Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Firmware for the Inspire 1/Inspire 1 Pro
12Next >
9944 54 2015-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

DJI Releases New Firmware for the Inspire 1/Inspire 1 Pro

New firmware updates are available for the Inspire 1 series, please visit the Inspire 1 and Inspire 1 Pro product pages to download and update your firmware.

Overview:
1.      All-in-One Firmware version for Inspire 1 updated to v1.6.0.40; firmware version for Inspire 1 Pro updated to v1.3.0.60.
2.      DJI GO app iOS version updated to v2.4.2.
3.      DJI GO app Android version updated to v2.4.3.

What’s New:
1.       In cold environments, propulsion output is automatically adjusted based on battery temperature and cell voltage. Horizontal and vertical speed is also decreased to avoid triggering battery protection.
2.       Optimized gimbal performance for smoother yaw on the Inspire 1 Pro.

Notes:
1.      The firmware can only be downgraded to v1.5.0.30 or later for Inspire, while the firmware can be downgraded to v1.0.0.30 or later for Inspire 1 Pro.

2015-12-22
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Is the image quality of the X5 fixed, and the missing improved bitrate settings for PAL modes? Can we finally work and produce?
2015-12-22
Use props
coyut.riot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Just did the update.
Status is ok in the .txt file. But once again.. shown Aircraft firmware within the GoApp is 1.5.00.30+ and not 01.03.00.60.
Another thing is.. after booting the camera/gimbal stays all the way turned to the right max. So I'll need to unwind it first.

App 2.4.3
Aircraft 1.5.00.30+
RC 1.5.70
Camera 1.2.0.50+

Anyone else got this

Btw. The 1.5.00.30+ Aircraft information is the same on the Inspire as on the Inspire 1 Pro.
Both birds show this after the update.

2015-12-22
Use props
iovaneluigi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 251499 ft
Italy

coyut.riot Posted at 2015-12-22 16:11
Just did the update.
Status is ok in the .txt file. But once again.. shown Aircraft firmware within  ...

I have the same informations after update.
No update for batteries?
2015-12-22
Use props
snathla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

coyut.riot Posted at 2015-12-22 07:11
Just did the update.
Status is ok in the .txt file. But once again.. shown Aircraft firmware within  ...

I am getting the same information on both the Aircrafts, what gives DJI? Why does it not show the correct version?
2015-12-22
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wtf? I haven't even had a chance to fly since the last update ENOUGH WITH THE UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2015-12-22
Use props
MJones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74783 ft
United States

DJI Tim, please check the release notes with regard to the firmware version number for the DJI GO application for IOS.  I believe it should read 2.4.3,   NOT 2.4.2

An update of the release notes to properly list the current IOS firmware level would help customers properly manage their aircraft.

Regards,
Mike
2015-12-22
Use props
SkyOptics
lvl.3
Flight distance : 286637 ft
United Kingdom

The firmware version numbers don't tie in with the a/c firmware numbers. Sometimes the FW only updates the camera, etc. Therefore for the Pro/X5 v1.3.0.60 will give an aircraft firmware number of 1.5.00.30+ and camera v1.2.0.50+ For the Inspire 1 the update v1.6.0.4 will give the same a/c version as the Pro update and for the camera will be v1.5.00.30.
2015-12-22
Use props
jamescole
lvl.2

Mexico

SO will this update make the Inspire 1 even slower to limit current draw?

JC
2015-12-22
Use props
MJones
lvl.2
United States

The following information, correctly reported by the most current DJI GO app (IOS version)  2.4.3, on the most current Radio Controller (Inspire 1PRO version) 1.5.70:

File source:  DJI website, Inspire 1 PRO Downloads, Inspire 1 PRO Firmware Update, v1.3.0.60 dated 2015-12-22
Executing this file (WM610_FC550_FW_V01.03.00.60.bin) in the X5 camera creates:
Aircraft version : 1.6.00.40
Camera version: 1.3.0.60

Perhaps someone who has everything up to date on the Inspire 1 with X3, could report their data in this same format.

It might help others to correctly understand what source file was used, what aircraft/camera configuration was used, and what versions were created for both aircraft and camera after executing the update file.

Regards,
Mike

2015-12-22
Use props
CloudChaserCT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8031880 ft
United States

Absolutely not Updating, especially after several past Firmware Versions that deceased the speed I once originally had. Basically lost 15-20mph in top speed until the latest FW 1.5 brought back the full speed my Inspire 1 had 4 moths ago, now top speed is 60-65mph. Its nice to have the ability crank to the next spot for some pics.

Instead why not improve the FW for the not so Smart Batteries, instead of throttling the Inpire back due to Battery Temp or Voltage when i may need to get back quickly even if it cost me a Battery, better then losing over a 4 grand Quad. Haven't had any issues in about a year I've owned my Inspire 1, using the same 8 batteries with over 750 Flights on my Inspire.. If you wanted to implement this, then it should be done as an Enable or Disable Function..

Id rather fry a battery then lose top speed when clearing a bunch of trees to land in an emergency, also not having control over this is Not good, Yes it will automatically reduce your Speed to lessen the Current Draw on the Battery in Horizontal or Vertical Operation, either if the Battery is too Hot, or getting large Voltage Drops.

've been Flying RC Gas and Electric Copters, Airplanes, for over 25 years and for the past 4 years I've been Building and Flying Drones, I also insulate Batteries IF used during the winter, which I'm 100% knowledgeable in the Damage that happens from hard flights or sudden Voltage Drops, But in NO Way do i want My $4,000+ Inspire to throttle itself back without my control. None of my other 15 Quads, Hexa's or Octo's  that measure up to 1500mm do this without My Control, that also can be flown over 5 miles away.

You can only take away so many Control Options from us, but to make it a Selectable Function for those that Want it, would be fine.
2015-12-22
Use props
CloudChaserCT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8031880 ft
United States

jamescole Posted at 2015-12-23 11:21
SO will this update make the Inspire 1 even slower to limit current draw?

JC

That is Correct... But actually it will Throttle your Horizontal and Vertical Speeds back based on Battery Temp being too high, or Voltage getting low.. Its a very bad idea, id rather lose a Battery than my Inspire 1 if i have to make an emergency landing but stuck over a lot of trees..
2015-12-22
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

MJones Posted at 2015-12-23 06:47
DJI Tim, please check the release notes with regard to the firmware version number for the DJI GO ap ...

Please, connect to internet, so it will show the new version correctly
2015-12-22
Use props
Highranger
lvl.2
Australia

I am not updating either since DJI compromised the original camera Log after 1.3 and replaced it with a virtually useless log, this coincided with the release of the much more featured X5 camera.

Firmware updates in my opinion may dumb down your machine rather than improving it. BEWARE!!
2015-12-23
Use props
kaaooss
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2743143 ft
  • >>>
Australia

So, to confirm with DJI, this update for the Inspire 1 was only for I1 and camera? NOT the batteries, NOT the RC?
2015-12-23
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Was just going to ask that kaaooss.
2015-12-23
Use props
Harryscopic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1422920 ft
Spain

Yesterday I received my new Inspire 1 Pro, updated the aircraft and X5 with this new firmware, and installed the latest GO app (2.4.3) on my android S5. Then the RC updated through the app from the internet and the trouble started.

It shows version 1.5.70 and the LED is green, but it won't connect to the aircraft and I can't change the firmware. I've tried installing various versions through USB thumb drives formatted many times but the RC does not react to any bin file from USB. I've set USB debugging on the phone, removed and installed the GO app many times, but no luck. The app fails at updating the firmware (it's supposed the have the latest version already).

It can't connect it to the Inspire and there is no option to set it as master or slave; that option has disappeared from the app. I'm beginning to think the RC is faulty.

What else can I try?
2015-12-23
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Rob W Posted at 2015-12-22 15:28
Is the image quality of the X5 fixed, and the missing improved bitrate settings for PAL modes? Can w ...

@DJI

Is this firmware fixing the bad image/film quality on the X5? And is it incorporating the improved bitrate for PAL modes? Please answer.
2015-12-23
Use props
MJones
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-12-23 15:50
Please, connect to internet, so it will show the new version correctly

Hi Tim, that is the point, the Internet version of the release notes on the Inspire 1 PRO Downloads page has the wrong information.  It shows the DJI GO app version of 2.4.2 for IOS which is not correct as you know?  The latest version is 2.4.3

Regards,

Mike
2015-12-23
Use props
Ryan Gordon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2186250 ft
  • >>>
United States

MJones Posted at 2015-12-23 10:41
Hi Tim, that is the point, the Internet version of the release notes on the Inspire 1 PRO Download ...

I'm starting to question what these guys actually "know".  Mistakes all over the place and the language barrier is becoming extremely obvious.
2015-12-23
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Quick query Tim,

This firmware v1.6.4 is this only for the Inspire Pro.

I have just updated my Inspire 1 and immediately thought there was yet another update.

Must say these updates for Inspire 1, Inspire Pro etc. is becoming confusing.  Even the DJI download page does not say which aircraft this v1.6.4 is for.

Constructive feedback :  Is it possible to have simply one update that would work on all versions on Inspire aircraft.  This would remove the ambiguity that seems to be building.
2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

GB44 Posted at 2015-12-24 05:16
Quick query Tim,

This firmware v1.6.4 is this only for the Inspire Pro.

yeach, totally understand you, I also have been asking our R&D to make one firmware, so it's less confusing. Hope they will do it in the next versions
2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

MJones Posted at 2015-12-24 01:41
Hi Tim, that is the point, the Internet version of the release notes on the Inspire 1 PRO Download ...

I noticed that yesterday and notified HQ, the Phantom pages say 2.4.2 as well.
2015-12-23
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
United Kingdom

How does the drone know if it's cold? Is there a thermometer built in? Does the app try to get the local weather report? Or is it just based on, "It's December, it must be cold."?

It's 25 degrees C where I am today...
2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Ranen
DJI team
Flight distance : 191562 ft
Hong Kong

Ryan Gordon Posted at 2015-12-24 02:39
I'm starting to question what these guys actually "know".  Mistakes all over the place and the lan ...

Hi Ryan, the support team is knowledgeable, but not all of us are native English speakers. I'm a native English speaker working at HQ as an English trainer and editor to help remedy this. Doing our best to improve!
2015-12-23
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Ranen Posted at 2015-12-24 08:29
Hi Ryan, the support team is knowledgeable, but not all of us are native English speakers. I'm a na ...

Is it very difficult for DJI to answer the following questions?

Is the image quality of the X5 fixed, and the missing improved bitrate settings for PAL modes?

Why do I ask? I ask because I try to make a living of this Pro product.

I try to make a living of this, a small company, yes. But I do need answers. I've supported DJI through many years, buying the F450, F550 and many Nazas. Then stepping up to S800, S900 A2, Inspire X3, Inspire X5, Phantom 3 Pro...

DJI, I've spent $$$$$ that went to your pockets, why can't you answer some simple questions?

2015-12-24
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

CloudChaserCT Posted at 2015-12-23 06:35
That is Correct... But actually it will Throttle your Horizontal and Vertical Speeds back based on ...

The plane flies a longer distance NOT using full speed. The chance is higher you land into trees if you go back full speed as if you go back with 70% speed.

Its like with a car. You dont get more range driving 200 km/h you have more range with 140 km/h.
2015-12-24
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Hterag Posted at 2015-12-24 07:49
How does the drone know if it's cold? Is there a thermometer built in? Does the app try to get the l ...

It has nothing to do with the temperature. The drone just looks it the battery falls to lower voltage like a 80% battery going to 3.5v as a result of continous full throttle flight in cold environments.

However I dont know at which level it starts reducing speed and if it just looks on the voltage itself or how fast voltage dropps.

Actually I think some Inspire have crashed because of batteries turned off at 3.x volt while they still would have 10min flight times if not used in full throttle. I realized high voltage fluctuations at full throttle when it was colder but I always reacted and reduced speed. I understand otherwise the plane would have just fallen down at some point.

So I think this is a usefull update because this actually is a dangerous situation.
2015-12-24
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
United Kingdom

Machoman Posted at 2015-12-24 16:07
It has nothing to do with the temperature. The drone just looks it the battery falls to lower volt ...

I see what you mean, thanks for clarifying that.
2015-12-24
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

R&L  Aerial Posted at 2015-12-22 13:20
Wtf? I haven't even had a chance to fly since the last update ENOUGH WITH THE UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Man I agree strongly,  give it a break  This is getting  absurd I am spending more time updating calibrating and testing  than flying, I really am getting sick of it.  what I would like to know is this- whenever an update is required my google map disappears, you then connect to wifi and you get the upgrade required crap I have not even had the pad on line, yet it will kick the maps out and force you to go on line to get upgrade message how the hell does that work.  is the next upgrade (or shut off) already scheduled?  I really would like to feel like that I own the damn thing.
2015-12-24
Use props
Harryscopic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1422920 ft
Spain

Harryscopic Posted at 2015-12-23 18:46
Yesterday I received my new Inspire 1 Pro, updated the aircraft and X5 with this new firmware, and i ...

Solved the issue.
2015-12-24
Use props
quadslo
lvl.2

Slovenia

DJI-Tim, I tried to upgrade Inspire with X5 and I got this 8/15 error. I heard that it can be solved with FW fix. Is there any way I can do this at home?
I am cooperating with DJI, but due to the holidays all of my contacts are away. Thanks

[00025971][08 00][00] device not detected.

[00038970][15 00][00] device not detected.

[00041219]Packet upgrade failed at version checking.
2015-12-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Machoman Posted at 2015-12-24 07:58
The plane flies a longer distance NOT using full speed. The chance is higher you land into trees i ...

This is true, but the pilot has the choice to use the throttle if he needs it. If I was flying a full sized aircraft the throttle would not go all the way to max, I would bring the plane back for maintenance!!

Rich
2015-12-26
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-12-23 18:12
yeach, totally understand you, I also have been asking our R&D to make one firmware, so it's less  ...

Hi Tim,

I understand your R&D is doing there best to keep up with the issues. It would seem to release all the updates at once unless they are critical to safety.

I own both the P3P and Inspire 1 X3 and it is getting harder to keep this stuff all straight.

Thanks

Rich
2015-12-26
Use props
gregogarrison
lvl.1
United States

Here is my update dilemma...depending on the battery I put in the upgraded (X5) Inspire this is the version information.

Battery 1
App 2.42
Aircraft 1.4.00.10
Camera 1.1.0.40

Battery 2
Aircraft 1.2.1.03
All others the same as battery one

The problem is that the aircraft won't update.  I can put battery 2 in and try ver 1.3 and the aircraft does not update.  I put in battery 1 and it won't update to ver 1.5.  Yes I have the file in root directory.  I have reformatted the card, try all the different updates and the aircraft does not update.  

Any suggestions.  To date this has been the most unreliable camera platform I use.  In hindsight it would have been cheaper and less time consuming to hire a drone operator and camera for our shoots.

Thanks for the assistance...Greg
2015-12-26
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

gregogarrison Posted at 2015-12-27 07:34
Here is my update dilemma...depending on the battery I put in the upgraded (X5) Inspire this is the  ...

Greg,  
you've got a very interesting case here, I'll talk to our engineers on Monday and see what we can do with that.
2015-12-26
Use props
music3n1ent.aol
lvl.1

United States

R&L  Aerial Posted at 2015-12-22 15:20
Wtf? I haven't even had a chance to fly since the last update ENOUGH WITH THE UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

I agree with you
2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

gregogarrison Posted at 2015-12-27 07:34
Here is my update dilemma...depending on the battery I put in the upgraded (X5) Inspire this is the  ...

Could you please provide us your log  file?
2015-12-27
Use props
gregogarrison
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-12-27 21:52
Could you please provide us your log  file?

Hi Tim,

Where would I find the Log file.  On the micro SD card?  There is nothing on the card except the DCIM Folder.
2015-12-28
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Rob W Posted at 2015-12-24 19:08
Is it very difficult for DJI to answer the following questions?

Is the image quality of the X5 fix ...

@DJI-Ranen

In the interest of staying constructive, seeing how DJI has been positioning (and pricing) certain products as professional tools, perhaps it might help if DJI offered a new tier of support for people using and buying DJI products for professional use - Canon does that through their CPS programme, which ensures that professionals get the level of support needed to keep going.

I've spent more money on DJI products in the last 2 years - 2 Phantom 2 with the H3-2D then the H3-3D gimbals, 2 Inspire 1s, Phantom 3 Pro, OSMO, a Zenmuse X5 upgrade for the Inspire, not to mention numerous batteries, chargers, propellers, mounts, extensions, In the last 24 months.

You do not want to know how many shoots I've had to cancel/postpone due to the recent firmware botch ups.

- My Inspire's X3 lies dead, thanks to the last firmware update
- That's now forced me into an X5 upgrade for a NYE job, which the local distributor still hasn't finished installing - it's been a week since I sent it in - I'm potentially losing another job if this isn't sorted
- I just had a bad scare thanks to the latest OSMO firmware, which would have put another job out.

I wish DJI would take its professional clients a little more seriously. If these are professional tools which need firmware updates to prevent equipment failure during a job, I need to know that the tool is going to work when I'm on the job. It doesn't matter how many features or how cool the product is if it cannot be counted on.

I get it that DJI cannot provide pro-level service and support for all customers. But please take your professional customers a lot more seriously, or you're going to lose them en masse when a viable alternative comes around offering service systems that keep professionals going.

We cannot continue to pay the penalties for botched firmware. While my gigs are largely freelance and merely supplement income, I'm sure there are many people out there who make a living off your products.
2015-12-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules