Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bought the Osmo yesterday, returning it today!
2278 9 2015-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
almawali
New

United Arab Emirates

I bought the camera after I saw it with a friendand saw all the youtubes. I bought it from a local dealer in Dubai, and waspromised one year international warranty.
I charged the battery as instructed to full before using the camera forfirst time, then I used it for 20 minuets. I noticed the following problemsright away:
1- I have LG G4 Android, the apps keeps disconnecting and camerarestarts, don't know why.
2- The picture quality wasn't impressive.
3- The video would only record for 7 seconds, then disconnects and Ihave to restart everything including the app. I repeated that many times, themax was 7 seconds to record.
4- The battery was draining like nothing, after 20 mintues, I had only10% left.
I called my friend for advice. He advised me to upgrade the firmware to19+. I did.
Nothing of the above got resolved.
I called the local dealer, he says sorry, no return. It has one yearwarranty, take it to the service centre. I took it to the local DJI agent inDubai for replacement, their name in DJI web site as the local agent in Dubai.They said you didn't buy it from us, so no replacement, but we will try to fix it, leave it for aweek. If we need to ship it back, DJI will charge you $120 dollars. Then thegentleman was kind enough to play it with it for 3 minutes. He reset the cameraand gamble using the app. Problem no. 3 above was fixed, now I can record videos for more than 7 seconds.
Since they will leave it for a week, and I am travelling in two days, I took it back hoping to take a fight with the guy I purchased itfrom to replace it. Still waiting for him to respond.
IF I BUY A NEW PRODUCT, AND PAY $650, I EXPECT IT TO WORK FROM THE FIRSTTIME! I AM SERIOUSLY DISAPPINTED WITH THIS PRODUCT.
Now I am stuck, I don't knwo what to do
2015-12-16
Use props
nwhit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 374 ft
United States

My first unit was bad -- fan didn't run, very poor low light video. Dealer replaced it under their Satisfaction Guarantee program.

Just did a shoot last weekend with new unit in daylight conditions, both outside and interior of a yacht. VERY impressed with quality of both video and stills. Unit operated mostly smoothly. Still has a couple hiccups with the horizon and the gimbal, but nothing that can't be cured with another firmware improvement.

For a "bleeding edge", first gen product, I'm pleased. I used the Osmo instead of my $2k GlideCam vest system and pro Panny camera. Sure is a LOT easier to set up and use! While this unit may be brand new and not 100% refined, I have to say this is very impressive technology even as new as it is.
2015-12-16
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, almawali, please let me help you before you return your Osmo.
1) If you used your Osmo for the first time, you need to activate your Osmo fisrt. Please check the following post: http://forum.dji.com/thread-35551-1-1.html
2) About your Android device, please understand the supporting device of DJI GO app is as follows:Android Version v2.4.3.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
iOS Version v2.4.2. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Please make sure you've install the latest v2.4.3 app. You can also test the other devices.
3)You mentioned that you can only recorded 7 seconds, please try to check your resolution setting, if it's 4K 4096*2160 , then it's a known firmware(1.0.1.19+) issue of Osmo, we will fix it in the next firmware which will come soon. You can try to reset all the camera settings.  The other resolutions should work well.
4) The battery can support 1 hour for HD video shooting, please understand the recording time can be reduced according to your resolution setting and gimbal movement. For dynamic shooting, it can last 30-40 minutes. Since the capacity is only 960 mhA, it's better to have spare batteries if you want to shoot video for a long time.
If you have any questions about Osmo, please feel free to reply me here. Thank you.
2015-12-16
Use props
almawali
New

United Arab Emirates

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-17 05:51
Hi, almawali, please let me help you before you return your Osmo.
1) If you used your Osmo for the f ...

Thank you DJI-Amy for your reply. Herewith answers to your comments:

1-        Yes, I activated it. I guess without activating it, I can’t continue using it.

2-        My LG G4 Android phone is running Android 5.1. The LG G4 is a popular phone, and running full Android, so if Osmo is set for Android, LG would not be an exception. The DJI Go app I installed is the latest app in Google Play Store.

3-        As I said, this issue of 7 seconds recorded was solved as soon as the guy reset the camera and gambles in the app. I guess the resolution changed to the default. Once is the next firmware update coming?

4-        Since I am was only able to record for 7 seconds, trust me, the battery was draining without even video recording. My battery, as confirmed by the Dubai agent in DJI web site, was damaged. He said probably this unit was in stock for long time (more than 3 months), and usually batteries will be damaged. He advised me to charge the battery 100%, but then use it only up to 50%, then charge it again 100%, and use it again 50%, repeat this 10 times! This is extremely inconvenient, I never seen a product battery needs to be operated this way.  I wonder if DJI will stand by its product and send me a new battery. The agent said none of our business. As for me, I will buy a new battery anyway; I have no choice, because the current one lasts only 20 minutes max with 3 minutes recording.
2015-12-16
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

almawali Posted at 2015-12-17 14:23
Thank you DJI-Amy for your reply. Herewith answers to your comments:

1-        Yes, I activated it ...

Thanks for your feedback about the mobile device, we will consider it seriously.
About the battery, what the agent told you is totally wrong, you don't have to do this 10 times. The thing is the battery may auto discharge a little bit during the long storing period, so if you just use it before charging for the first time, it might be used less than 40 minutes. Please try to fully charge it first, make sure the led light on the charger turns from red to green, the charging process will take 1 hour at most, and do another battery test. Also, you can see the battery information on the app, you can see the battery percentage on the main screen , DJI GO -> camera ->General settings->About ->Battery info. You can see the battery info here. If you think your battery still have problem, you can send us the screen shot of the battery info.
2015-12-16
Use props
thgrab
lvl.2
Germany

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-17 07:42
Thanks for your feedback about the mobile device, we will consider it seriously.
About the battery ...

I have had the expierience that some times batterys need to charge them 3 or 4 times to get the full capacity, this can be happen with different types of batterys.
2015-12-17
Use props
almawali
New

United Arab Emirates

Hi,  just to update,  I got a new camera today...  Hooray!  It was working all good for one hour and I was recording and playing happily.  BUT, just 5 min ago,  the DJI Go Android pp won't open and crash continuely on every attempt.  I Uninstalled it,  installed again,  same thing.  I deleted all related folders including cache,  installed,  again,  but still crash and will not open.  Any idea what should I do
2015-12-17
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

almawali Posted at 2015-12-18 04:25
Hi,  just to update,  I got a new camera today...  Hooray!  It was working all good for one hour and ...

Hi, what is the verison of your Android system? Please try to upgrade to 4.1.2 or later. Also, please turn on the Osmo, connect the wifi and then enter DJI GO app -> tap top left corner icon to enter Flight Record-> tap top left corner to return to home->enter Camera. If it still crash, please try to export the crash log txt file: mobile device/ /sdcard/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH .
2015-12-17
Use props
almawali
New

United Arab Emirates

Just an update to this.... I finally gave up. Between the suck battery time, the Android app crashing, instability of connection between the app and the Osmo, I finally decide it to sell it and loose $70. I am not upset with the money I lost, I am upset with this product from DJI that didn't go through enough testing. If I put Apple products at 10 (in terms, working right form the box), I would put this one at 5 on the same scale.

For those worked for'm, all the best!
2016-1-2
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for your negative events. I hope you get a better experience with whatever new product/brand you switch to.
2016-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules