video file corrupt
3442 12 2014-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
owaiskhan
New

Saudi Arabia

Hello i had made video previously using my phantom w vision plus and they were fine they use to come up on my samsung tab 2.0 lite and also when i use to upload on my computer but today i ade coupe of vides which were quiet important and when i tried to view them on my tab they wernt coming up and upon mounting the sd card to my laptop it showed video file corrupted and it was in .tmp format and what should i do now? how to recover please help.
regards
Owais
2014-12-28
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Place the SD card back into the Phantom, turn the Phantom on and give it a minute.  The Phantom will close the file and all that you will likely lose is the last few seconds of the video.

I think this tip is also in the camera section of the manual.
2014-12-28
Use props
owaiskhan
New

Saudi Arabia

i tried but it did not seem to work
2014-12-28
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

owaiskhan Posted at 2014-12-29 07:36
i tried but it did not seem to work

I could never get it to work either.  I made a 10 second video setting here at my desk and turned off the phantom first, which will corrupt the video.  I put the sd card back in, started the phantom and it did not finish it.  After 5 minutes, it was still corrupt.
2014-12-28
Use props
owaiskhan
New

Saudi Arabia

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-29 07:39
I could never get it to work either.  I made a 10 second video setting here at my desk and turned  ...

i guesss 10 second is less im not near my drone now as it is in camp, i will be able to try it tonight
2014-12-28
Use props
finlayson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95331 ft
Australia

FYI, I have written software that can repair many of these corrupt video files:
live555.com/drones/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision+-video-fix/
2014-12-28
Use props
clay
New

United States

I have had same experience (bad video files), now that I read this I believe each time I have been guilty of turning off the quad before I stopped the video recording on the phone app.  Glad to know that it's just "OE" (Operator Error!) that's causing it!

I tried the DJIFIX routine that finlayson created, seems to work great - thank you!!

bugman
2015-1-10
Use props
drone
lvl.4

United States

finlayson Posted at 2014-12-29 14:38
live555.com/drones/D ...

inlayson, thanks I have used your software before I realized I should have stopped the video before power down.
2015-1-10
Use props
sayerbj
lvl.1

United States

live555 website appears to be down.  Does anyone have another place to download the djifix.exe ?
2015-3-31
Use props
helix2000
lvl.1
United States

I use a program called Datakam player and it allows you to recover corrupt files as well.  I have used it to recover video clips on sd card I forgot to let camera shut down before removing. I hope this helps.
2015-3-31
Use props
Barney Rubbel
lvl.4
United States

This link was given to me when I ran into the same problem. I lost a few seconds off the end, but it did fix the video.

Last edited by crash1sttime In 2015-3-8 20:43 Editor

Try http://www.datakam.com/download/

choose your version below the screen shots

Simply run it and click file>repair file,

it needs the bad file and one from the same format, it fixes them quite well, however be prepared to be disappointed as sometimes there is no fixing it.

Its also a good program to play MP4 files, i find its better than VLC

Helpful hint, when you click file >open, the file loads into a list on the right side, you have to click it then choose play
2015-3-31
Use props
finlayson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95331 ft
United States

FYI, the "djifix" software has recently been updated.  It can now repair a wider range of corrupted video files, including corrupted files from the Inspire 1 (as well as the Phantom 2 Vision+

http://live555.com/drones/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision+-video-fix/
2015-4-1
Use props
aaronmcfly
lvl.1

Canada

finlayson Posted at 2014-12-29 14:38
live555.com/drones/D ...

I've downloaded your software and thank you a TON for making it but I shot in 1080/ 50p. There's no option for me to fix the file?!

Thanks again
2015-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules