Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI announcement regarding OSMO 1.4.1.80 firmware bug
123Next >
15459 107 2015-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Dear DJI OSMO users,
DJI feels sorry to inform that in the Osmo 1.4.1.80 firmware released on 25th of December , 2015, has a bug that would make the Wi-Fi module keep rebooting.

Symptom: Wi-Fi keeps rebooting, Osmo cannot be connected to mobile device. This bug affects only a very small percentage of DJI Osmo cameras and cannot be fixed by updating the firmware again or rollback.

If you have encountered this problem, please contact DJI Customer Service to have the Wi-Fi module repaired, free of charge.This repair does not extend the standard warranty coverage of the Osmo.

The problem has been fixed and a new 1.4.1.80 firmware(2015-12-27) is currently available. If you haven't updated the firmware since 25th December, please ignore this announcement and do the update with no worries. If you have updated your Osmo over the past days and it keeps working well,there's no need to update firmware again.

Download link of the new firmware
http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads
OSMO Firmware v1.4.1.80
2015-12-27

Firmware version dispaly in the app: DJI GO app->General->About->Firmware Versions
Firmware Versions 1.4.1.80
APP: 02                     2.4.3
Wifi: 07                    01.00.09.40
Gimbal: 04              01.29.00.63
AircraftEncoder: 08 02.14.09.37
Camera: 01                02.47.44.92
AirOFDM: 09             00.00.00.73

Contact DJI Customer Service:

UNITED STATES
Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM (PST)

GERMANY
Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 3:00PM (GMT+1)
2015-12-26
Use props
m.friedl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
Austria

So this Version 1.4.1.80 is still available with same Filename ?

That´s not a good Idea
2015-12-26
Use props
outzsd
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for this post. I have been going nuts trying to figure this out. Will call Monday and ship mine in for repairs.
2015-12-26
Use props
wordsaremything
lvl.3

United States

WOW! I have been more than patient with the OSMO by waiting for a firmware upgrade that would make it function as advertised and now this? What a joke.  
2015-12-26
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

This is just becoming un acceptable. DJI do you have any products that work as advertised and upgrade with some consistency?
Why release software if it is not fully thought out?  the last upgrade was a epic fail and we are asked to revert back to the original software and now this.
Truly frustrating.
2015-12-26
Use props
jennings93
lvl.3
Flight distance : 820102 ft
Australia

Hey what about people who live in Australia?
2015-12-26
Use props
jackiedh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>
United States

After updating to the Firmware Version: v1.4.1.80 which went well all new functions work In the About section I am still showing 119+ as the Version instead of Firmware Version: v1.4.1.80--

On both IOS & Android devices with the latest App versions--Although every once in a while it will show the correct Firmware Version: v1.4.1.80 then restart OSMO and it goes back to 119+

Anybody else seeing this or have any ideas what's going on?

Thanks

Jack
2015-12-26
Use props
jennings93
lvl.3
Flight distance : 820102 ft
Australia

jackiedh Posted at 2015-12-27 08:18
After updating to the Firmware Version: v1.4.1.80 which went well all new functions work In the Abou ...

According to Australian consumer laws, if the item does not do what it is advertised doing, then the consumer is entitled to a replacement or refund. I intend asking my supplier to replace my Osmo. I need it urgently for a planned walking trip into Tasmanias remote SW and purchased this device specifically to take 4k video in this remote and beautiful area.
I have had good customer service for my Phantom 3 Pros and hope this extends to the Osmo. If I am told that it has to be shipped to China for repairs I will ask for a complete refund and purchase a new one.
2015-12-26
Use props
richiegl25
New

United States

Returning mine to seller Monday morning... what a bummer for a christmas present... thumbs down
2015-12-26
Use props
setiawan3d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7861 ft
Indonesia

m.friedl@a1.net Posted at 2015-12-27 02:53
So this Version 1.4.1.80 is still available with same Filename ?

That´s not a good Idea

better calling it 1.4.1.81...

Anyway, will download the new firmware, but I still need assurance before proceed...
2015-12-26
Use props
BIGDZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

Damn did I dodge a bullet, I uploaded the very same day it came out. No issues here but I'd be pissed if I did have one... I be very hesitant from now on uploading any new fw... My new policy is for any new fw update for my Osmo or P3A will be to wait a week or more before taking the plunge...
2015-12-26
Use props
Paulo Paulino
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2774265 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Please Dji, change the firmware name, add a tag (new), or just upload the file with a different date.
I download again today the firmware update and the file still shows date 25/12/2015. How can we know its the new file?

Thanks,
Paulo Paulino
2015-12-26
Use props
setiawan3d
lvl.3
Indonesia

Ok, I renamed the old 'wifi-problematic' firmware, and download the new one,and I noticed the newer fixed one is smaller size.

The older one is 33.8 MB zipped, 73.0 MB .bin uncompressed, dated Dec. 25th 2015 6:56 PM
while the NEW one is 32.77 MB zipped, 72.9 MB .bin uncompressed, dated Dec. 26th 2015 5:33 PM

Hope my post can help noticing the differences.

Set

DJIOsmoFirmware-01-04-01-80-differences.jpg
2015-12-26
Use props
hansniew
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1027795 ft
Netherlands

setiawan3d Posted at 2015-12-27 00:58
Ok, I renamed the old 'wifi-problematic' firmware, and download the new one,and I noticed the newer  ...

Very strange, I do not see a new firmware file on the DJI site. Zipped file is still the same as the one I downloaded on the 25th. Both are from 25-12-2015 18:56 and filesize 73.085 kB.

DJI, please review your firmware upgrade process. Everytime a firmware upgrade is released (OSMO or Inspire1) it looks more and more like a lottery, and this kind of lottery I surely don't want to win!
2015-12-26
Use props
m.friedl
lvl.4
Austria

jackiedh Posted at 2015-12-26 22:18
After updating to the Firmware Version: v1.4.1.80 which went well all new functions work In the Abou ...

You are right Jack, recogniced same Result at my Screen.

Really no Idea what Version runs now on my Device

What a Shame for such a Company.

DJI - you blame yourself !
2015-12-26
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

setiawan3d Posted at 2015-12-27 07:01
better calling it 1.4.1.81...

Anyway, will download the new firmware, but I still need assurance  ...

OSMO requires that the firmware be updated via the SD card not through the App at this time.  We will add the App update soon in a later release.   
2015-12-26
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-12-27 13:48
OSMO requires that the firmware be updated via the SD card not through the App at this time.  We w ...

DJI, the only firmware update on your site is the one dated 25th 1.4.1.80.  You tell us it has a bug - are you saying you have fixed the bug and left the update number and the date the same?  If so you should be firing the person that allowed this to happen.

When things go wrong you know you will be widely published, so why do you allow such a crass self inflicted injury ? Just give it a new number then no-one will be confused.  We shouldn't have to check out issue file sizes to see whether you have really fixed anything- we need to trust you and you need to win that trust, not throw it away deliberately.
Rod and the (very grumpy) cat.
2015-12-26
Use props
setiawan3d
lvl.3
Indonesia

hansniew Posted at 2015-12-27 08:31
Very strange, I do not see a new firmware file on the DJI site. Zipped file is still the same as t ...

Weird, I download this firmware from here:
http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads
(That's right, on that site (as I see it in this time) the firmware is still written v1.4.1.80 AND dated 2015-12-25. --- UPDATE: Ok, they just change the date to 2015-12-27 ---)

Better RE-download the package to make sure, and I find it is a new firmware, with 72.907 MB, dated Dec. 26th 2015 5:33 PM, same just like previously downloaded.

but, why are you having different version ?!

2015-12-26
Use props
m.friedl
lvl.4
Austria

i´m really stunned - that´s not serious DJI

To give same Filename is Top of stupidity

2015-12-26
Use props
burbanog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5131 ft
United States

Never update anything for at least 30 days.. too bad..

George
2015-12-26
Use props
petevandra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6939 ft
  • >>>
Australia

A CAUTION FOR INSPIRE 1 OWNERS WITH OSMOS
Have been flying my Inspire 1 with Ipad Air2 for 8 months without any problems. (maybe one of the lucky DJI customers!!!!)
Just purchased an OSMO with included X3 camera and intended to use iPhone 6 with the OSMO.
Everything worked fine until I updated to OSMO 1.4.1.80 last night. After the update I connected the OSMO to the IPhone and Ipad (at different times) and all worked fine.
This morning I went out to fly my Inspire 1 and the DJI app would no longer connect to my ipad/inspire.  It just timed out and went back to the screen with the DJI app on it.
Tried everything I could think of and finally in desperation I deleted the DJI app from my Ipad and reinstalled it as a new one (of course lost all my flight data). The Inspire now links to the Ipad and everything appears to be back to normal.
From now on I  will only attach the OSMO to my iPhone and not to  the ipad that I use for flying.
2015-12-26
Use props
setiawan3d
lvl.3
Indonesia

DJI developer team, it will be more convenience if you can make the upgrade process more 'friendly', just like Sony's firmware upgrade process, if possible.
Just like the example below

And, for Sony's process, there is a 'safe' backup if there is any failure in the upgrade process. I had it once, and after changing the usb cable, the procedure when smoothly.
(Speaking of computer and operating system's term for this experience: probably the previous WindowsOS had been wiped out, but the newer WindowsOS didn't install successfully, but thankfully the BIOS is still there, untouched)
If you can do this, it will be awesome!

rodAndTheCat from NewZealand:
"we need to trust you and you need to win that trust, not throw it away deliberately."

That's right, this is why I'm hardly doing the firmware update process too previously, like from v 1.0.1.19 to v 1.0.1.19+ (even though I noticed on change log nothing is updated), I need a lot of assurance before doing so, and by several members' respond here, I'm not comfortable yet to do that, and I noticed 6 weeks is needed to send-repair-receive the unit (Assuming sending/receiving from/to USA is the same as Indonesia, where I came from) ~ and I look forward to use it on January.
My current Osmo with v1.0.1.19 is working nicely now albeit being limited to UHD 3840x2160 and limited audio control, but I'm happy to upgrade mine in later time once this issue can be sorted out.

Set

2015-12-26
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

BIGDZ Posted at 2015-12-27 07:18
Damn did I dodge a bullet, I uploaded the very same day it came out. No issues here but I'd be pisse ...

Same here... I had some issues with my wifi disappearing but that appears to have sorted itself out after I rebooted (trigger+shoot+power) and reset my wifi (trigger+photo+power) and setup the wifi again.

I noted DJI apparently uploaded yet another 1.04.01.80 firmware file on the 27th of Dec. This time, they forgot to zip it.

I have to say the About page is also fairly unstable. Re-opening it multiple time can lead to the firmware version being falsely reported.
2015-12-26
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

We are sorry for letting you down and bringing  the inconvenience caused by the FW bug, Of course we are responsible for it  so we offer users who got this issue a free fix.
2015-12-26
Use props
sevimli
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-12-27 10:58
We are sorry for letting you down and bringing  the inconvenience caused by the FW bug, Of course we ...

What about the time we are gonna loose?  

What is the turnaround time on OSMOs?  If it is like phantoms/inspires good luck to everyone...
2015-12-26
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

sevimli Posted at 2015-12-27 11:12
What about the time we are gonna loose?  

What is the turnaround time on OSMOs?  If it is like ph ...

Turnaround time is 2 weeks
2015-12-26
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

China

Paulo Paulino Posted at 2015-12-27 07:51
Please Dji, change the firmware name, add a tag (new), or just upload the file with a different date ...

Hi, thanks for you suggestion, we just updated the link.

Download link of the new 1.4.1.80 firmware:
http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/o ... 01.04.01.80.bin.zip

If the file name of the firmware includes "BUGFIX", it is the correct version without this bug.
2015-12-26
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

China

Paulo Paulino Posted at 2015-12-27 07:51
Please Dji, change the firmware name, add a tag (new), or just upload the file with a different date ...

Hi, thanks for you suggestion, we just updated the link.

Download link of the new 1.4.1.80 firmware:
http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/o ... 01.04.01.80.bin.zip

If the file name of the firmware includes "BUGFIX", it is the correct version without this bug.
2015-12-26
Use props
olpdon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191109 ft
  • >>>
United States

jennings93@gmai Posted at 2015-12-26 16:46
According to Australian consumer laws, if the item does not do what it is advertised doing, then t ...

Jackiedh

Had the same results in about 119+.......   I downloaded the updated with bug fix (after formating SD card with osmo), did the normal update on osmo.  It only fook a few minutes to complete, and all is good the about shows the correct 1.4.1.80
Don
2015-12-27
Use props
krskyeyedrone
lvl.1

Ireland

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-12-27 03:17

IM USING OSMO FOR MY WORK WHO WILL PAY ME FOR THEM 2 WEEKS !!!!!!
2015-12-27
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

Looks like I will need to order a 2nd grip just in case things like this happen. I use mine for work as well, Cant be without it. 2 weeks is definitely better then the 8 weeks I was without my inspire 1 (and it was replaced, not repaired)
2015-12-27
Use props
dji.moon-demon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Under the circumstances I think that I'll continue to play with my 1.0.1.19 straight-out-of-the-box version for a week or two until things settle back to normal.
2015-12-27
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

setiawan3d Posted at 2015-12-27 02:19
DJI developer team, it will be more convenience if you can make the upgrade process more 'friendly', ...

Most of us with a Sony AX100 have applied the two firmware updates within hours of its availability, and without any problems -- as the video shows. However, Sony have been in the business a long time and will be only too aware of how bad reports with consumer items can reflect on their extensive professional base. It probably explains why there's only been two firmware updates in the time that the camera has been available (20 months) -- vigorous testing before release.
2015-12-27
Use props
wordsaremything
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-12-26 20:17

I  contacted support via email as soon as this happened and have yet to hear from them. Is it best to call? Will we be paying shipping charges to send the OSMO back in?
2015-12-27
Use props
FabricioE
lvl.3

Venezuela

I'm in Venezuela. To send my Osmo to USA it will cost a lot of money and then send it back! (Probably cost more than a half of the price of the product)
And also I'm in the mountain and cannot get out of here until few weeks.

Is there a way to fix it from here?? Can I just update through the MicroSD card???  
2015-12-27
Use props
alansworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Isn't it heartwarming when competent manufacturers release really well tested and verified firmware updates!  But I don't include DJI as one of these competent manufacturers. Shall we use the word 'incompetent'?  It is completely and utterly unforgiveable to release a firmware update featuring such an obvious bug.  And now it appears that owners face at least two weeks (let's just say four or more) wait for a fix.  I think owners in countries where laws cover such incompetence should invoke those laws to their fullest extent.  In the UK the result of OSMO + new firmware would render the device what I'd define as unfit for purpose, something for Trading Standards to be alerted to.  What a bloody ridiculous situation, you should be ashamed of yourselves, DJI.
2015-12-27
Use props
noflyzone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58333 ft
United States

I recieved my osmo handle on dec 23 which i had done the newest firmware on my inspire 1 the day before so when i got it everything functioned as it should, then on christmas day through the app it says new firmware available download now which i proceeded to do through the app said it sucessfully completed to restart device once i did i my wifi constatnly reboots and its unusable ive took the inspire x3 and reverted back to the inspire firmware and when i placed it back on the craft it went through the update  protocol  again and seems to be working fine on the inspire just my osmo handle wifi is screwed up from what im taking i placed my order october 14th and didnt receive till dec 23 and got to use for a day before this happened, this is a total blow dji should send me a new handle and a pickup ticket for the 1 i got instead of having to wait weeks for a repair.
2015-12-27
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please tell me how a firmware bug can fry a wi-fi module making it useless?
2015-12-27
Use props
jackiedh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>
United States

olpdon@aol.com Posted at 2015-12-27 18:17
Jackiedh

Had the same results in about 119+.......   I downloaded the updated with bug fix (after ...

I tried what you said and downloaded the new Bug Fix Bin File put it in the OSMO did not get any flashing red/green lights only a steady Beep-Beep=Beep tone eventually shut it down read the 2 text files said success on one and upgrade cancelled on the other file firmware the same or older on the other --

I had previously installed the 140 bin with no problems on the OSMO except the About section reporting 119+ as the Firmware--Still no problem with the OSMO all working as before BUT still saying 119+ as the Firmware!!!

Any Ideas?

Jack
2015-12-27
Use props
FabricioE
lvl.3

Venezuela

jackiedh Posted at 2015-12-27 13:59
I tried what you said and downloaded the new Bug Fix Bin File put it in the OSMO did not get any f ...

Did you solve the WiFi problem?? Did you ever have it?
2015-12-27
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules