Phantom 3 Standard RC SIGNAL LOST (Christmas Update 2015)
13098 22 2015-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vicentearnaez
lvl.1

Peru

For the RC signal Lost issue on this last update of the DJI Phantom 3 Standard: the only way I could solve this was ReLinking the RC. You just go to the rc menu on the app and then go to the bottom, select rc relink and in your Phantom Left body part there is a whole with a red or green light, in this case it should be red. Press it once and it should no longer be this issue.
2015-12-24
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

That's the way ! Very nice sharing . Thank you very much !
2015-12-24
Use props
mbeckdude
New

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-24 19:22
That's the way ! Very nice sharing . Thank you very much !

tried resetting RC link, still not working.  
2015-12-27
Use props
walsher
New

United States

mbeckdude Posted at 2015-12-27 15:00

I'm having the same problem.  It links fine until I start up the app.  As soon as the app starts it says RC signal lost and the link button turns red.  Somebody please help I've tried everything!!
2015-12-27
Use props
mfdenis
New

United States

I have the same issue described above (RC signal lost after updating firmware) - relinking did not fix the issue. Has anyone found a solution?
2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

mbeckdude Posted at 2015-12-28 04:00

Have you tried as the manual indicates ? If that linking method doesn't work , please post a video of that .
Linking RC.jpg
2015-12-28
Use props
mfdenis
New

United States

Following the instructions exactly as outlined in the manual. I get a green light on the RC and the beeping stops, indicating that linking was successful, but the aircraft light is still red and the app indicates RC Signal Lost. I have tried relinking several times with the same results.
2015-12-28
Use props
mfdenis
New

United States

Update. On a whim, I decided to upload the firmware update again. After doing so, everything seems to be working.
2015-12-28
Use props
walsher
New

United States

mfdenis Posted at 2015-12-28 10:25
Update. On a whim, I decided to upload the firmware update again. After doing so, everything seems t ...

Seriously that worked?  I had the exact same problem that you did.  I will give it a try.
2015-12-28
Use props
walsher
New

United States

Update... Uploaded the firmware update again and it seems to have corrected the problem.  Thanks for the help much appreciated!!
2015-12-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice, I'm glad you guys got your Phantoms going.
Make sure to do a IMU and gimbal & compass calibration.
2015-12-28
Use props
magic280z
lvl.1

United States

walsher Posted at 2015-12-28 12:54
Update... Uploaded the firmware update again and it seems to have corrected the problem.  Thanks for ...

Was this the Phantom 3 Standard?  How to you upload the firmware again?
2015-12-28
Use props
lilewis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7641 ft
United States

I just received my Phantom 3 Standard 2 days ago.  Successfully upgraded the firmware before 1st flight.  Before taking it outside I wanted to be cautious and learn how to fly it on the simulator.

RC Signal Lost!  And stays lost.  Over and over again.    The drone was 5 ft from the controller but refused to stay connected. The WiFi connection with my Iphone was good.
The manual says to stay away from metal and magnets.   I can't believe the the small jackknife and car keys in my pockets could cause the problem.

I'd also like to attempt re-upload the firmware, even though the upload was supposedly successful, but need to know how to do it.
Customer support is on vacation until 1/4/16.  
I can only imagine how long the phone wait will be on 1/4 when 100,000 new Phantom's owner's may be calling with the same problem~~~~~~~~~~

So I'm hoping that one of you who reinstalled the firmward can tell me how to find it to reinstall?

2016-1-1
Use props
lilewis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7641 ft
United States

lilewis Posted at 2016-1-1 16:26
I just received my Phantom 3 Standard 2 days ago.  Successfully upgraded the firmware before 1st fli ...

I got it fixed - I think~~~
The Phantom pairing to the controller needed to be re-established. as noted on the top post here, and all seems to be working properly now.  It involved clicking on the pairing button in the app to proceed with the pairing, then using a toothpick to press on the red light deep inside the recess on the underside of the drone.  Apparently, the firmware update caused the pairing to be lost.

Still not going to test it outside yet as I intend to become fluent with the simulator in the app first so that all controls are well understood and natural to me. I intend to err on the side of caution with this drone.
2016-1-2
Use props
timnrain
New

United States

Most people with this problem is still waiting for a fix. RC re-link/pairing doesn't fix the problem with most fliers including myself.
2016-1-2
Use props
stmfndn
New

United States

FINALLY!! After days and hours of angst, a lucid solution. Thank you, VINCENTEARNAEZ.
2016-1-3
Use props
benb2376
lvl.1

Australia

Hello, I had the same issue after upgrading to 1.3.50 and I have tried re-linking the controller.

How do you go back to a previous firmware?

Is DJI going to release a new firmware fix?

Thanks
2016-1-6
Use props
benb2376
lvl.1

Australia

timnrain Posted at 2016-1-3 15:10
Most people with this problem is still waiting for a fix. RC re-link/pairing doesn't fix the problem ...

Are we getting a new firmware upgrade from DJI?
Cheers
2016-1-6
Use props
benb2376
lvl.1

Australia

benb2376 Posted at 2016-1-6 19:11
Are we getting a new firmware upgrade from DJI?
Cheers

Anyone know how to roll back to previous firmware level and where you can get that level from?
Thanks.
2016-1-10
Use props
aruggio
New

United States

were is the rc menu on the app
2016-4-30
Use props
trevorzahra
New

Malta

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-28 20:03
Nice, I'm glad you guys got your Phantoms going.
Make sure to do a IMU and gimbal & compass calibrat ...

can you please  update with exxact instructions for dummies on how to fix the lost RC issue
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

trevorzahra@gma Posted at 2016-5-11 00:58
can you please  update with exxact instructions for dummies on how to fix the lost RC issue

Here are the linking instructions.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... al_v1.4_en_0112.pdf

Page 25 is the resetting WiFi instructions.
P3S linking.jpg
2016-5-10
Use props
halvoruttian
New

Norway

walsher Posted at 2015-12-28 19:54
Update... Uploaded the firmware update again and it seems to have corrected the problem.  Thanks for ...

How did you re-update the firmware? Please help me
2016-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules