Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
extenstion rod
2122 16 2015-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ahr69
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83612 ft
  • >>>
United States

does anyone know what the padded thing is on the extension rod?
and while were on it, what was changed from the old version of the extension rod to the new one which was just released?
2015-12-24
Use props
dlongcamp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe that is the carry strap.  Not sure anything really changed.  
2015-12-24
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Do you mean the carry strap? It is used for supporting the wrist since the Osmo can be a little bit heavy for some customers. The design of extension rod haven't been changed. I am not very clear about the new version you mentioned.
2015-12-24
Use props
ahr69
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83612 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-24 23:09
Do you mean the carry strap? It is used for supporting the wrist since the Osmo can be a little bit  ...

thanks for the good answer.
the DJI store had emailed me early December about the delay in the shipping of the rod. "We do apologize for the waiting .Because there has something wrong with the extension rod , your order had been delayed." When I spoke with others in the business of selling DJI products the same was said of the rod. These people confirmed there was a defective rod in the past and the next shipment of these rods would be better. I just wanted to know how to tell them apart since I just received one from China through a company called "Ofeely". The DJI store hasn't had them to ship since early December, that possess the question how did this "Ofeely" company get them when DJI can't? Is this "Ofeely" company a counterfeiter?
2015-12-25
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

ahr69 Posted at 2015-12-26 02:11
thanks for the good answer.
the DJI store had emailed me early December about the delay in the shi ...

There is a very small possibility of the faulty extension rod due to the quality issue. If you have any quality issue with the extension rod, you can contact DJI technical support or your dealer for replacement.
2015-12-28
Use props
dennismurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-28 01:56
There is a very small possibility of the faulty extension rod due to the quality issue. If you hav ...

Amy, what kind of "quality issue"? Mines suppose to get here tomorrow and I need to know what to look for before I mount my gear on it...???
2015-12-28
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

dennismurry08@c Posted at 2015-12-29 01:40
Amy, what kind of "quality issue"? Mines suppose to get here tomorrow and I need to know what to l ...

As the selling says, we've detected a small part of quality rods so the ship date was delayed. So the customers won't received these quality rods. It's under control. What the customers received should have no quality issue anymore.
2015-12-28
Use props
ChristianLewisP
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I used it as support when fully extended
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

ChristianLewisP Posted at 2016-1-6 05:36
I used it as support when fully extended

Yes, it can help you support the Osmo since the longer the rod is, the heavier you will feel about the Osmo.
2016-1-5
Use props
Moshe.mmm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Hi,
Is there a way to make the extention rod higher? how high it is with the tripod connected to it?
2016-1-7
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Moshe.mmm Posted at 2016-1-8 10:13
Hi,
Is there a way to make the extention rod higher? how high it is with the tripod connected to it? ...

Full length can be 980mm. You can check the quick start guide of extension rod. http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/o ... _Start_Guide_en.pdf
2016-1-7
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi, Dji-Amy,

Does the "...There is a very small possibility of the faulty extension rod due to the quality issue..." have any bearing on the fact that having opened and locked the rod for the first time, it now seems impossible to 'un-lock' the rod -- apart from the first small section nearest the camera? Is there some secret move that will allow me to close the rod?

UPDATE (Sunday):  I've got the extension rod unlocked  and closed -- it just takes more force than you think might be good for it. It's new, so probably needs 'wearing in'.  It looks like being a useful accessory.
2016-1-9
Use props
Moshe.mmm
lvl.4
  • >>>
Israel

Hi, I was asking if anyone know how to get some more hight with other accessories. The maximum hight is nky enough to my needs.  
2016-1-10
Use props
Moshe.mmm
lvl.4
  • >>>
Israel

*not enough
2016-1-10
Use props
martin94b
lvl.3
Germany

Moshe.mmm Posted at 2016-1-10 09:07
Hi, I was asking if anyone know how to get some more hight with other accessories. The maximum hight ...

Hi Moshe.mmm,

while I only have the DJI tripod which is useless without the extension rod (but DJI didn´t tell that in the App-Store!), I use a cheaper and more flexible solution meanwhile:

Manfrotto universal camera clamp (part 035):
http://www.thomann.de/de/manfrot ... RG4Jh0WIaAm9B8P8HAQ

Together with the screw (036-038) you can then fix the Osmo to that clamp and the clamp either to your regular tripod, car, bike, poles, whatever.
Its very robust and takes 15kg load ;-)

And you can juse it for other purposes (e.g. DSLR) as well, so its not limited to your Osmo.
2016-1-10
Use props
Moshe.mmm
lvl.4
  • >>>
Israel

martin94b Posted at 2016-1-10 13:35
Hi Moshe.mmm,

while I only have the DJI tripod which is useless without the extension rod (but DJI ...

Thanks for the idea man.

2016-1-11
Use props
martin94b
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Moshe.mmm Posted at 2016-1-12 06:17
Thanks for the idea man.

You´re welcome.
2016-1-11
Use props
Advanced