12Next >
3089 53 2015-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Ordered my Osmo Handle on October 14, any word on when it will arrive?

Order number 001138279165

Lots of projects I want to use it on plus I want to make some tutorials for the forum users to compliment my Inspire 1 tutorials, just need to get it.

Also, any word on X5 compatibility?  This is where it will really get interesting.  

Thanks!

Jim Hare
2015-11-23
Use props
kvamens
lvl.3

Norway

Think they want to make it work with the Inspire camera before they ship, guess they working hard on the fw.

Saw my dealer have shipped my order so i hoping fw on its way to
2015-11-23
Use props
Skyrider
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-11-23
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

Skyrider Posted at 2015-11-24 11:59
Jim,  I had an E-Mail from DJI saying the Osmo Handle Kit will be shipping the first week of Dec.... ...

Thanks Skyrider, I didn't get an email but may have just gone astray.

All the best,

Jim
2015-11-23
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

The firmware and X5 adapter which can enable the X5 to be used on OSMO will be available soon.
2015-11-24
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jim,

I too placed my order for the Osmo Handle on October 14th.  The date keeps on being pushed back.  I'm being told that they are not in stock.  10/25 would have been 30 business days from the time they received full payment.  Now I'm being told that they will receive products and ship the 1st week of December.  I'm not quite sure whether to believe this or not.  Losing my patience.

Rich
2015-11-25
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

We will ship out the handle kit as soon as possible. Sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience caused.
2015-11-25
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

You guys need to be honest from the get go. It really is no good advertising things for sale that are not available , for people to be spending their money months in advance.
You guys put an advert out at the beginning of October, with a guy using the handle with an X5.

Everyone here ordered their goods in October, like i did. All of your responses are extremely vague, and now we are all sweating as to whether we will actually receive them before Christmas.

To make matters worse, the  Osmo X5 adaptor,  has not even been made availoable to order.

Does this mean we will have to start waiting weeks and weeks all over again once it has been ordered?

This is not a good look, at all.
2015-11-25
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2015-11-25 14:52
You guys need to be honest from the get go. It really is no good advertising things for sale that ar ...

I agree with everything you are saying.
2015-11-25
Use props
Skyrider
Banned

United States

2015-11-25
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Skyrider Posted at 2015-11-26 07:32
DJI why do you ignore your customers ? "We will ship out the handle kit as soon as possible" this is ...

What is your order number sir?
2015-11-25
Use props
Skyrider
Banned

United States

2015-11-25
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Skyrider Posted at 2015-11-26 11:17
Amy  " what is really going on" with the OSMO handle kit.   What good is it giving you my order num ...

I was just trying to help sir, if you don't even want to tell me the order number , there is nothing I can do for you then.
2015-11-25
Use props
Skyrider
Banned

United States

2015-11-25
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I am thoroughly disappointed and disgusted with the DJI Sales Department.  I now have come to the conclusion that ordering anything directly from DJI is nothing short of a mistake.  My order that was placed on 10/14 had to be cancelled today.  After being delayed and delayed .... the DJI Sales Department told me that they were going to partial ship some of the accessories holding off on the OSMO Handle until mid December.  I wouldn't have minded this but DJI took 100% of my payment up front on these items at point of sale with no intention of shipping it on-time.  I have never dealt with any vendor that charged me in full for items that hadn't shipped.  This is unethical business practices.  This is now the 4th order that I have placed with DJI directly and have had to cancel 2 or the 4 orders for the same reasons.  Shame on you DJI.  This is a great way to lose your customer base.  Sorry for blowing off steam but wanted to share these thoughts with others reading the DJI Forum.
2015-11-27
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Got an email today from DJI once again apologizing now saying that the handle will be shipped "Late December".  I'm glad I cancelled my order when I did.  I will just get it locally here in the USA once it hits our resellers.
2015-11-30
Use props
Skyrider
Banned

United States

2015-11-30
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Skyrider Posted at 2015-11-30 19:01
Buy from a U.S company  is your best bet.  The release date won't be until early next year (Februa ...

Skyrider .... I know exactly how you feel.  Sorry that you went through the same frustrations I did.  I've pre ordered from B&H in NYC.  They will not charge my credit card until they actually ship the product.  This is normal business practice that I'm used to.  Just wanted to share.
2015-12-2
Use props
Skyrider
Banned

United States

2015-12-2
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Skyrider Posted at 2015-12-2 09:10
I will never buy direct from DJI again.........

Neither will I.  I made the mistake in ordering my Inspire from them and waiting 3 months finally cancelling it and ordering directly from coptershop.com.  I just spoke with sales people at B&H and they pretty much said that DJI Sales is very unreliable providing inaccurate ship dates.  Shame on me for ordering my OSMO Handle directly through DJI.  I'm glad I cancelled my order from DJI and will never make that mistake again.
2015-12-2
Use props
trashbinz
lvl.1

United States

thank you! i'm glad to see a lot of people are beginning to speak up toward dji... as we all know, it's not the fault of customer service or sales... it's the management and manufacturing group in china that's the issue... they release new products no problem but don't have the accompanying accessories produced at the same release time... in turn, they make you wait months... ridiculous... and, since they never provide solid, honest, legitimate information on what's going on, i'm guessing they don't produce/manufacture the accessories right away until they see how well the primary product sells... anyway, see my other post... (trashbinz) ... http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... =1&extra=#pid260957
2015-12-2
Use props
darmino
lvl.2
Flight distance : 615230 ft
United States

This Is nothing new, DJI has always lied about everything, product release dates, product features, software updates, I could go on and on.  These are not honest mistakes, this is their policy and it works.  I personally hate DJI's business practices but I order their products anyway.   Why you ask? The same reason we all do, they are effectively the only game in town.  Very soon major players will enter this very lucrative market, I will sell all my DJI equipment and never look back except to see them go out of business.  Remember China is a communist country and they are new to this capitalism thing, they will learn the hard way how important the customer is.  
2015-12-3
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don't think there is any reason to start criticizing a company based on its country of origin? America is far from perfect when looking at it from a British person's eyes, I don't hold it against Microsoft or Apple ;)

If you are not happy with your handle order then just cancel and pre-order with an US dealer, you will still be waiting for it. IMO, the handle is unlikely to ship until the firmware that allows the Inspire X3 and the X5 to work is available ( the X5 relies on the mounting plate too ). X3 support should be very soon so hopefully the handle will ship.
2015-12-3
Use props
talbers
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194505 ft
Croatia

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-26 05:23
I was just trying to help sir, if you don't even want to tell me the order number , there is nothi ...

Dear DJI-Amy
I ordered my Osmo on 14th Oct Order Number:  385110011361.
A day later i order a 2nd battery for the Osmo.
In the meantime the battery arrived, I received several mail inviting for the free Osmo trail but never got an update on my Osmo order.
Could you tell me what to expect?
Last year i experienced a "nice" deliver disappointment with the Inspire1 and hope you learned from that.
Kind regards
2015-12-4
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

talbers Posted at 2015-12-5 06:22
Dear DJI-Amy
I ordered my Osmo on 14th Oct Order Number:  385110011361.
A day later i order a 2nd  ...

Dear talbers,
Order includes OSMO Handle Kit (Including Intelligent Battery, Charger and Phone Holder. Gimbal and Camera excluded)  and OSMO Part2 bike mount. The kit is currently in short supply and we expect it to be shipped out around the end of this month. Sorry for the waiting time and inconvenience caused.
2015-12-6
Use props
talbers
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194505 ft
Croatia

Which part is on short supply? Both should have been deluvered allready.
2015-12-7
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

talbers Posted at 2015-12-8 14:43
Which part is on short supply? Both should have been deluvered allready.

OSMO Handle Kit is in short supply.
2015-12-8
Use props
BManCan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2085810 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Store Posted at 2015-12-8 03:57
OSMO Handle Kit is in short supply.

I am not sure why DJI keeps saying the handle kit is in short supply. As far as we can tell from those who have placed orders as far back as early October, there has been NO supply of handle kits.
Please feel free to let me know if I am wrong. I am still waiting for shipping notification for my order placed on Oct 15th. The online store still indicates 20-30 working days for new orders, which has not changed since October.
2015-12-10
Use props
DJI Store
DJI team

Hong Kong

BManCan Posted at 2015-12-11 12:17
I am not sure why DJI keeps saying the handle kit is in short supply. As far as we can tell from t ...

We will ship it out around the end of this month. We sincerely apologize for the waiting time.
2015-12-11
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Store Posted at 2015-12-11 08:04
We will ship it out around the end of this month. We sincerely apologize for the waiting time.

That's great to hear!
2015-12-11
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Don't hold your breath, mate!

I paid in October - as did pretty much all the others on here - and the customer service spiel has gone from'5-7 business days', to '20-30 business days', briefly via  'as soon as possible' (until everyone complained that that is not an answer), to 'the end of November', to 'early December', to currently sit on 'late December'.

If they really knew, they would give you a date, just like everybody else.

No doubt, DJI produce some great gear, but their aim is clearly to excite us all enough about products for us to pay them upfront to produce them, then trot out sporadic excuses and vague assurances, apologies and 'I'm delighted to say they will be shipped out by the end of.....' (complete with smiley face emoji).
It really is played out now. My enthusiasm has been crushed, and I'm losing the will to live!

They will arrive - at some point - but with all the previous false dawns, don't believe the hype. You will only be disappointed.

2015-12-11
Use props
kneverett
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Yep, doubt I'll ever place an order again for a DJI item which has not been "shipping" for at least 30 days.
2015-12-11
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

kneverett Posted at 2015-12-11 19:53
Yep, doubt I'll ever place an order again for a DJI item which has not been "shipping" for at least  ...

Same here. Unless people on here have already received what i have ordered, then it does not exist. Enough of this 'short supply' crap.
2015-12-11
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I agree, I ordered mine in October as well, first day they were available! I made plans and set up specific shoots for the end of November thinking I would have it by then lol.

Seems to me like they have the supply but are facing heavy orders + didn't have a stable firmware. I have seen a report where someone received their handle already so that was good news! And the firmware just released a few days ago.

Just looking at the bright side =]
2015-12-11
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

teamnest1 Posted at 2015-12-12 01:43
I agree, I ordered mine in October as well, first day they were available! I made plans and set up s ...

Cool....

That actually is good news.

Unfortunately not for me, though. The X3 firmware is good to go - allegedly - but mine's an X5.

I'm waiting both for my handle kit to arrive, and for the X5 adaptor to be made available.
2015-12-12
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2015-12-12 10:21
Cool....

That actually is good news.

Ahh I know the feeling,

Im over here waiting for the X5R
2015-12-12
Use props
piotr.pawlowski
lvl.2

Poland

Same story every year :-( paid and delayed for some reason. Can you guys move you Supply Chain department in more capable hands.
2015-12-13
Use props
mike
lvl.2

United States

Just got a tracking number today for the Osmo kit!  Yes, I ordered October 16th.  Also, they are splitting orders.  I have 2 accessories on backorder, I believe both mounts.  It left DJI and is sitting in Hong Kong.  It comes via FEDX.  My question is how long does it take from Hong Kong?  In the past I have ordered in stock items, and I swear it seemed like only 3 days, so I am now hoping before Christmas!!!!! Yeah!
2015-12-21
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

mike@shockleyho Posted at 2015-12-22 08:15
Just got a tracking number today for the Osmo kit!  Yes, I ordered October 16th.  Also, they are spl ...

Yeah, got my tracking as well, due the 23rd!   I heard they are really short on accessories so not shipping at the same time.
2015-12-21
Use props
piotr.pawlowski
lvl.2

Poland

Hi, got mine today but I dont see the activation option. Is there any chance to run the activation process again?  In my case no single light is flashing and no beep as well only camera fan is working. Camera from Inspire 1 updated to the latest firmware.
2015-12-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules