Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hightidemedia
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

horizon

horizon

Every one of my photos with the Phantom 3 Pro ends up with a wavy horizon. If you're not shooting towards a completely straight horizon you may never notice this, but my whole business is shooting property on the Gulf; this wavy horizon is a critically bad problem. I see this problem all over the Internet, but no fix from DJI.  This happens on every single shot I shoot with the camera, camera always being stable/hovering in the air. I'm afraid DJI knows about this and it is probably a lens issue and they simply don't want to admit it, leaving them no option but to replace these lenses on every Phantom 3 in service.

2015-11-28
Use props
yaonya
lvl.2

Ukraine

You are welcome!

dji phantom wavy horizon.jpg
2015-11-28
Use props
Westside Osprey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95915 ft
United States

The P3 camera probably has a $50.00 lens. It is pretty much the same as the horrible GoPro lenses, but imho much better for a cheap wide angle lens.

If you need pro results get a Pro MR with a Pro Camera. I think the new Inspire Pro has an interchangeable lens.

Or get a S900 with a Zenmuse for a camera with interchangeable lenses.

Or you can live with this incredible cheap MR camera  and do a bit of Post Processing like yaonya suggests.

One thing that really helps reduce the distortion is to have the camera level in both axis, then crop in post.

You get what you pay for, personally I think the P3P is an incredible bargain for what it does.
2015-11-28
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"Every one of my photos with the Phantom 3 Pro ends up with a wavy horizon. "
What firmware are you running?
This was an issue up to 1.1.9 but was fixed in 1.2.6.
2015-11-28
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi
This might be a firmware issue . Please update your aircraft firmware to the latest .
2015-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules