Phantom 3 Standard update (RC signal lost issue)
1234Next >
149281 159 2015-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anthonyohepurre
New

Venezuela

tengo el problema despues de la actualizacion alguien a logrado solucionar? ya he re-link, lo desarme he echo de todo y nada que encuentro solución
2016-2-10
Use props
sewtec.gmail
New

United States

I had my phantom 3 standard also for about 20 days and have logged about 2.5 hours of flight with it. The maximum distance I have flown out before returning is 2650ft. I have been really impressed! Up until the firmware update I did two days ago everything was great, but now I am constantly getting "RC Signal Loss" and the most annoying thing about it is when I am trying to get video and this happens it kind of ruins the moment because the phantom will stop! I called DJI tech support and they offered to have me send it in for repair with a 2 week turnaround time. Thank goodness I bought it from Best Buy because even though their return policy is 14 days they are going to take it back as an exchange because I have decided to upgrade to the phantom pro. I feel bad for the ones that don't have that option and are stuck with a drone that gets a lousy signal after an update.
2016-2-11
Use props
jacko3333
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6070 ft
United States

jeremydionisio Posted at 2016-1-29 13:13
Vicente, reply #15, is right.  You need to start up your drone and your remote.  Click the menu dire ...

This worked!!!  Thanks again!
2016-2-17
Use props
dabassham
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176936 ft
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-25 03:28
If you are using  a Phantom 3 Standard , please follow the manual .

Hey Dji-Patrick  That was very helpful, thanks!   It still took me 3 tries to get the controller back in sinc with the bird but it finally took.   
2016-2-17
Use props
SwedishDroneDud
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164098 ft

Sweden

I´ve nerver had this issue but thanks for the warning
2016-2-21
Use props
TiagoJesus
New

Brazil

O meu também esta perdendo o sinal sem sair do chão
My this also losing the signal without leaving the ground
2016-3-15
Use props
Lynx.1
lvl.1

Australia

I'm not going to Bother picking bits out of the posting or pointing fingers at a " DJI " expert ...
what I will do is pint out 3 things...

1. no mater how many times you link relink Wi-Fi link you will still have a problem ... I will explain further at the end
2. you can start out with a 5/5 signal in side 5m and loos the image in 5m ... the best I have my Phantom 3-4k 104m then patchy image then loss but still have control of the drone..
3. and I will point this out to every one ... after 5 days of loss of Wi-Fi in 3m loss of control in 3m and a hub image that frizzes ....

EXPLAINED IN ONE TEST.... if your running a TAB/PHONE on Andrade .... SWOP to a IPHONE/IPAD... the program on Google play is corrupt ..
How do I now this " My time to speak DJI " ... I have 2 android tabs one runs 4.2+ and the other runs 5.0+... both fail to run the Go app it craps it self ..
So I grabbed a old IPAD ... older than DJI's DRONES ... loaded dji go app on it and ... Holly shit 104m not a flicker not a problem

So to conclude ITS THE APP MOST OF THE TIME....... now I will HACK the antennas with a narrow band plate and push the range out to 200+
2016-4-2
Use props
jefferyfarrell
lvl.2
New Zealand

I Relink after every update. When I first got my bird I could get 1200m but with every subsequent update my range has dropped. I now get 15 max and the controller fails or I lose video conection. I have tried everything but I couldn't find an answer. As a last resort I bought litchi and I can now fly again. 700m out and 300 high. If I switch back to dji go I instantly go back to having the same issues. It is definitely an app/firmware issue that I wish could be solved as I do enjoy using the dji go app as it is what I got use too
2016-4-3
Use props
franciszorrilla
lvl.2

Thailand

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-24 16:21
In your description you did not indicate if you pressed the linking button on the aircraft? It has ...

hi geebax, have you solved the issue with RC Signal Lost?
2016-4-7
Use props
borisricci
New

Italy

Same problem after upgrading firmware.
I have downgrandong the firmware at v1.7.60 and now is not possible to upgrade at v1.8.80.
All problems were born after the upgrade.
Please someone will find a solution. My drone does not work properly after the upgrade.
2016-4-7
Use props
gwilliamiv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 130817 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue after powering up. Everything initialized then the camera droops and RC stops communicating with camera. It's still communicates with aircraft and can start but camera does not respond unless it restarts.....and it only responds for 10 secs or so. Looked at the logs on the ad and it shows thatvitsvtryinb to update but is failing. Found old firmware a but it won't install an older firmware. I need the most recent firmware file so I can reinstall it. I had to replace a ribbon cable recently and this problem happened right after
2016-4-7
Use props
gwilliamiv
lvl.1
United States

It's definitively a firmware issue bc I can read the logs and shows other updates had been successful wxclet the most r end ones and shows that every time I tried to start it that it's trying to update it
2016-4-7
Use props
gwilliamiv
lvl.1
United States

Anybody have the most recent firmware file to email me or setup link. It's the file from March 2016.
2016-4-7
Use props
borisricci
New

Italy

I have uninstalled DJI GO from my IPad and then I re-installed the app.
After this it appeared the upgrade message disponperiamo even volo.ibile for RC and I managed to install the v1.6.0 version RC controller.
With this upgrade the firmware on the controller finally the Phantom (again put v1.8.80) is properly recognized and I no longer have the RC Signal Lost problem.
Now it's all right. We also hope in flight.
2016-4-7
Use props
borisricci
New

Italy

Remember to save Flights data.
I have forgotten, and I lost them.
2016-4-7
Use props
sungeb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96699 ft
Indonesia

Got the same issue ... try to fly about 80m then lost signal .... connect again then lost again all the time ... try to re link this week end .. now it safe to fly using my Phantom 2
2016-4-7
Use props
gwilliamiv
lvl.1
United States

I read on another discussion that if you open up DJI Go App and hold down the grad hat academy button (upper right hand corner) for 5-10 seconds and release that the firmware download screen appears on the go app, After releasing, you can downgrade firmware or reinstall the firmware manually. I tried it and I downgraded to 1.3.5 and upgraded to newest 1.5 and Im still having the same issues. The camera starts then stops and goes limp but video feed still works and can take pictures and record video. I can unplug/replug gray gimbal cable and camera comes back to life then stops  and goes limp after a few seconds.
2016-4-9
Use props
svn.willems
New

I have the same problem after te update I wanted to fly my drone . But same problem  a had camera-feed but nu signal to fly my drone.
I did do the ReLinking of the RC but still after that it doesn't work!!!
What is wrong with this update???

Any help
2016-4-10
Use props
krantonsen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6855305 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Had exactly the same problem. Rc Controller wanted me to update multiple times in a row, but it crashed all the time, so it did not get installed. I downloaded software to the aircraft, installed, and now everything works as it should. The controller has also stopped whining about update
2016-4-10
Use props
john.j.rowan.jr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1046680 ft

Unfortunately I have same issue.  Turned on Phantom Pro and RC controller today, screen said firmware upgrade needed so I applied 1.6.0, it said it was successful and to reboot controller.  Rebooted but when I went into app again got grey screeen, nothing more.  Shut down controller, iPad Mini and P3P.  Turned iPad on, then RC, then P3P.  Said I needed firmware upgrade, current version unknown.  Applied again, successful, reboot, now see camera but RC signal lost, tried reconnecting, says successful but still RC sig lost.  Reboot everything, says firmware upgrade required, upgraded, took longer was counting slowly, watched through 30 percent walked away for brief moment and beeping stopped, console said successful, reboot.  It didn't make sense that it completed since it was progressing slowly.  After reboot, grey screen again.  Uninstalled app, cycled power on iPad mini, reinstalled app, now it's saying firmware requires upgrade AGAIN.  Downloaded.  Started upgrade, says current version unknown.  Said should take 10 minutes.  It climbed slowly up to 89%, jumped to 100% and said RC has been upgraded to latest version V1.6.0, please reboot RC.  Rebooted, still says RC signal lost.  

2016-4-12
Use props
john.j.rowan.jr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1046680 ft

john.j.rowan.jr Posted at 2016-4-13 00:59
Unfortunately I have same issue.  Turned on Phantom Pro and RC controller today, screen said firmwar ...

Thought I'd try my Samsung Galaxy S5 instead of the iPad Mini 2.  S5 said RC Update required.  Check the firmware upgrade tutorial videos in Academy.  Started upgrading, screen says Current version 1.6.0, Download version 1.6.0.  Same slow count from 1 % all the way to 100%, no jump from 89% to 100% like on the iPad mini.  The Upgrade Complete, Please reboot your RC has "Delete Firmware package" centered in the bottom, I did not press that, just rebooted the RC.  When RC booted up went back to saying RC Update Required, current and download versions both 1.6.0.  I guess since I didn't press the delete firmware package in the center of the screen it thought it had to apply it.  
2016-4-12
Use props
mtsipila
lvl.1

Finland

gwilliamiv@gmai Posted at 2016-4-7 14:53
I'm having the same issue after powering up. Everything initialized then the camera droops and RC st ...

Boot your quad without memory card. Now you can controll your camera. Limb gimbal means memory card error. To slow or to fast memory card. Also take your memory card, plug it into reader, in windows go to drive properties and run checkdisk. Always use EJECT for memory card you are going to use in Phantom.
2016-4-13
Use props
Ozed
New

Australia

Had the same issue that I fixed:

start remote
open app and go to home screen (not camera)
click and hold the hat at the top right of the screen for more than 10 seconds
downgrade the RC firmware
Upgrade the aircraft firmware (there is a tutorial for that on the dji website, as it has to be done through the memory card)
once drone is updated, re-upgrade the RC

That did it for me.
2016-4-14
Use props
aerdt
lvl.1
Germany

Ozed Posted at 2016-4-14 18:44

start remote

Thank you. This fixed it for me as well!!

Great job!

If only DJI support would be so smart to recommend this fix.
2016-4-14
Use props
Ozed
New

Australia

aerdt Posted at 2016-4-15 01:27
Thank you. This fixed it for me as well!!

Great job!

They do,i actually got the solution from the chat  help line on the app ;)
2016-4-15
Use props
blog
lvl.1

India

Ozed Posted at 2016-4-14 22:14

start remote

Having tried everything else, this is what finally got it fixed for me!

I also had to update my iOS app to get the new version which has this "backdoor" to downgrade the firmware by holding the the hat down.  I guess they added this feature to the app recently so that people can fix this issue...?

To confirm, what I did was:

1. Upgrade iOS app
2. Hold the hat down (top right corner of iOS app) until the firmware screen popped up and prompted me to download an older firmware version.
3. Downgrade to that firmware.
4. Get new drone firmware from DJI website and update using the SD card method, NOT through the ISO app.
5. Now update the old controller firmware to the new version in the usual way though the app.
2016-4-16
Use props
Ozed
New

Australia

blog Posted at 2016-4-17 15:23
Having tried everything else, this is what finally got it fixed for me!

I also had to update my i ...

glad it worked for you ! I was desperate as I updated the rc right after I bought the quad...and then nothing would work!!!!! thought I bought a lemon !! 2 hours flight over the week end... so happy I bought that thing!
2016-4-17
Use props
windbender
lvl.1
United States

apollo.structur Posted at 2015-12-25 05:34
I purchased a phantom 3 standard on Dec 24, was able to fly it until I had the firmware update. It s ...

Did you ever resolve this?   Have returned one and have the same problem with the replacement - "Signal Loss" after the initial update.  Relinking function say the reliink is successful in the DJI GO app, but the Ipad screen still gives a red "Signal Loss" warning and the led on the quad remains red.
2016-4-17
Use props
Ozed
New

Australia

windbender Posted at 2016-4-17 22:35
Did you ever resolve this?   Have returned one and have the same problem with the replacement - "S ...

Did you try the RC downgrade and drone up ?
2016-4-17
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

Same issue with new out of the box P3S after initial update.
App is connected and can see/control the camera with the app so the 2.4 GHz portion is working, the remote controller shows the green light but the receiver light on the Phantom remains red so link of the 5.8 GHz portion is not working.  Tried the re-linking procedure via App and "manually"  via the RC camera tilt and S2 switch flip as per instructions but the 5.8 GHz control will not work.
I checked the log for the FW update and it seems odd as it indicates a version 99.99.9999:

========== 2016.04.20 15:48:52 =====================
Packet: P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

Could this mean that the firmware upgrade was corrupted and how can this be fixed?
2016-4-21
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42585 ft
United States

Anyone successful in solving  - RC signal lost issue?
2016-4-26
Use props
ahailator
New

Same problem ......
2016-4-29
Use props
bretteld
New

Australia

Hello everyone i had the same issue with the signal loss i would fly no less than 100m away then it would say RTH and once it
got close enough i could cancel RTH and get back to flying. but if i watched the screen it would display loss of rc again and again.
But if i moved my antenna around it come good and then stop. So after searching all these forums and tried all the tips and tricks
i read somebody mention the antenna wire being broken. Well i thought ill check it out before going nuts. i removed the back cover
and checked the cords etc and what i found was from the factory mind you the antenna wire plug was just touching the connector.
So when i moved my antenna it would make just enough connection to make it work but if i bumped it it would disconnect. So i pushed
the connector on with a click sound and the connection was tight. Tested the phantom and wallah all fixed. No issues since. Hope that
helps someone else as well.
2016-5-2
Use props
cmmettler
lvl.2

United States

I had the same issue - RC Signal Lost Error.
Somewhere I saw a post about un-installing the DJI app on my tablet. I un-installed the app. re-installed it. when I powered up the RC required an update.
All is well after that. Good Luck.
2016-5-2
Use props
ivanlinbibs
New

Singapore

the those who have the RC Signal loss Issue try to install the latest firmware on to ur P3 with the SD card, and then it should work.
2016-5-5
Use props
kemperhoglund
New

United States

***FIX for RC Signal Lost after update
I have had the phantom 3 advanced since last summer and never had an issue until the latest update. Same problem as most of the above; I could connect to the aircraft and get the live feed, but the app showed "RC Signal Lost" and I could not control the p3. I tried re-downloading the firmware and everything but I still had the RC Signal Lost. I did some research and decided to try one of the options for updating the RC.

***I made sure that the phantom 3 had the latest firmware on the micro SD card and put it in the phantom's camera (like it should be) and then CONNECTED THE RC TO THE PHANTOM USING THE MICRO USB PORT ON THE CAMERA AND THE USB PORT ON THE RC WITH THE CORD THAT IS INCLUDED. WHEN CONNECTED, TURN ON THE PHANTOM FIRST AND LET IT START UP. THEN, TURN ON THE RC AND LEAVE THEM BOTH ON, CONNECTED, FOR ABOUT 2 MINUTES.

The gimbal goes limp and the phantom beeps (like when plugged in to a computer). After about 2 minutes, I turned both the phantom and the RC off and unplugged them from each other. When I restarted them, I no longer had the "RC Signal Lost" notification and could fly the aircraft.

This worked for me. I hope it works for you.
2016-5-8
Use props
net_box
lvl.4
United States

kemperhoglund@g Posted at 2016-5-8 17:43
***FIX for RC Signal Lost after update
I have had the phantom 3 advanced since last summer and never ...

Brand new P3A and the RC wont connect!  Even when I force it to connect, using the reset in the phantom, the RC says it is connected and it turns green, but the Phantom light is still blinking green/red. It does not turn green (fully connected). My version shown now is Unknown for both the RC and the phantom.  Initially, the app was showing the correct version for the phantom, but now, they both show Unknown.

I am in IT and I have tried all options here, as well as, the net, but the issue persists.  When I try to force the update using the app,  nothing happens when I click the download button.

Mine seem to be a defective unit, or maybe there are many defective units, based  upon what I am reading here?  
It seems that the RC wont update frmware using the SD/USB adapter nor a USB flash card.
2016-5-10
Use props
futurapatos
New

Brazil

net_box Posted at 2016-5-11 12:32
Brand new P3A and the RC wont connect!  Even when I force it to connect, using the reset in the pha ...

I bought my P3S is six days ago and the radio range is short, maximum 100 meters without obstacles or interference , with pointed the right way antenna.

We are waiting for the Technical DJI make a new firmware FOR P3S the Faster What can because it has hundreds of dissatisfied buyers to the range of the radio signal.

Let us join all customers DJI and ask them to do a new firmware for the P3S . This will be the only way they make fast.
2016-5-11
Use props
net_box
lvl.4
United States

futurapatos@hot Posted at 2016-5-11 07:15
I bought my P3S is six days ago and the radio range is short, maximum 100 meters without obstacle ...

I Just bought mine, so I will keep returning them until one works.
Is it possible they are doing this on purpose?
2016-5-11
Use props
dants999
lvl.1

net_box Posted at 2016-5-11 19:46
I Just bought mine, so I will keep returning them until one works.
Is it possible they are doing th ...

I don`t know if they are doing that on purpose, if yes, they really shouldn`t. And the least they can do now is to make a fix for P3S as soon as possible. Otherwise thousands of unsatisfied customers certainly won`t make a good name for the company.
2016-5-11
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules