Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO Extension Rod and Vehicle Mount delayed further.
1887 10 2015-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sploodge
Captain
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just received this from DJI ( in aditiopn to the one that said it would be EARLY December ).. Pain in the arse as I have Osmo batteries on the same order.. I would have not added the extension rod if I would have known it would go out of stock a few weeks AFTER I placed my order..

Its been 6 working weeks since I orderd now.. The Osmo is likely to be shelved as I am struggling to provide customers the footage I need having just the single battery..

update4.JPG

2015-11-30
Use props
Richardrambone
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey, for what it's worth I bought a cheap selfie stick at Walmart-mart and it works great with the osmo. It was only 8 bucks, just make sure the selfie stick has a regular tripod mount.
2015-11-30
Use props
twbigshap
lvl.1

United Kingdom

At least you have yours. My osmo itself is now delayed until end of Dec. Not very happy
2015-11-30
Use props
dennismurry08
Captain
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

twbigshap@gmail Posted at 2015-11-30 05:23
At least you have yours. My osmo itself is now delayed until end of Dec. Not very happy

Ordered mine 10-21...got this today: I guess whats another 2 weeks....or so...

Dear DJI Customer,

Thank you for choosing the DJI Osmo Vehicle Mount and/or the Extension Rod. Your order is currently being processed.

Due to unprecedented demand, your order is still in line to be shipped.
However, we are delighted to say that we will start to ship your Vehicle Mount and/or the Extension Rod in mid-December.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

Should you have any questions about your order, please contact our dedicated customer support team at onlinesales@dji.com.

Thank You,
DJI

2015-11-30
Use props
trashbinz
lvl.1

United States

you're not alone, sploodge... definitely painful... it's very difficult to avoid being a pessimist with dji... i can't begin to communicate how desperately i want to praise and love dji... they make great products but the lack of inventory or whatever the issue is for obtaining the accessories for their primary products is horrendous... it's extremely bad business practice that the majority of the time they deliver the primary products (i.e. a phantom, osmo, etc.) no problem but it takes months to get the associated supporting products / accessories (i.e. batteries, etc.)... horrible and, to be candid... unacceptable...

i'm envious you at least received a response with a "potential" ship date; however (spoiler alert: pessimism), unfortunately and most likely, mid-december will come and you won't have your accessories... you'll send another inquiry to customer support and the response will be they're delighted that your accessories will be shipped in early january 2016... rinse and repeat... i sincerely hope your items arrive in mid-december...

i purchased my osmo from b&h photo on 10/28 and received it on 10/30... b&h is great... i have no issues with them... they're the retailer... i have used them for years... personally, never had an issue with them... fantastic... no problems...

well, it's "fantastic" that i received my osmo... the excitement lasted briefly until the moment i decided to order all of the accessories on 10/31/2015... some of the accessories being essential to what i'm needing to accomplish with the osmo... it's now 12/1 and still no accessories... i called b&h today and they have no idea when to expect the stock from dji... again, not their fault... it's dji's fault and responsibility... plain and simple, they need to provide this information regularly to their distributors...

again, love dji products... hands down, great products... but i personally feel they have an underlying attitude that they know the products are great and they don't care about the inventory and availability of accessories... and sadly, it's though they feel that they know the customers ultimately just have to concede and deal with the delays... i'm even questioning myself wondering how many chances do i give them? how many chances should any customer give them? i'm just one person expressing my issues with dji and i'm not even close to being alone... my sentiments are echoed by many throughout the web...

i hope they evaluate their business model and correct it by aligning the primary product releases and availability with the associated accessories... in other words, don't release the primary product until the accessories are available... for example, when apple or samsung releases a new phone or tablet, 99% of the accessories are available at the same moment... to put it simply, it stinks to have an osmo without some of the accessories that i "need" in order to produce the outcomes i'm looking to achieve... i can understand and deal with a week delay but it's now officially a month and inevitably going to be longer based on information i'm reading...??!! completely unacceptable...

so... here i am... again... just as i had to do previously with my phantom 3 professional accessories, i sit once again in wait...and wait... and wait... and hope... and wait... this time with my $650 dji osmo investment... dji - perhaps you could update b&h and other retailers with some solid delivery information... that would be a start...
2015-11-30
Use props
Eirlink
Second Officer

Ireland

the PM should come on here to explain the situation....and offer resolution
is that too much to ask ? lets see
its sickening and totally unacceptable.
they will have no luck for this.
2015-11-30
Use props
sdchew
lvl.4

Singapore

Got another 2 day delay from my original commit of 7th Dec. Hope it doesn't slip any further...
2015-12-6
Use props
ahr69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 83612 ft
  • >>>
United States

BTW, B&H, New York, has them for next day shipping in the used department for about 22% off. Just saying.
2015-12-22
Use props
dennismurry08
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ahr69 Posted at 2015-12-22 09:10
BTW, B&H, New York, has them for next day shipping in the used department for about 22% off. Just sa ...

Somebody must have got it because I dont see it listed
2015-12-22
Use props
dennismurry08
Captain
  • >>>
United States

dennismurry08@c Posted at 2015-12-22 09:35
Somebody must have got it because I dont see it listed

Holy cow! DJI emailed that my extension arm has been shipped!!!
2015-12-23
Use props
sdchew
lvl.4

Singapore

LOL! I just realized, after using my extension rod for almost a week, that I could extend the rod another section (the widest portion)
2015-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules