Did anybody get a recall notice for the Osmo Car Mount?
1243 2 2015-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alan.zucker
New

United States

I recently purchased via Adorama in the USA.  They delivered the product, but then sent a recall notice.  Anybody else?

Also, would it be feasible to mount the Osmo Bike Mount to a metal pipe, and then connect the metal pipe to a standard camera car mount system?

2015-12-26
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

I'm not sure how strong would be that construction
2015-12-26
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

Hi Alan!
I like the way you think.
I have tried recording a timelapse with a 3rd party car-camera mount the first day owning the OSMO.
The results were not great but was pretty impressed with the results. I do not think that using the bike mount in between a car mount and the OSMO to benefit from the shock absorber would really bring much in off-road conditions and on a normal road I did not feel is required as the camera movement is quite smooth.
I had no time yet since purchasing the OSMO but planning to build a few custom mounts of myself:
- car / bike mount with magnetic shocks
- shoulder / chest mount for tracking / hiking
- quick release mounts (magnetic / clip microphone-type) for tripod stands... already found a mic-type stand which can be adapted to clip the OSMO to a tripod
Also, custom mounts can be built for attaching peripherals to the OSMO, like video light and external microphone. Others have already attached such peripherals in so many ways (ex: phone sunshade with mic) and I am already using an O-ring with a light metallic arm to attach an external light  or mic directly between the phone mount and the OSMO.
I do plan to customize a BOYA stereo self powered mic by changing its plastic enclosure, in order to attach it directly to the 3.5mm port and secure it to the handle, thus not requiring an additional mount  and extension rod attached, having a rather bulky setup as per DJI's design. This is how DJI should've implement the audio solution anyway, by providing an optional external mic to the OSMO, since the internal mic is completely useless. What I love about this BOYA mic when compared to other suggested recommended units to be used with OSMO is that has 2 output ports (one for camera and another for headphones or additional sound recorder), while also providing a volume gain dial, -10db sound attenuation toggle and 2-step high pass filter toggle... all in a very small sized board with 2 adjustable sensors allowing 90/120 degrees of stereo recording.
Best regards,
Bogdan
2015-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules