4362 21 2015-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can anyone tell me if DJI has corrected the loud fan in the OSMO and how about the Heat issue? I would like to order one but the Videos that I have watched definetly have the noise from the Fan embedded in them. Also the heat is around 104 degrees, I am sure the Fan is due to the amount of Heat present.
2015-11-21
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The fan noise is still there.. As for heat, it does get a little warm but not hot for me ( I live in the UK so not even fire gets "hot" )
2015-11-21
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-11-21 12:12
The fan noise is still there.. As for heat, it does get a little warm but not hot for me ( I live in ...

Thanks my friend. I would imagine and hope they are going to address the issue. I looked at some videos on Youtube and it is definitely and issue. UK and US, things are warm for both of us.
2015-11-21
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

The fan noise is indeed recorded by the internal MIC of OSMO, so that's why we've give a warning on the user manual and provide a external MIC. We will definitely try to solve the noise problem. About the heat, the fan can cope with it in most cases, if there is a camera error warning appeared on the app, then it's the heat issue, you should cool down the OSMO for a while.
2015-11-22
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-22 21:18
The fan noise is indeed recorded by the internal MIC of OSMO, so that's why we've give a warning on  ...

Thank you for the reply Amy.
2015-11-23
Use props
MorganBP
lvl.1

France

Like everyone else, I see a big fan problem which is very worrying, and the sound is unusable (not broadcast). When will  Dji fix this big problem? I do not recommend this product to new buyers as it will not be solved .
2015-11-23
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MorganBP Posted at 2015-11-23 09:13
Like everyone else, I see a big fan problem which is very worrying, and the sound is unusable (not b ...

I have my concerns also Morgan. I really like the OSMO as I do all of DJI products. Te fan is an issue. I remember way back when I bought a computer and it had a very loud fan. The fans today are not audible at all. I am sure DJI will resolve the issue.
2015-11-23
Use props
j
New

United States

I used it with a very high quality external mic (Shure VP83F) intended for use with small cameras. The fan noise is incredibly loud, and DJI's recommendation to use an external mic to fix the audio is not adequate. That doesn't work. You can't use external audio and be anywhere near this camera with anything of quality and get an acceptable audio recording. In my recordings, it sounds like a small jet engine in the background. At this point, it's a great device if you don't plan to use it with onboard audio. Unfortunately, that negates my purposes. I have an x5, and was planning on using it instead of the x3 it comes with, but the adapter isn't shipped and DJI isn't saying when it will be, and the x3 is really struggling with dynamic range on my indoor shots too. It's really pretty disappointing.

I agree with others on this thread in that this device isn't field worthy yet, and should not have been shipped. The engineering is solid, but several glaring issues need to be worked out. These issues should have been alleviated in private beta testing, and I was really hoping the long delay in coming to market meant that was exactly what DJI was doing. Unfortunately, it's got all it's first generation bugs intact, so until there's a firmware fix or second generation product, I would delay purchasing.

I'm working on returning mine. It's been pretty hard to get ahold of DJI support thus far, even though online chat people (who can't help me with orders) tell me people are "waiting to help me." I've not gotten a response to any of my order inquiries (my Osmo, ordered on 2015-10-08, finally arrived today 2015-11-23) about shipping delay, and I'm hoping I can get a nice clean refund. I would consider buying from channel partners like B&H instead of direct in the future. Caveat Emptor.

I own an inspire 1 pro, inspire 1, three phantoms and a ronin, and DJI has been rock solid. This one just wasn't ready to ship unfortunately, and DJI should have worked these issues out before release. Hopefully they use it as a learning experience and come back with a killer product for v2, because this one isn't up to usual standards.
2015-11-23
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

j@workhabit.com Posted at 2015-11-23 15:17
I used it with a very high quality external mic (Shure VP83F) intended for use with small cameras. T ...

J, this is very disappointing news. I am bit confused in that you state that you received the Oslo today and have these issues so fast and have requested a refund. Maybe I am missing something?

How do you like the Inspire Pro?
2015-11-23
Use props
MorganBP
lvl.1

France

j@workhabit.com Posted at 2015-11-23 21:17
I used it with a very high quality external mic (Shure VP83F) intended for use with small cameras. T ...

Hi J,

I will not want to be pesimist, but I think djee refund you your osmo. I read from someone in the forum, that a buyer wanted to return his osmoet be reimbursed and that djee replied by email that this was not sufficient reason for reimbursement. Besides as you struggling to deliver you (like me in France), I think it will be complicated to make you pay
2015-11-24
Use props
MorganBP
lvl.1

France

rodger Posted at 2015-11-23 17:29
I have my concerns also Morgan. I really like the OSMO as I do all of DJI products. Te fan is an i ...

Hi Rodger,
osmo, is a good idea, but it's not it a finished product, but still seems to be at the prototype stage.
2015-11-24
Use props
petevandra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6939 ft
  • >>>
Australia

MorganBP Posted at 2015-11-24 20:07
Hi Rodger,
osmo, is a good idea, but it's not it a finished product, but still seems to be at the  ...

Yep agree - will only purchase the Osmo if the fan and audio is fixed
2015-11-24
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MorganBP Posted at 2015-11-24 04:37
Hi Rodger,
osmo, is a good idea, but it's not it a finished product, but still seems to be at the  ...

I guess it is like everything else. They have to start somewhere and sort things out as information comes in from users. I am sure DJI will work things out as always.
2015-11-24
Use props
MorganBP
lvl.1

France

rodger Posted at 2015-11-24 14:47
I guess it is like everything else. They have to start somewhere and sort things out as informatio ...

I hope so ;) But please DJI do it quickly!
2015-11-25
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MorganBP Posted at 2015-11-25 04:15
I hope so ;) But please DJI do it quickly!

I am sure they will address the issue Morgan if they have not addressed it already.
2015-11-25
Use props
ke-now
lvl.3
Australia

rodger Posted at 2015-11-24 00:29
I have my concerns also Morgan. I really like the OSMO as I do all of DJI products. Te fan is an i ...

"Fans today are not audible"...  That's not true. The only quiet fans are large fans because they can spin slower and still move air. Small fans are always noisy because they need to spin fast to move any significant volume of air.

Fans in computers are much larger than what's in the Osmo. and their rpm is kept low most of the time.

As for heat, it doesn't bother me. I used the Osmo on a 38 degree Celsius day in hot sun (video in other thread)... Yes the camera gets hot but not the handle.
2015-11-25
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ke-now Posted at 2015-11-25 10:22
"Fans today are not audible"...  That's not true. The only quiet fans are large fans because they  ...

I disagree. Take my Apple Air Extreme for example. Small and no noise. My Macbook Pro has a fan and no noise. You are entitled to your opinion on fans. The heat is not a real issue and from what I understand the OSMO is warm to the touch but not to warm to handle. Heat is from the use of power. The fan and the heat are not going to stop me from buying a couple.
2015-11-26
Use props
ke-now
lvl.3
Australia

rodger Posted at 2015-11-27 00:17
I disagree. Take my Apple Air Extreme for example. Small and no noise. My Macbook Pro has a fan an ...

Both of those devices you mention - Air Extreme  and Macbook Pro have much bigger fans than the Osmo.

It's not opinion, it's physics. Small fans (as in tiny fans) are noisier than larger fans.
2015-11-30
Use props
fans988a3a44
New
India

bbbbbbbbbbb
2017-9-27
Use props
fans988a3a44
New
India

I had recently purchesed Osmo Plus, and I am using DLOG profile with 1920*1080 50 FPS profile. My cam has heating problem, although I can hear fan noise (Slow) if keeping the fan near ear and can feel slow air too. Is the heating problem is normal I have to do something with this? Please help me.
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans988a3a44 Posted at 2017-9-27 01:36
I had recently purchesed Osmo Plus, and I am using DLOG profile with 1920*1080 50 FPS profile. My cam has heating problem, although I can hear fan noise (Slow) if keeping the fan near ear and can feel slow air too. Is the heating problem is normal I have to do something with this? Please help me.

Please notice that the camera can work normally between 0~40°C. Is your camera overheating?  Please keep your fan work during shooting.
2017-9-27
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans988a3a44 Posted at 2017-9-27 01:36

I have not used my Osmo that much but when I do it is very warm. Heat is the enemy of electronics.
2017-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules