Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo D-Log
2138 7 2015-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sdchew
lvl.4

Singapore

Can anyone share some tips on how best to utilize D-Log?

Firstly, should I shoot using manual exposure settings or auto?

Second, it is better to expose correctly or under/over exposure? (pull down highlights/pull up shadows later)

Lastly, what tools do you use to do colour grading? I'm currently using Shotcut and it appears quite good!

Thanks!
2015-11-30
Use props
Richardrambone
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Throw it in d-fireplace and enjoy the warmth.
2015-12-1
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

It's the same shooting method, all the camera settings should depends on the environment and yourself. You can download the Inspire 1/ Phantom 3/ X5 LOG mode Transcoding Tool v1.0.0 to do the color grading. http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/info#downloads
2015-12-1
Use props
sdchew
lvl.4

Singapore

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-2 14:59
It's the same shooting method, all the camera settings should depends on the environment and yoursel ...

Actually I tried this tool but it doesn't work. I get an error message saying out of memory
2015-12-1
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

sdchew Posted at 2015-12-2 15:57
Actually I tried this tool but it doesn't work. I get an error message saying out of memory

Which version did you download? EXE or DMG, the latter one is for MAC. Try to export it in MOV format and open it by KMPlayer. Then you can import the corrected files to ProRes codecs to do more post editing. Can you provide a screen shot of the error message?
2015-12-2
Use props
sdchew
lvl.4

Singapore

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-2 16:55
Which version did you download? EXE or DMG, the latter one is for MAC. Try to export it in MOV for ...

I downloaded the EXE version to run on Windows 10. When I open the video file, it is still fine. Only after I click the export button would I see the error message.
2015-12-2
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

sdchew Posted at 2015-12-2 17:20
I downloaded the EXE version to run on Windows 10. When I open the video file, it is still fine. O ...

The files after transcoding can be quite large, the smallest bit rate profile is proxy, Please check if there is plenty of memory on your output disk. For your information, this tool is mainly for the transcoding and preliminary editing, you need more professional softeare such as AfterEffect or ProRes to do the post editing.
2015-12-2
Use props
kgarrison
First Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

http://www.dronecoalition.net/kg ... th-final-cut-pro-x/
2015-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now