OSMO still not working after 3 days of trying
2381 12 2015-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gigglepot
lvl.1
Australia

Excitment turns to frustration after three days since delivery of the OSMO and still can not see an image or take a photo.  

After struggling through the activation it appear I am a complete idoit of the unit is faulty.  

I turn on the unit and connect the App to WIFI of the OSMO.  Not problems.  

Select Enter Camera view

Welcome screen appears.  
I click ready - nothing happens.  Just goes into the App.  It does not walk me through everything.  

I thought - I accidently hit Next Time.  Close app repeat process - same thing.  Did it five times.  Same Same, Same Same Same.  

So frustrating.  

Very poor customer experience so far.

Screen is blank.  No camera image.  Just Yellow circle and the word exposure
OSMO fan in camera head is running 100% of the time.  
Two green lights on the handle are constantly on
Gimble appears to move when I move the handle around.  

None of the OSMO controls work.  
None of the App controls appear to work...
Hit replay button and it tells me it failed to load SD card data.  

Suggest you release product when they work.  

I think I want a full refund and return this product.   
2015-11-27
Use props
gigglepot
lvl.1
Australia

Wow still sitting here - lost 10% battery in the time to post the above message.  
2015-11-27
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you try following Tim's Tutorials? There are times when we have to take a step back, take a breath, relax, and go slow. I do this after the years of , can't wait to use this! when I have something that does not work I usually find that it is my error. Could it be the product? Maybe? Unlikely? Yes! Check the Tutorials posted here and try Youtube also and give it another go.
2015-11-27
Use props
chazdazzle
lvl.1

United States

Please make sure that you are connected to the Osmo before opening up the DJI app otherwise you will have a blank screen when viewing.  I have that issue all the time while using the Osmo and the DJI app with my iPhone since it uses my primary wifi for internet.  Let us know what you come up with.
2015-11-27
Use props
motoscoddie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 702 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I don't think you should blame yourself gigglepot, I would be inclined to blame your Osmo as being faulty. Not like faulty units are rare or anything!
2015-11-28
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, firstly, you need to make sure that your mobile device is connected to the OSMO wifi after you turned on the OSMO. Then you need to do the activation step by step. Please check the tutorial here. http://forum.dji.com/thread-35551-1-1.html
2015-11-29
Use props
bashmaji
New

United Kingdom

Hi there gigglepot,

I had exactly the same problem with this issue yesterday.  The Oslo was fine in the morning, then when I went to use it in the afternoon, exactly what you have mentioned occurred to me.  Tried again this morning and it is not working what so ever exactly as you have described.  Did you have any joy resolving this issue and what was the outcome?  Thanking you..
2016-2-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

gigglepot Posted at 2015-11-27 20:44
Wow still sitting here - lost 10% battery in the time to post the above message.

Hello!
About the battery, firstly, please refer to the information in P5 of the Osmo User Manual. I also attached the shorcut for you as below.
In normal perfect situation of using, the Osmo battery is expected to last about 1 hour.
Osmo battery spec.png
2016-2-17
Use props
copterstudios
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21847 ft
United States

Does your osmo power up? I just bought mine and the inspire X3 camera does not even power up after upgrading the firmware.
2016-2-20
Use props
copterstudios
lvl.1
United States

okay...  I did the above and no change.  BUT then I switch from my google 5x to my iPad min and amazingly the gamble started and is working however now the app is an issue.  I don't have a picture on the dpi go app but I can change the settings and take pictures.  basically it a blank screen with menus that work.  I can change the settings etc...  any ideas?

image1.PNG
2016-2-20
Use props
copterstudios
lvl.1
United States

issue resolved....  it was a firmware issue and not having the Cosmo wifi connected.  
2016-2-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

copterstudios Posted at 2016-2-21 13:19
issue resolved....  it was a firmware issue and not having the Cosmo wifi connected.

Right! When you mount the Inspire 1 X3 white camera on the handle, please be careful with the firmware update...For any issue, please let us know.
2016-2-21
Use props
copterstudios
lvl.1
United States

The other issues is that wifi needs to be connected prior to starting the dji go app.  You also need to slose the dji go app when you start it up again after turning it off and make sure that tis hooked up to wifi   
2016-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules