co ...

I think people need to know the aircraft before they fly. I was never at risk of doing a CSC in flight because I knew exactly what would happen if I did a CSC in flight. I also knew why it was a necessary feature.

Also CSC is not a natural stick combination when flying. I have been flying RC for over 20 years and I have never done a CSC. Only time I can think of anyone wanting to do that stick combination would be if they were flying a 3D airplane.

Dave
2016-1-20
Use props
Keithmbates
New
Flight distance : 427211 ft
United States

you misspelled assists on solution ten
2016-1-21
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Keithmbates Posted at 2016-1-22 10:41
you misspelled assists on solution ten

oh, thanks for pointing this out! I meant "has its", the words just stuck together
2016-1-21
Use props
2thumbsup
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1861201 ft
  • >>>
United States

Despite having read stories about people thinking DJI does not care about its end user meaning us the pilot , I have to disagree , I think DJI very much does care about us , personally I would not do business with a company that didn't , but only to sell it's product only to make a profit. Thank you DJI
2016-1-23
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

2thumbsup@front Posted at 2016-1-24 04:15
Despite having read stories about people thinking DJI does not care about its end user meaning us th ...

Thanks for supporting DJI!
2016-1-24
Use props
gedgar2016
lvl.3
United States

telmangr Posted at 2016-1-10 02:33
Please, let me share my experience and a useful tip for beginners because i ALMOST burn the 2 fron ...

ME TOO.  Didn't hurt anything because it tipped in grass, but I replaced the props anyway.  After the second time I saw the light.  I'm not sure CSC shutdown should exist period.
2016-1-25
Use props
gedgar2016
lvl.3
United States

This MAY be a tad off topic, but since I'm lying here with a broken pelvis, and some broken ribs it's a good share.  When you screw up, and the methods to do so given here  are GREAT ones, there is a very good chance your P3 will end up in a very precarious spot.  And if you're like me, you'll have grown rather fond of it.  DON'T GET IMPATIENT!  I ended up near the top of a tall evergreen tree in FL.  I simply steped sideways 10', before walking down the street it was going to "follow me" down.  But of course it followed me stepping into the street, and into the tree..  OBVIOUS, STUPID, but the thing was in the tree.

I'm 60, and a 22 year old friend said he wouldn't climb it.  If I had been in great condition I could have pulled it off.  WITH RISK THOUGH.

Halfway down, I was tired, put to much weight on a branch, and fell 10' or so, flat on my back onto some grass/ground (crummy grass LOL), which was soft because of some monsoon like rains we'd had.  My head missed the sidewalk by inches.  I was slowed by some branches, but remember asking myself, "Where is the ground?!"  A minor pelvis fracture and some ribs.  Still incredibly painful and expensive.  I let my insurance lapse.  Send donations to: LOL Not that expensive.  I COULD EASILY HAVE END UP PARALYZED, DEAD...  It WAS (IS A week has passed.  But they say 6 to 8 weeks.) hard to feel lucky, but I WAS.

FINDING YOUR BELOVED BIRD IN A DANGEROUS PLACE TO GET TO IS NOT UNCOMMON.  EVEN THOUGH YOU'LL PROBABLY HEAL, PLEASE MAKE SURE THE DRONE TAKES SECOND PRIORITY TO YOUR SAFETY.  I'm POSITIVE I'm not the first to fall victim to "MY BELOVED BIRD NEEDS MY HELP SYNDROME" LOL. Wait a while, calm down.  I've posted more embarrassing stuff on here, I hope it's helped some people, but this one TAKES THE CAKE.
2016-1-25
Use props
gedgar2016
lvl.3
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-1-16 23:55
Nice share gedgar

Yes, we all have the moments that would be nice  to have back again.   Some o ...

Great tip.  Thanks.
2016-1-25
Use props
gedgar2016
lvl.3
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-1-16 23:55
Nice share gedgar

Yes, we all have the moments that would be nice  to have back again.   Some o ...

BOY DOES THIS EVER APPLY TO MY LAST POST!!  What I'd do to take THAT back...
2016-1-25
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

leorvasquez Posted at 2016-1-16 21:17
Thanks for the awesome feedback as I patiently wait for my P3 Adv. Does anyone have a check list to  ...

links
http://forum.dji.com/thread-11579-1-1.html

http://forum.dji.com/thread-14413-1-1.html

http://forum.dji.com/thread-32785-1-1.html

Rich
2016-1-25
Use props
leorvasquez
lvl.3
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-1-25 22:51
links
http://forum.dji.com/thread-11579-1-1.html

Thank you very much for the links Richj53, I appreciate it.
2016-1-26
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

leorvasquez Posted at 2016-1-26 16:51
Thank you very much for the links Richj53, I appreciate it.

No problem, I remember back when some of these topics were being discussed    Lots of good information

Rich
2016-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules