Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Strange behaviour of DJI OSMO
1381 13 2015-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
damir65
New

Slovenia

Hi,

After just one day having the unit, my first recording was completely disapoitment. First thing I did when received OSMO was upgrade to latest firmvare.
My video on 4K is full of glitches and strange behaviour. Please check link below. I was reading other posts where people reporting same thing.
I didn't tried yet other resoultions but isn't it normal that who ever purchase this unit expected to have great shoots in 4K ?
I don't know what to think but 750 EUR is not small money for hand heald camera. What is going on?  

Damir

2015-11-29
Use props
damir65
New

Slovenia

Another problem I noticed is panorama creating takes few minutes and app just  get frozen. I have to kill app and start it again to be able to use Osmo.  My smart phone is xperia Z by Sony.
2015-11-29
Use props
damir65
New

Slovenia

What is going on.  Now when video is uploaded to youtube it works fine. When I watch it directly from card of from computer it has glitches. Can you tell me where is the catch?
App start to crashes all the time. Any solution on that?
2015-11-29
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

damir65 Posted at 2015-11-30 01:46
What is going on.  Now when video is uploaded to youtube it works fine. When I watch it directly fro ...

Hi, can you upload the original 4K files in the SD card?
4K videos have high hardware requirement on the PC and video player, please make sure the PC have the ability to play 4K videos and try to use different video players.
By the mean time, please try to use other resolution see if the problem persist, and please provide the problem videos and corresponding camera settings so that we can help you analyze the problem.
What's more, try to use another SD card see if the problem persists.
2015-11-29
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

damir65 Posted at 2015-11-30 00:58
Another problem I noticed is panorama creating takes few minutes and app just  get frozen. I have to ...

Please understand that the panorama stiching process is took place on the phone and it's highly depend on the hardware capability of the phone. The picture download from the OSMO and the stiching process on the phone can both consume time. Please shut down the background app on your phone in order to relieve the computation pressure of mobile phone. Try to use another mobile phone such as Iphone to test if the problem still exist. Thanks. About the app crash, can you send me the crash files? It's under the folder of crash: sdcard/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH
2015-11-29
Use props
damir65
New

Slovenia

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-30 03:34
Hi, can you upload the original 4K files in the SD card?
4K videos have high hardware requirement ...

Thanks... which SD Card you recommend  (Bit rate) ?
2015-11-30
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

I have to say the micro-SDCard DJI provided with the Osmo is pathetically slow... I tried to transfer some video onto it via my card reader and it averages 5-6 mb/s...

I would highly recommend anyone who wants to shoot 4K/UHD video to get a better card...
2015-11-30
Use props
damir65
New

Slovenia

sdchew Posted at 2015-11-30 16:17
I have to say the micro-SDCard DJI provided with the Osmo is pathetically slow... I tried to transfe ...

Fair enough to admit that. I will take card with 40mbs bit rate. Hope it will be enough. I change my phone today Samsung S6 and tried to do some recordings with it. Things working much better than before but I still noticed some app crashing in high 4K video settings. Will take some time to test and let you know which resolution causes trouble exactly.  
2015-11-30
Use props
damir65
New

Slovenia

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-30 03:43
Please understand that the panorama stiching process is took place on the phone and it's highly dep ...

Where I suppose to send it?
2015-11-30
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

damir65 Posted at 2015-12-1 03:53
Fair enough to admit that. I will take card with 40mbs bit rate. Hope it will be enough. I change  ...

Yeah I noticed that the DJI Android app doesn't work as well as the iOS version... it crashes and lags on my ZTE Nubia Z7 mini... my Nexus 6P will be arriving today and I'll give it a spin later when I set it up...
2015-11-30
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

sdchew Posted at 2015-12-1 09:38
Yeah I noticed that the DJI Android app doesn't work as well as the iOS version... it crashes and  ...

Actually, the lag is more related to the hardware computation and decoding ability of the mobile phone rather than the APP. If you change another phone, you will find the lag is different depending on the phone. About the android crash, we did find a bug of Android 4.1.2 crash. We've fixed it in the new version v.2.4.2 , you can download it and see if the crash persist.
2015-11-30
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

damir65 Posted at 2015-12-1 04:03
Where I suppose to send it?

You can upload it into some cloud platform such as MEGA. Thanks . For your information, the 4K 4096*2160 may have crash bug, it's supposed to be fixed in the next firmware upgrade which will come soon.
2015-11-30
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

damir65 Posted at 2015-11-30 21:02
Thanks... which SD Card you recommend  (Bit rate) ?

You can try these SD card
1)        Lexar 633X Class10 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-I
2)        Panasonic 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-3
3)        Sandisk Extreme 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-3
2015-11-30
Use props
damir65
New

Slovenia

I changed my smart phone to Samsung Galaxy S6 - 64 GB,  changed SD card to Sandisk Extreme 32 GB and in this combination and latest app update,  OSMO works great and become  my good buddy. I am now really happy with this product!
Thank you guys for all your support. The only downside I can say is short battery life and extra battery is still not available for purchase.
2015-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules