1687 16 2015-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ivanarconada
New
Flight distance : 427995 ft
Thailand

Hi, everyone.
I lost my Inspire few days ago among limestone rocks in Thailand.
Signal disappeared and never showed up again.
It was quite far away about 800 meters and I let it go from my visibility behind rock. Completely wrong. I know. But it happened.
When I connect RC to app I still have last point on the map in DJI GO app where bird was at the last moment.
I also found last video from DGI GO App Library on my ipad till the last second.

I didn't see it straight away so I don't know exactly where it lies now.
But I'm almost sure it's still on the rock.

I have few questions. Maybe you can help me.
1. What usually happens at the moment when signal is lost? Bird goes home same moment or continues to go last direction for a while?
2. If I was about 50 meters above the sea and I have Return-To-Home Altitude set by default 20 meters does it go 20 meters up (to 70) on the way home or not?
3. Can I have more details of last position like altitude and GPS coordinates? I mean where can I find it? Maybe somewhere in app? I have last video from Library but I cannot be sure is it 50 or 70 or 90 meters height. And this makes big difference in searching area.
I cannot go and inspect all the rock because it's closed for climbing but I have people who can go if I have exact location.

Any advise appreciate.
2015-12-26
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Sorry to hear of your loss.

The I1 will go into RTH very soon after signal is lost. It will not continue in the direction traveling.
It will go to the RTH altitude if it is lower than but if higher than it will just RTH at that altitude.

Dave
2015-12-26
Use props
ivanarconada
New
Thailand

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-12-27 14:42
Sorry to hear of your loss.

The I1 will go into RTH very soon after signal is lost. It will not co ...

Thank you, Dave.
You confirmed my suggestions about 1 and 2.
So question 3 is still open. Does app have GPS coordinates of the last moment somewhere in logs? Or at least altitude?
2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

ivanarconada Posted at 2015-12-27 17:04
Thank you, Dave.
You confirmed my suggestions about 1 and 2.
So question 3 is still open. Does app ...

you can check the aircraft position in your flight records, and try to find it according to the map in DJI go
2015-12-27
Use props
ivanarconada
New
Thailand

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-12-27 17:12
you can check the aircraft position in your flight records, and try to find it according to the ma ...

Yes, but altitude? My eye can be wrong +-20 meters and it makes very big difference for the searching area.
I just wonder if there are set of logs inside app?
2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

ivanarconada Posted at 2015-12-27 18:32
Yes, but altitude? My eye can be wrong +-20 meters and it makes very big difference for the searchi ...
Please check this thread
http://forum.dji.com/thread-37819-1-1.html
2015-12-27
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hope you find it! Keep us updated.
2015-12-27
Use props
ivanarconada
New
Thailand

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-12-27 17:41
Please check this thread
http://forum.dji.com/thread-37819-1-1.html

Thanks alot. I'm one step closer. From skypixel I can see all the route and real altitude  was 101 meters. )) Instead 50 or 70 as I was thinking. During all flight I was above the water so I think it's a real altitude.
But map picture is not so clear I cannot see exactly way home. image1.jpg
2015-12-27
Use props
ivanarconada
New
Thailand

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-12-27 17:46
Do you know where to find the flight playback?

Are you using iOS?

Yes, IOS. IPad air.
Do you mean I send them log file and they can provide coordinates?  
2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

ivanarconada Posted at 2015-12-27 21:53
Yes, IOS. IPad air.
Do you mean I send them log file and they can provide coordinates?

nope. you can find the palce yourself without skypixel and DJI support. just play your flight records and check the last point your aircraft was at.
2015-12-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

For future reference, I always put a GPS tracker on anything I fly. I hope you find it.
2015-12-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for your loss and I hope you locate it soon

Rich
2015-12-27
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

ivanarconada Posted at 2015-12-27 04:45
Thanks alot. I'm one step closer. From skypixel I can see all the route and real altitude  was 101 ...

I like Paul's answer...... If you're using an iOS device connect it to iTunes.... From your device  look  under apps , now find and  highlight the Dji go app..... then highlight flight logs and export these text files to your desktop.... Then visit healthydrones.com and upload these files, after this is complete  you can export either a .kml or .csv file.....I would personally open the kml into google earth at which point  the exact coordinates of the last known location is only a click away..... The satellite imagery should match that which you posted above as a final check....

Hope this helps and gl

2015-12-28
Use props
ivanarconada
New
Thailand

Many thanks to all who took part in conversation.
Your advises really helped. Now I know about drones much more than before I lost it. )
With itunes and healthydrones.com I found last position and many other important details.
Now it's a question of possibility to reach searching area because it's at 340 feet altitude on the rock.
I will try to get there soon.

One last question. If anybody had experience with loosing signal.
Last record says It was moving at 28 miles speed. Definitly it did't stop at the point recorded.
How far it can be from the moment when signal lost?
I mean how far it could move from the last recorded point before it turned home?
2015-12-28
Use props
offshorecl1
lvl.2

Belgium

ivanarconada Posted at 2015-12-28 16:39
Many thanks to all who took part in conversation.
Your advises really helped. Now I know about dron ...

my Inspire took off himself a landing inside in a forest 1km from homepoint during RTH. Fortunately for me,my luck this was just a open area in the forest. I started to track the cases indicated for this place on my iPad 2 air, start looking and finding landing place, and I found my  inspire right at the landing point on the ipad. Good luck!!! Let us know the result.
2015-12-28
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've lost video signal but never lost connection from RC to the aircraft.
2015-12-29
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

Well please keep us all updated ,  did you get the bird back? .. and what was the outcome.  Its painful even for me to think about that  inspire out there in the wilderness all alone ,  possibly injured and on the food chain.
2016-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules