Problem using a Mac to download flight data
2423 8 2015-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ThuttomMe
lvl.1

United States

When connecting the Phantom 3 Pro to the "aircraft micro USB port" in order to download flight data, my iMac does not "see" the aircraft. When I connect it to my PC it does and I can download the files. I noticed that the PC installed a driver for the aircraft before the connection worked. I also know the aircraft looks like an external USB drive to the computer.

With all this said, has anyone else had trouble connecting to a MAC and if so did you resolve the issue?
Let me ask the question a little differently. Has or is anyone sucessfuly connecting to a mac to download the flight data? If so what type of Mac and what version of the OS?

Some system info
OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5
iMac 27 inch mid 2011

Thank You
Tom

2015-12-19
Use props
norbertw48
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19747 ft
United States

I am having a similar problem, although I can not see the .dat files in Windows either.  When I connect the P3P through the micro USB to my iMac 27 inch Late 2013 running El Capitan 10.11.2 it recognizes the DJI Controller and ask me if I want to use it on the iMac or Windows since I am running Windows 10 in Parallels on the iMac.  It doesn't matter which one I select, the DJI Controller still does not show up in either Finder on the iMac or Explorer on Windows 10.

I can access the flight data logs .txt files in iTunes by connecting my iPad to my iMac.
2015-12-19
Use props
Tom.south.flori
lvl.1

United States

norbertw48 Posted at 2015-12-20 00:34
I am having a similar problem, although I can not see the .dat files in Windows either.  When I conn ...

For those interested, I posted the same question on the Phantompilots forum and got an answer on how to do this. See the link below.

Do the DJI admins have any comments on why downloading the .dat files from a mac is such a problem?

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... -using-a-mac.61756/
2016-1-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tom.south.flori Posted at 2016-1-29 23:31
For those interested, I posted the same question on the Phantompilots forum and got an answer on h ...

You just have to enable the hidden files on your Mac.

Open a Terminal window (Applications/Utilities/Terminal). Write the following in the Terminal:
defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

Press Enter.
Exit Terminal. Restart Finder (easy way is to choose the Apple menu at the top left of the screen and then "Force Quit Finder".
2016-1-29
Use props
Tom.south.flori
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-29 23:59

Open a Terminal window (Applications/Utilit ...

Thanks DJI -Ken
I will try it. That looks a lot simpler that the other snswer I got.
Tom
2016-1-30
Use props
tim.hulse
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72881 ft
Bermuda

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-29 11:59

Open a Terminal window (Applications/Utilit ...

Actually Ken, i don't even see the drive from my Mac. Fin on my PC, invisible on the mac.
2016-1-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

tim.hulse Posted at 2016-1-30 09:05
Actually Ken, i don't even see the drive from my Mac. Fin on my PC, invisible on the mac.

I don't know why you can't see the drive, Does your SD card adapter have a lock and it's locked?
If your Mac cannot see it with hidden files enabled then it's something with your Mac.
Can you find a PC from a friend/neighbor to try.
2016-1-30
Use props
Mromansea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89314 ft
United States

Guys - same problem here. Can't get an Inspire1 to mount...anyone else had similar problems? I can see the drive inside Disk Utility but it will not mount. Help!
2017-4-21
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Any of you see this post https://datfile.net/DatCon/retrieve.html ?  The basic flaw seems to be that you can already see the SC card.
No haven't tried it and not even sure why I marked the reference.
2017-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules