Help - P3P returned two weeks ago on RMA, Have heard NOTHING from DJI
859 11 2015-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info
lvl.4

United States

Can someone with DJI in the screen name please look into RMA 1130201592585225354 and see what is going on?

Tomorrow (Monday) will be 2 weeks since it arrived in LA and I have not heard a word.

I am off work the next two weeks and had hoped to fly it. Not looking like that will happen....

I was assured it would be two weeks at the most when I spoke to the woman at DJI before returning it.

thank you

PS for those interested, the issue is NO SIGNAL. Had this P3A that after many FW updates had finally started working reliably. While it was not working OK, I bought a P3P.
The P3P never worked reliably, worked fine sometimes, always when I most needed it to work fine, NO SIGNAL and the inability to record images. Returned that P3P to B&H for refund.
Eventually purchased a 4K camera for the P3A (needed higher resolution). Once installed, it worked fine for the first battery (15 min or so), on 2nd battery, NO SIGNAL.

DJI needs to get the products they have already shipped and been paid for working as advertised before they toot their horn on new things that may never work correctly.

2015-12-20
Use props
info
lvl.4

United States

Has anyone from dji seen this yet?
2015-12-20
Use props
info
lvl.4

United States

Hello DJI, United States calling, are we reaching?
2015-12-20
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Hi ,
Sorry about late reply ! I'll get you a feedback as soon as possible !
2015-12-21
Use props
info
lvl.4

United States

As of today DJI has had my P3P for 3 weeks.

After calling them at the 2 week mark, they sent me an invoice for $430 that had nothing to do with why I sent it in. [lost signal]

I spoke with a fellow last week that was by far the most responsible employee at DJI yet. He listened to the entire story. apologized for the way DJI operates and said he would test it and get back to me on the 24th.

Heard nothing til today. They said they flew it and did not find any problems. I replied that the problem is sporadic, usually appearing when I MOST NEED it to work as advertised.

Just called DJI tech support. In 24 minutes on hold, I went from being caller 47 to being caller 37.

I have hung up.

DJI - either make my P3P work as advertised RELIABLY, replace it with a new P3P that works RELIABLY, or refund my money.

I have spent over $2000 on drone, extra batteries, ipad, cables. I have spent dozens of hours upgrading firmware again and again, reading info on this website, packaging it up to send to you and for all this I have a very expensive useless gadget.

My RMA # is 1130201592585225354.

Would someone please make one of the three things below happen SOON.

1 Make my P3P work RELIABLY
2 Replace with a new P3P that works RELIABLY
3 Refund all my  money.

thank you.

2015-12-28
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-28
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

info@coastodian Posted at 2015-12-29 07:44
As of today DJI has had my P3P for 3 weeks.

After calling them at the 2 week mark, they sent me an  ...

Sorry about that . I'llcontact US support center to confirm your problem .
2015-12-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am looking into it as we speak
2015-12-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

They are flight tested it after repair and had no issues and let you know. You stated that the signal loss is sporadic,  so at no charge they will install a new video transmitter.
They cannot provide a refund because you had modified it by putting the 4k camera on it.
The repair charges were because of the main board, and damage on the yaw gimbal motor, and a few other items.
Please reply to your ticket if you have further questions.

2015-12-29
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

I am very tired of all these horror stories with DJI service.  I sent a controller in over a month ago, just got a notice that the ticket is being closed and considered resolved.  Where is my controller I asked.  No response.  I am glad I had two controllers.
2015-12-29
Use props
info
lvl.4

United States

Ken,

Thank you for the update

Regarding my having replaced the camera causing issues.

If this is the case, then why did DJI-Tim, on 28 Oct write:

terrylewis Posted at 2015-10-28 06:47
    You may want to research the following links over on PhantomPilots for confirmation:
    http://www.phan ...

Nice and useful video! thanks for sharing, Terry!

See this thread for entire discussion: http://forum.dji.com/thread-34336-1-1.html

Why didn't DJI-TIm explain that replacing the camera would be problematic in the future?

DJI does itself, and its customers, a real dis-service by not being consistent, by not answering emails, by suggesting we use the real time chat (which has NEVER worked for me), by not having enough people to handle tech support calls ( i was caller 47 in queue yesterday and after 24 minutes moved to caller 37), at which point i hung up.

The moisture sensor on the drone of mine you have would not have gone off if the drone had not jumped into a lake after i did what I was told to do in your quickstart guide to shut off the motors after landing.
Only after many weeks did you put out that we should hold down the left stick to turn off the motors.

As stated before, I have invested a great deal of time and money in your company and products. I have little to show for it. Even though I have tried everything I could find to get your product to work as advertised.

I bought it back in april for a specific purpose. Due to failed upgrades, loss of signal, and other issues with your product, I was never able to use it for the reason I spent so much money.

I've been off work for two weeks now, and have no P3 to use during this time. Even though your employee assured me it would be 2 weeks or less to get it back to me. I heard nothing from DJI for 2 weeks, until I reached out to you.

Just now I received an email from some mystery person (they do not sign the emails sent to me), stating the video transmitter has been replaced and it si not showing "No signal". They assure me it is working correctly. Yet, they have never seen it not work correctly. The loss of signal did NOT occur when it had the 1080 camera on it. After upgrading to a 4K camera, the loss of signal appeared, just like it appeared on the P3P I bought from B&H Photo ( and finally returned) after failing to solve it with more than a few FW updates. FW updates that never went smoothly, even though I did them exactly as suggested.

This is NOT how to do business, nor treat your customers.
2015-12-29
Use props
info
lvl.4

United States

UPDATE

DJI decided to NOT replace all the things they discovered "needed replacing", yet in no way addressed the issue for which I returned the P3A/P"

They did replace the video transmitter and did 3 long range tests with no loss of signal.

It was returned to me.

I opened the box to find my original box inside their shipping box.

NOTE: when I opened the box this unit arrived in the first time when brand new,
    1) There was a loose screw floating around the box
    2) one of the red disks that holds the red plastic box handle in place had already fallen out, rendering the handle half-broken.

Now, upon opening the box after the first repair:
    1) There is another loose screw floating around inside the box
    2) the white foam shim used to protect the gimble, upon which I had written my name is safely tucked in to a corner of the box.
    3) the plastic gadet used to hold the camera steady is now loose, the camera flopping around.

DJI, if the factory thought the foam shim was needed to protect the camera in shipping, why in the hell did your factory authorized repair place not install the foam shim?

If this gimble has any problems, I want a new camera shipped to me at no cost. I will install it.

The craft was flown for 1.5 batteries and no loss of signal was experienced. I will attempt to fly it again next weekend and report back.

DJI, your business practices continue to fill me with a total lack of confidence.
2016-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules