6493 13 2015-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
danielwithyou
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71759 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've bought and tried two different lavalier mic (not self-powered) but none is working to record the sound. Not really sure I should go buy a self-powered mic to give it a try...

I've updated the firmware to the latest v1.0.1.19+.
Really can't find what's wrong with it.

Has anyone encountered the same issue before?
2015-12-24
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

Try updating to today's firmware update and check if the volume from the external mic is moving. Else, shift up the gain
2015-12-25
Use props
danielwithyou
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Thanks sdchew but it still not working.

I just updated to Firmware Version: v1.4.1.80, but it still failed to pick up the sound from the external mic. It only picks some static noise.
After the update, it now shows whether i'm using the external or internal mic above the volume bar but the volume bar is not moving at all when I use the external mic.

I'm getting crazy. Trying to fix this for almost a whole day cause I'm gonna use it for tonight's Christmas party.
Am I the only one who got this issue? Probably a defective 3.5mm socket on the osmo? Those external mic works totally fine on my iphone.

2015-12-25
Use props
martin94b
lvl.3
Germany

Is it an active (condensator) type of mic you are using or a passive one?
If active, how much external voltage supply does it require?
I read somewhere in the forum that Osmo supports some 3.7V for ext. Mics if I recall it correctly.
If your Mic requires more you´ll need to get another one, preferable with ext. power supply.

Unfortunatly the 3.5 stereo jack is not always connected the same way. So you could also try to solder your own adaptor and re-order the connections.
That might help to fix your problem, and with 3.7V you should not blow up nothing
2015-12-25
Use props
danielwithyou
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Below are the two lavalier mics I've been trying.
I can't really tell whether it's active or passive and how much voltage it requires. But I saw videos using these basic lav mics and seems to work fine.  

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011EXBCMQ/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... _detailpage_o01_s00

Here's the video shows that these basic lavalier mic should work fine.

2015-12-25
Use props
m.friedl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
Austria

sdchew Posted at 2015-12-25 16:40
Try updating to today's firmware update and check if the volume from the external mic is moving. Els ...

Hi, can you explain how to "shift the gain" please?

Thank you - Mike
2015-12-25
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

danielwithyou Posted at 2015-12-26 02:37
Thanks sdchew but it still not working.

I just updated to Firmware Version: v1.4.1.80, but it stil ...

This reply probably answers why your mics aren't working... The cable used to connect a microphone to the iPhone is a TRS to TRRS cable (http://www.amazon.com/Rode-SC7-3 ... GMNBZW1W9Y67YNWBNXJ)

Thus, for it to work with the Osmo, you need a TRS to TRS Cable.
2015-12-25
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

m.friedl@a1.net Posted at 2015-12-26 04:48
Hi, can you explain how to "shift the gain" please?

Thank you - Mike

Click on the camera icon on the right side of the screen, scroll down the menu and you should see an option to set the mic gain.
2015-12-25
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

sdchew Posted at 2015-12-25 23:05
This reply probably answers why your mics aren't working... The cable used to connect a microphone ...

This. Make sure you are using the right cable.
2015-12-25
Use props
m.friedl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
Austria

It does not matter what Microfone i use.
Neither with the internal Mic nor with an external RHODE i can see that Menu you are talking about.
Seems to be different if you use an android Device or IOS !
watch out Screenshoot below using IOS:

any more Ideas ???
2015-12-26
Use props
danielwithyou
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

This reply probably answers why your mics aren't working... The cable used to connect a microphone ...

Wow...this is already way beyond my knowledge and I wish DJI would indicate that somewhere to make things easier.

I'm gonna try it and will see if this can address the issue. Thanks for your kind help on this.

btw, I'm gonna get the TRRS to TRS adapter as below.
http://www.amazon.com/Rode-SC4-i ... eywords=trs+to+trrs
2015-12-26
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

m.friedl@a1.net Posted at 2015-12-26 21:30
It does not matter what Microfone i use.
Neither with the internal Mic nor with an external RHODE i  ...

Please try to upgrade your app and Osmo to the latest firmware version. App: v2.4.3 Osmo firmware:  v1.4.1.80.  
1) Click the camera icon on the right side, scroll down the menu and you can see the Audio Volume Control.
2)  Enter video mode: You can monitor the live audio volume input by the bottom audio level indicator(besides the recording timer).
2015-12-27
Use props
jgracia
lvl.1
United States

I have the same problem, does not record audio. he connected an external microphone and no longer tried a TASCAM and a lavalier. only records OSMO internal noise. what should be updated until December 25.
2015-12-27
Use props
danielwithyou
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Problem solved.
Thanks sdchew for the information.

I bought the TRS to TRRS cable to connect the lav mic and it works fine now!
But I ended up choose the Rode videomicro as the external mic solution and the sound quality is way better than those cheap lav mic.
2016-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules