Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying indoors with Wi-Fi signals is it possible ?
2611 4 2014-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scoob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45361 ft
United States

I have a P2 with stock controller, my boss wants me to shoot some video inside the warehouse with metal racking and Wi-Fi signals. Is this possible, or could I lose control of the P2 ? Thanks
2014-9-23
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

You should be fine flying indoors, just keep the phantom close to you and not let it get out of sight with the controller.
No GPS so you will be flying in Atti mode, but with no wind to battle it should be very stable and smooth to fly.
2014-9-24
Use props
Scoob
lvl.1
United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-9-24 19:47
You should be fine flying indoors, just keep the phantom close to you and not let it get out of sigh ...

I will take your advise and practice outside in ATT mode just to know what to expect. Inside the huge warehouse 1.6m sq. ft. there are repeater antenna's mounted on the ceiling about 200' apart with exactly 6 antenna's on it running to 20 different IDF's. Should I still be worried about losing control ?
2014-9-24
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Honestly if you are worried about it then don't do it.
If you are not experienced in flying Atti then probably best to give it a miss this time and wait until you are more confident.
I can't say for sure that you will not have any problems, but flying in Atti and keeping the controller close will minimise the risk of interference.

2014-9-24
Use props
Scoob
lvl.1
United States

I'll practice in ATT and put the prop guards back on and see how it goes.  Thanks for the info.
2014-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules