DJI Please add the option to adjust gimbal yaw
4176 26 2015-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michael M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

Many of us are having issue where our gimbal will not point straight. Calibrations do not help. You know how there is an option to adjust gimbal roll? Why not add the option to adjust gimbal yaw so we dont have to send our birds in and wait 3 months without them? It s a quick solution for us having problems and costs you nothing.

Please consider! I really dont want tk send my bird in for something so small but annoying.

Michael

2015-12-9
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

AMEN!  I've often wondered this.
2015-12-9
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2015-12-9 20:10

Haha
welcome to the croomed gimbal club. If you wanna help, go into dji go app, click on "me" and then feedback and tell them about this issue! I did too and I hope many others follow so we can get this fixed.
2015-12-9
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2015-12-9 20:10

***crooked
2015-12-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

So are you saying during your entire flight the camera is not pointing straight?
I know sometimes when powering up the camera will be a little off on the yaw but it slowly points straight with 10 seconds or so.
If it is staying off center for all your flights the id suggest resetting all the settings and see if that helps.
2015-12-9
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
United States

If I fly straight stick forward, it goes to a point to the right of image center.  Been that way since brand new in July.  I've massaged it a little by moving the gimbal arm on the shaft, but it isn't far enough yet.
2015-12-9
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2015-12-9 20:54
If I fly straight stick forward, it goes to a point to the right of image center.  Been that way sin ...

Interesting. When I fly forward mine tilts a little. My dealer is too greedy to fix it. When my bird had a flyaway they replaced it with a used phantom pro and plopped my old still functioning advanced gimbal on it. Don't know if it's my crashed camera, it works great or the firmware but seriously if you expect serive, don't go to drones plus. They are super kind but don't honkr their warranty. This happened a while back  and I'm still fuming about it.
2015-12-9
Use props
michael.tristra
lvl.3
Flight distance : 769042 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-10 15:32
So are you saying during your entire flight the camera is not pointing straight?
I know sometimes wh ...

Please see my thread, http://forum.dji.com/thread-36720-1-1.html, same problem with videos. How do we fix this problem?
2015-12-9
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Hi ,Michael
Sorry we don't have a "Adjust Gimbal Yaw" now . But it's a good idea . Thank you for your suggestion .
2015-12-9
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-9 23:08
Hi ,Michael
Sorry we don't have a "Adjust Gimbal Yaw" now . But it's a good idea . Thank you for you ...

Please pass the idea on
2015-12-9
Use props
Darkfito
lvl.2

Spain

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-10 15:08
Hi ,Michael
Sorry we don't have a "Adjust Gimbal Yaw" now . But it's a good idea . Thank you for you ...

Hi!

In recent weeks we have opened many issues of problems with the horizon gimbal.

First case
Second case
Third case
Fourth case
Fifth case

And many more......     When we have a solution??
2015-12-10
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Darkfito Posted at 2015-12-10 19:12
Hi!

In recent weeks we have opened many issues of problems with the horizon gimbal.

Hi , Darkfito
For the first  case , I've reorted this issue and we are working on this ;
For the second case , I've reported this suggestion .
For the third case , I've suggested him to try an IMU calibration .
For the forth case ,sorry I did't notice that . Could you please post a video and log og that ? I can't see them in the forum .
For the fifth case , this problem can be solve by updating the firmware .
Anyway , thanks for collecting these case and thank you for your support !
2015-12-10
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Michael M Posted at 2015-12-10 15:54
Please pass the idea on

Already reported !
2015-12-10
Use props
youngskyculler
lvl.1

United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2015-12-9 20:54
If I fly straight stick forward, it goes to a point to the right of image center.  Been that way sin ...

Can you explain how you did that?  I have the same issue, but is less pronounced, and your tweak might be enough for me.  
The attached image is built from 3 different photos.  The top one is taken at close range.  Then I backed up ~50 feet and snapped #2.  Then forward to close range again to get #3.  All were imported and aligned (left) in 1 image, then reference lines were drawn, and then all the unnecessary stuff was cropped out.  The yellow line shows the center of the camera frame, while the red line shows the approximate "straight ahead" of the aircraft, judging by what parts of the images remain aligned throughout the test.

yaw alignment.jpg

2016-1-12
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
United States

Yes, my situation is similar to yours, but I believe it is opposite side.

Loosen the set screw that holds the camera arm azimuth locked to the gimbal shaft.  Hold the shaft, and rotate the gimbal arm in the direction it takes to correct the error - tighten.  Try it out and see how close you got.  Yes, I know the shaft is flat sided and it will be a trick to get the set screw to hold off of the flat, but that is what I've done so far.  I haven't worked on it for awhile, so I'm not sure how far I'll be able to go.
2016-1-12
Use props
mrbrandonweber
lvl.1

United States

Following to watch for a solution. Mine has been doing the same thing.
2016-1-31
Use props
fseider
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

The Gimbal from my P3P points to the right side... I'm hoping for a software solution.
2016-1-31
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
United States

It would still be nice to have this feature in the firmware.
2016-1-31
Use props
perret.valentin
New

I have exactly the same problem. It would be great to have a Software gimbal yaw correction!
2016-7-28
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

perret.valentin Posted at 2016-7-29 05:05
I have exactly the same problem. It would be great to have a Software gimbal yaw correction!

I know right? But dji is so great a listening to their customers that only a year since this thread has been posted and no results/replies whatsoever.
2016-7-28
Use props
asheler1
lvl.1

United States

Still no fix for this? I don't see a yaw adjustment still with the latest firmware but my camera has a severe yaw problem to the left. So when I think I'm flying straight, I'm actually pulling to the right significantly. It makes it difficult to actually fly directly to a subject smoothly. I would think this would be easy enough to correct in firmware. the camera is mechanically attached fine, but once the motors turn on, it kicks several degrees off. :-(
2017-1-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

asheler1 Posted at 2017-1-14 15:35
Still no fix for this? I don't see a yaw adjustment still with the latest firmware but my camera has a severe yaw problem to the left. So when I think I'm flying straight, I'm actually pulling to the right significantly. It makes it difficult to actually fly directly to a subject smoothly. I would think this would be easy enough to correct in firmware. the camera is mechanically attached fine, but once the motors turn on, it kicks several degrees off. :-(

Have you already calibrated your drone with IMU and gimbal calibrations?

RedHotPoker
2017-1-14
Use props
asheler1
lvl.1

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-14 15:50
Have you already calibrated your drone with IMU and gimbal calibrations?

Yes, I've had the drone since last Spring and tried that a couple of times over the summer, but it always ended up in the same position. I haven't been flying it much lately but I finally took it out again today and was reminded what a PITA it is. :-(
2017-1-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

asheler1 Posted at 2017-1-14 17:43
Yes, I've had the drone since last Spring and tried that a couple of times over the summer, but it always ended up in the same position. I haven't been flying it much lately but I finally took it out again today and was reminded what a PITA it is. :-(

So you tried and it never worked.

How come you never sent it in for repair last year? Or you thought it would miraculously heal itself? ;-)
keep praying then...  

You could still have it fixed.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-14
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Canada

my yaw arm was bent, got fixed for free under warranty. Honestly im done with the whole smart drone thing. its too easy and boring to fly and when theres a problem theres a long wait to get it fixed. Once you get into diy racing quads youll never go back to "smart drones"!! right redhotpoker??
2017-1-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I've never built any racing drones, yet. But assembling models yourself can be a lot more interesting than simply out of the box flying.
As we know, when there are problems, it can often take several weeks to fix them. If you are more intimately involved with your aircraft, then you might also have spare parts to fix it.

RedHotPoker
2017-1-14
Use props
fansb6f19f76
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16952 ft
United States

Same problem here, tried IMU cal and and gimbal cal, still points off to the left about 10deg.
Please allow the user to set the zero point on all gimbal axes, How hard can this be?
2017-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules