Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO Quit working! Help!
2055 16 2015-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
landonsmith760
lvl.1

United States

I recently received my DJI OSMO this week and have been shooting video, as I watched all of DJI's tutorials prior to ordering the unit. I was learning on the go and during my 4th video it suddenly stopped recording and the camera stopped feeding.

Initially, I shut down the OSMO and rebooted (obvious), and to my bewilderment the Gimbal did not fire up and stayed at rest in the unlocked position and the Camera was still not feeding to my iPhone.

I have spent the better part of the day, trying to replicate all of the other methods others have resolved this issue (from this website and some from Google search links)
Status of lights: Battery - Green          Status Indicator Light - Solid Yellow

I had never changed anything on the OSMO from the time I received it apart from a Gimbal Calibration, which was successful.
Since the malfunction I have tried:
-WiFi Reboot (Trigger-Shutter+Hold Power)
-SD Card Update (was already up to date but figured it wouldnt hurt to try)
-Tried another Class 10 card with larger capacity
-Deleted DJI GO App and Reloaded
-Tried different battery

No Luck, now for the bad news, I have a wedding I had planned to use this unit for on December 31, 2015
So if we could resolve this as quickly as possible it would be most appreciated

Note: Purchased from Amazon where I also purchased a 2-Yr warranty (from Amazon) and it has not yet arrived.
2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you upload a video of what happens when you power up the Osmo.
2015-12-23
Use props
landonsmith760
lvl.1

United States

I forgot to mention when I played the 4 videos I had on the SD Card they were all segmented and unrendered.

When I power it on, nothing happens but the green light and solid yellow, whether I have the gimbal locked or unlocked their is no movement and no feed through the app. All of the buttons are inactive but the power button
2015-12-23
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, the left led light becomes solid yellow means micro SD card error, please try to format the SD card by the app or take out the sd card see if the video feed recovered.
Also, please try the following things:
1) Fully charge the battery until the led light on the charger turns from red to green.
2)Reboot and upgrade the OSMO: Copy the upgrade bin file into the SD card. Hold the trigger and record button, and pull down the power button at the same time. Hold it until the right led blinks red and green. Then try to upgrade the OSMO into v. 1.2.1.60. (The OSMO will update automatically with the bin file in the SD card, please wait about 20 minutes for the upgrade, the left led becomes solid green means the upgrade is successful)
3) Check the camera connection pin of the gimbal, detach it and remove the red plastic circle slice in the pin base.
4) If the problem persist, please shoot a demo video and provide screenshots of the app. Thanks.
2015-12-23
Use props
landonsmith760
lvl.1

United States

removing red plastic pin successful so far, currently updating, will let you know if that clears up performance issues
2015-12-24
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

landonsmith760 Posted at 2015-12-25 05:17
removing red plastic pin successful so far, currently updating, will let you know if that clears up  ...

Okay, please reply me here and let me know if you've made any progress.
2015-12-24
Use props
landonsmith760
lvl.1

United States

Update was successful, but video quality is still incoherent and jumps frames

Video is uploading now, this is what it looks like, no matter the frame rate or resolution
Would like to return and wait for next version, unless you can offer a better solution.
2015-12-27
Use props
landonsmith760
lvl.1

United States

YouTube's rendering must have fixed the gaps, but when watching direct from SD card or through app on phone, playback is terrible
2015-12-27
Use props
teamnest1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

landonsmith760 Posted at 2015-12-27 15:56
YouTube's rendering must have fixed the gaps, but when watching direct from SD card or through app o ...

Are you on PC or Mac?

And are you recording MP4 or MOV?

Playback is going to be a bit pixelated/jumpy through wifi and app.

When playing back directly from the SD card, it should be fine. How does the video look when you copy the files from the SD card to your computer and then watch the video? I would also try on another computer just to see if the problem is persistent.
2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

landonsmith760 Posted at 2015-12-28 04:56
YouTube's rendering must have fixed the gaps, but when watching direct from SD card or through app o ...

What resolution did you choose? If it's 4K, please understand that it have stringent requirements on the hardware of PC and video player. Please try to play it in different PC or other 4K capable devices. At the same time, please try to upload your original files in the SD card to the Dropbox or other  similar platforms and provide the download link here. We will help you analyze the original files. Thanks.
2015-12-27
Use props
landonsmith760
lvl.1

United States

Mac
.MOV & a few .MP4 to attempt both
I have hundreds of videos that have no trouble playing no matter the source (external hd, SD, Flash)
I have tried 1080 & 4k, the previous video was in 4k
2015-12-28
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

landonsmith760 Posted at 2015-12-29 03:25
Mac
.MOV & a few .MP4 to attempt both
I have hundreds of videos that have no trouble playing no matt ...

Please try to upload your original files in the SD card to the Dropbox or other  similar platforms and provide the download link here. We will help you analyze the original files. Thanks.
2015-12-28
Use props
landonsmith760
lvl.1

United States

So I shot this wedding in 2.7k bc it seemed that after testing the .MP4 and 2.7K setting worked the best for playback directly from SD card and on Wi-Fi. Now I am beginning the editing process and every video works fine in Quicktime, but when I take it into Adobe Premiere I cannot get it to smooth out, even after rendering. I think I love this camera, just not this specific one. How do I got about returning for another?
2016-1-3
Use props
landonsmith760
lvl.1

United States

I downloaded other video editing programs to see if it is an Adobe issue but the effect is still the same. The video will play for 1/10 second and freeze and then jump forward to catch up and it lags the entire video
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

landonsmith760 Posted at 2016-1-6 05:30
I downloaded other video editing programs to see if it is an Adobe issue but the effect is still the ...

Please try to upload your original files in the SD card to the Dropbox and provide the download link here. We will help you analyze the original files. Thanks.
2016-1-5
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
First Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

I had playback problems to at first on iPhone 6 then bought the latest iPod 32gb just for the Osmo it's perfect, then I thought that my pc not powerful enough to watch 4K pc was laging jumpy playback, I had tried many media players no luck, then I found on this forum that some one sugeted to try "pot player" the playback works fine now
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-1-6 18:05
I had playback problems to at first on iPhone 6 then bought the latest iPod 32gb just for the Osmo i ...

The playback function I mentioned is in the app, left bottom corner of the camera view, if this function works well, that means the wifi video transmission is normal and you can watch the downsampled videos in the app directly. But for 4K videos, you need PC to play it and sometimes the hardware or video player can't handle the 4K videos properly, so we suggest uses try to play the original 4K videos in the SD cards using different PC and player.
2016-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules