error in the installation of firmaware !!
1186 14 2015-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ricardoghion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1042037 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Friends please take care to install the new firmware via app , my mistake and so has managed to install via SD card.
2015-12-25
Use props
thgrab
lvl.2
Germany

Sorry I don't understand what you mean.
2015-12-25
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

I'm not sure what u mean?,  you install the update using the sd card mmmm... Hope it work for u however you did it
2015-12-25
Use props
ricardoghion
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

I tried to install via app , it did not work , installed via SD card and everything worked out
2015-12-25
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Australia

ricardoghion@ho Posted at 2015-12-26 10:42
I tried to install via app , it did not work , installed via SD card and everything worked out

Ok sorry my bad, (mind blank!) mine worked the other way round installed using the app, the sd card installation didn't work for me, 4K works now yah! Later I will test the rest of the updates out
2015-12-25
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Sorry, the firmware might have a update issue by app, so we've closed the app upgrade interface temporarily, please try to upgrade by SD card.
2015-12-27
Use props
ricardoghion
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-12-28 10:09
Sorry, the firmware might have a update issue by app, so we've closed the app upgrade interface temp ...

you guys do not do tests before putting a new firmware for Users ? this is unbelievable!!! you guys have heard of beta testing ?
2016-1-1
Use props
alansworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey Ricardo, this is DJI we're talking about here.  Of course they don't test. I doubt they can even spell the word.  Look at all the poor devils with totally broken wifi who have to send their units back for repair, because the firmware update damaged something internally.  This is not the first DJI firmware update that's been a complete mess, they are really good at issuing firmware updates that are just plain flaky. Just ask any Phantom or Inspire owner, any version, how reliable the firmware versions have been.
2016-1-1
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Australia

I was going to update the Osmo to the dec 27 firmware but I don't think I will, the Dec 25th version worked for me , I will leave it while the going is good, makes it hard to trust a update they bring out
2016-1-3
Use props
ricardoghion
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-1-3 19:03
I was going to update the Osmo to the dec 27 firmware but I don't think I will, the Dec 25th version ...

in Brazil this process now is very difficult and expensive! but you guys in the US and of the United Kingdom should process them !! besides being much more important markets for them that Brazil !! It is inadmissible that customers are treated well !! imagine who needed the OSMO for some work and ran out because of a mistake that company !!
2016-1-3
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

ricardoghion@ho Posted at 2016-1-1 21:33
you guys do not do tests before putting a new firmware for Users ? this is unbelievable!!! you gu ...

The failure of the app firmware update is mainly caused by the app shut down or power off of the Osmo during the process. To avoid the interruption of update procedure that caused the bricked Osmo, we update the FIXED one at 27th and shut down the firmware update by app temporialy. For those who have succeeded upgraded to the 25th version , there is no need to upgrade the 27th version at all. For those who haven't upgraded, you can upgrade the 27th version by SD card without the problem.
2016-1-3
Use props
ricardoghion
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-1-4 14:50
The failure of the app firmware update is mainly caused by the app shut down or power off of the Os ...

that we understand !! which does not understand is how a company with worldwide sales , launches a capable firmware to disable your own product ?? you guys should send away some very incompetent that company. And compensate users with problems.
2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

ricardoghion@ho Posted at 2016-1-4 20:32
that we understand !! which does not understand is how a company with worldwide sales , launches  ...

Update is harmless as long as customers upgrade the product in the right way. Sometimes, it's not the firmware itself that caused the failure, the hardware malfunction, customers interrupt the process manually can also resulted in the failed update. We will never let the customers undertake the price of update failure, so we always provide the free repair for update failure to customers although it might caused by the incorrect operation of the customers. Please think about the repair cost of this company, there is no doubt that we  want to improve the stability of the firmware and guide the customers to operate correctly. Sorry for the inconvinence caused again.
2016-1-4
Use props
ricardoghion
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-1-5 10:08
Update is harmless as long as customers upgrade the product in the right way. Sometimes, it's not t ...

frankly I do not see the DJI with a policy would be more in relation to the firmware, it is not the first update that you guys put on the market with problem and this is inadmissible. possess various photographic equipment and always do firmware updates and never had one problem, I think you guys should increase the quality of firmware rather than quantity.
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

ricardoghion@ho Posted at 2016-1-5 20:07
frankly I do not see the DJI with a policy would be more in relation to the firmware, it is not the ...

Yes, it's our responsibility to improve the quality and function of the firmware, thanks.
2016-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules